Skyblock Shorter alternative to a 30 minutes+ mob arena

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by lowfps10, Nov 23, 2018.

?

Which suggestion would you like to see in game?

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. All these ideas are bad

5. 4

6. 5

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    If you ever played mob arena, you know that finishing wave 40 takes a long time, often more than 30 minutes. This can be very annoying if you do not have over 30 minutes of time to win ur head or a nether star. I have 3 solutions for this.

1. Make the mob arena 20 waves instead of 40. While this would make mob arena easier, the staff can probably think of many ways to make it harder, such as harder waves and less potions. AND KNOW THAT IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE NETHER STARS AND HEADS COMMON WITH THIS IDEA. There is a reason the arena must be made harder if this idea is implemented.
    2. Rewards for skywars. The closer you are to first place, the better rewards you get. If you win first place, you have a very small chance of winning your head or a nether star.
    3. New minigame. The minigame would have to take less than 15 minutes to complete on average and cannot be laggy. The rewards system would work differently depending on the minigame chosen. (PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT ONLY ONE MINIGAME NAY BE IMPLEMENTED SO THE SERVER DOESN'T "BECOME MINEVERSE")
    4. Same as #3 but we completely drop mob arena in favor of the minigame (yes this is similar to a suggestion made by Bard and yes this is extremely controversial)
    5. Like #3 but we swap between a minigame and mob arena

• Neutral Neutral x 4
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. HuskyKiing

HuskyKiing Member

IGN:
    HuskyKiing
    Neutral. If you don't have time for mob arena, don't join. Also, I like idea 2. Skywars should be more advertised.

3. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    No Support,

1st, Having 20 waves is too short, 40 waves is too perfect.

2nd, Nether Stars will lose value.

3rd, This isn't mineverse, this is Skyblock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    I understand your thinking. Most rewards from mob arena can be obtained in other ways. However, there is NO way to obtain your head without finishing mob arena, which takes 30+ minutes
    They won't if the chances of getting them are very VERY slim

5. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I some what agree.

Mob arena is boring and needs some changes. I think 40 waves with the high health bosses get tedious and impossible when you have lower numbers. It is even worse when you have to play solo and the health of the bosses don't adjust to the number of people.
    If there is any changes made i'd recommend this; more waves with less health bosses or less waves but more difficult waves and keep the bosses health the same.

Skywars rewards should just be money. There is no use for heads in skywars and if they transfer to net then it is a bit op.

I do want another better game than mob arena. But the lag we have makes it difficult. TNT run and Colour shuffle are old games but really good... if the lag isn't present. I would love there to be a mini games server attached to skyblock but it takes a lot of work to maintain the more servers that are connected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    I appreciate your semi-support, however the main purpose of this thread is to have shorter alternatives to a mob arena that takes 30+ minutes to complete

7. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    I have to agree with arcues on 1 other then that people can farm wins on skewers and wouldn't make it fair and this is skyblock not a mining games server like mineverse like arcues said

8. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    I think ut would be Nice with 20 Wales becuase it’s very ling but then it’s need to be harder waves. Neutral

9. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    1 - No support, the amount of waves we have right now is fine and makes the game more challenging and somehow hard but still fun. Making it 20 waves would be quick and less fun.

2-Neutral... I'm confused..? Skywars?

3- Neutral, a minigame or 2 wouldn't hurt but adding more would turn skyblock into mineverse as I have a few minigames ideas such as spleef and splegg.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  10. stupidOP

stupidOP Member

IGN:
    stupidOP
    I'm a fan with #1 because it would be just as hard as 40 waves but less time spent, in a way that is more efficient.

11. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    ATTENTION: I've added new suggestions 4 and 5. They both revolve around idea 3.

12. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    I underatand now

So you are saying that people can ask the whole game and wait for everyone else to die.

I've played skywars many times and pretty much everyone does that. While we can't stop it, there are steps we can take to prevent this.

1. Give skyblock mods moderator permissions on skywars
    2. Make skywars more popular somehow
    3. Since skywars is more popular, mods will more frequently show up on skywars and be there to kick afk players
    See ideas 4 and 5. They are alternatives to idea 3 that don't "turn skyblock into mineverse" since the number of minigame will stay the same
    I'm confused. I suggested adding a minigame, then you say we don't want to turn skyblock into mineverse. Then you say add a minigame (spleef), which contradicts your other statement

13. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    I may of read your minigame (single) as plural xD, my bad

14. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Neutral. Mob Arena is supposed to be long because at the end you get a player head of your skin (and others as well if they are still alive :p) and heads are incredibly rare. Reducing the time it takes to complete it or anything relating to changing it would decrease the value of heads. I like the skywars idea though, although hardly anyone plays that :(

15. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Yes, the mob arena is hard because it has more waves. That does not mean the mob arena will be easier if we reduce the number of waves. Like we could reduce the number of potions and golden apples each kit has, make the bosses and eaves eaves harder, and make upgrade waves less common, among other ideas to make the arena as hard as it is now.

16. milcerine

milcerine Well-Known Member

I'm neutral on this. I do think that mob arena lasts a long time. It's the reason I don't play it on my own, only when I'm FaceTiming with my boyfriend and he wants to play. It's not something I find very entertaining for very long. I believe part of the reason it takes so long is because a lot of people view the arena the way that I do and there are not a lot of people in every round. However, I think there are people who do enjoy it anyway and the length adds difficulty. I think it is fine how it is, though I would not be opposed to some of the suggestions given here. Less waves with stronger mobs/weaker kits would be fine by me.

17. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Actually, when the arena is full of people, most people seem to be fighting the mobs, yet it still takes a long time to finish. In my opinion, it's so long because of the sheer amount of waves in the mob arena.

18. milcerine

milcerine Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's a bit faster I think but not by much haha.

19. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    1.) Neutral, it does take a long time to complete but the reward is a nether star or your head, so it is right that it shouldn't be extremely easy to get that.

2.) With skywars, it should be more advertised but transferring rewards from there to skyblock (like heads) will be a bit too OP so there should be a different rewards system on there

3.) Neutral. A new minigame would be nice but we have to keep in mind lag and also that this is a skyblock server, not a minigame one.

20. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Neutral. I understand that the mob arena needs some attention, but on the whole - to get rewards you have to earn them. If MA was too short, it would mean heads and netherstars would be far more common.

In regards to the skywars suggestion, perhaps if the game mode is advertised and gets a better player base, after 10-15 rounds where you’ve won it gives you your player head before resetting the tally to start again.