Significant block lag

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Janne252, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janne252

Janne252 Member

Hey,

I'm experiencing quite significant block lag:

Is there anything that can be done to reduce it or is it simply the outcome of a relatively high ping caused by a long distance to the server (eastern Europe; Finland -> US east coast)?

Edit #1:
    Internet connection: Wired/cable broadband, 100 Mbps down, 10 Mbps up
    Best available connection in terms of latency.

Edit #2:
    Currently are are around 80 players on the server, no noticeable block lag.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  2. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hi, Janne252!
    Sorry about the issue that you have today. I have this problem a lot too, and I’m in Western Europe but sometimes it doesn’t happen so I guess it’s just how good your connectivity is. Unfortunately the only thing that I can recommend is maybe relogging or restarting your game as sometimes that helps me. ^J

3. Janne252

Janne252 Member

Hey,

Thanks for the response. I've updated the first message with my connection details.
    I'll see if restarting the client helps. Unfortunately it did persist yesterday and again this morning.

The block lag does not seem to affect placement of blocks, only breaking them. It gets rather infuriating as a ghosting block also prevents breaking any other blocks, almost as if only one block can be in this laggy state at a time.

4. athyrix

Hi again,
    Your issue might be the server TPS going down to single digits. I’m pretty sure our developers are currently working to keep the TPS levels double digits at all times, sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused over the past few days! If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here, if not then may I lock the thread? ^James

5. Janne252

Janne252 Member

I remember being able to execute /tps command on other servers (a long time ago though).
    Seems a bit weird for the server to advertise 700 slots yet the TPS seems to go down dramatically when the player count exceeds 100.
    If staff members have access to the current TPS count, perhaps I'll have to contact them in-game to find out if it is indeed the TPS and not other factors.

6. athyrix

Hi,
    I’m fairly certain that players can actually do the command, however I think it’s /tps so I don’t know why you are unable to do this command. Whenever a staff is online just give them a shout and I’m sure they’ll give you the TPS if you ask nicely :) ^James

7. Janne252

Janne252 Member

Executing /tps results in "Insufficient permission".

8. athyrix

Hi again,
    That’s really odd. I’ll ask around and see whether I can find out why this is happening. Sorry for the inconvenience ^James
    Edit: Hi, have you done /gc? That usually shows the TPS.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  9. athyrix

Hi, Janne252,
    Has this been resolved? :)

10. athyrix

Thank you for your thread on a recent issue. The issue has been resolved.
    This thread has been moved to the Help Archives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.