Skyblock Skyblock For Dummies: An Introduction To The Server

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by CatPURRccino, Jun 3, 2020.

1. CatPURRccino

CatPURRccino New Member

IGN:
    CatPURRccino
    So, I haven't played Skyblock in a while since 2-3 years ago and just got back into the server again and I just wanted to add this topic as a suggestion. Feel free to criticize nicely (go easy on me - my first forum on here lol)
    =(^. .^)=

Not much has changed on the server although I have noticed a lot of newer people joining Skyblock or just those who are asking for help because they have no idea what to do (let's face it, we were all newbies at one point!) I, myself can find it overwhelming to keep up with the chat in-game so it's totally understandable if newbies asking for help get overlooked or just plain ignored.

Most common questions I see people asking (almost everyday) are:
    • How / Where do I get [more] grass / dirt?
    • How do I make a chest shop?
    • What version does this server run on?
    • How do I add color to text in-chat / on signs?
    The list goes on!

What about the idea of all Skyblock members having some sort of book as a starter kit [/kit guide ???] similar to this one I bought a while back made by cyk753 (I'm not sure if this person is the original "author" but I just wanted to mention their name just in case!)

2020-06-03_00.57.36.png

This book helped me out so much more than the /help commands and tutorials (I still use it since I'm such a forgettable person lol) and I think it would be a nice cheat sheet for everyone to have. What do you guys think?

2020-06-03_00.58.16.png 2020-06-03_00.58.21.png 2020-06-03_00.58.26.png

• Support Support x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

Most people spam buy the book and sell them at their shop for grass. I think the biggest questions are what the limits are, although very few people ask that.

3. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Definitely a good idea, but how would it be implemented? As a kit or part of a starter island? Would the kit have a cooldown or no?

I support this, but it needs a semi-unexploitable and a way to be implemented as such.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CatPURRccino

CatPURRccino New Member

IGN:
    CatPURRccino
    Yeah I've not seen very many shops selling it or just completely sold out because of spam buyers.

5. CatPURRccino

CatPURRccino New Member

IGN:
    CatPURRccino
    Either one, I guess. I haven't thought that far ahead lol xD

6. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Maybe a /kit starter that gives one of these books? And it can be used once a month or something.

7. No longer on forums

A few shops sell the book, but if you know the right type of person, it's not too hard to find a book for sale. I think ladyankie sells the book.

8. CatPURRccino

CatPURRccino New Member

IGN:
    CatPURRccino
    Exactly! Or a limit to how many you can own or maybe just make it non tradable.

9. CatPURRccino

CatPURRccino New Member

IGN:
    CatPURRccino
    Thats good :3 I don't think very many people know about these books

10. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    I dunno. Beccause someone could easily misplace the book as a new player, so maybe like a 1 day cooldown? This would make the books a bit easier to get, but less likely to be mass traded for profit.

Also, CatPURRccino, try to quote posts in the same post, as double posting isn't really needed, but I understand that you're new here.

11. No longer on forums

/kit starter is basically /vote. It might be nice to add the book in your starting island chest maybe.