Skyblock updates

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Gribo, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Gribo

Gribo Member

Does anyone know or have any information on if SB will be updated from 1.12.2? I’m just curious ;)

2. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Probably not for a long time. Essentially, 1.12.2 is the last stable Minecraft build for one map servers. They are starting to work on it though, so there is a chance that in 1.17-1.18 it may be optimized enough to be usable in a one map server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    From what I’ve heard from Noobcrew, he regrets even updating it to 1.12.2. Of all of the newer versions, 1.8-1.8.9 are the most stable and least buggy- hence the reason most big servers are based on 1.8.9. As Caleb said above, it would take 1-2 years from new releases for the developers to optimise it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    What Tog and Caleb have written are probably the most accurate information you're going to get. To port all current 1.12.2 optimisation plugins for lighting, redstone, terrain generation, anti-exploit, entity movement and even event plugins to a newer version of Paper will take well over 6 months of solid work - with multiple devs - on a platform that will most likely be less stable than it currently is.

In all honesty, some of the optimisation mods for Fabric 1.16 look really promising, some, when put together, boosting your FPS from <60 to >400. If only they could be integrated into a server environment....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    I dont think so. Newer versions decrease server performance dramatically, and the server still runs on fairly low TPS. Imagine skyblock at 5-7 tps. Doesn't sound so fun, eh?

6. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I mean the server was like that for 4 years between 2014-2018, I think it was very fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Slybudda

Slybudda THE GOAT Premium

IGN:
    Slybudda
    Updating the game seems very unlik
    I don't think an update is coming, but if it does its going to be a long time away :>

8. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    There's a possibility that Mojang might make 1000 players in one lobby possible in 2 years or more, We might not get a version beyond 1.12.2 into the server until Mojang fixes this, this isn't the only thing they have on hold they have the Combat Update on hold but we don't know both of these updates will into 1.17 or 1.18.

Noobcrew would have to do something about the mob arena, grinders, and more that cause lag, not just the player count.

• Informative Informative x 1