Closed Sheldon's Semi-Permanent Sunday Giveaway Thread

Discussion in 'Giveaways & Competitions Archive' started by Awesomolocity, Apr 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    Introduction

Hi there! I'm Sheldon. I own / operate the /visit skyblockstore island on /economy. The island has a profit shop, selling inventories of pumpkins for $500 - and they can then be sold to /warp shop for $2050. As far as I'm aware, that's one of the better prices on the server for a farm of this size. There are two public AFK spots, each one represents up to 40% of the farm's total haul, (as long as the respective sides of the profit shop are full). And there is a semi-private spot that I've designed for the homies that represents 20% of the farm's total haul. Any overflow from those 3 spots gets send on to the fourth and final spot - which is where SkyblockStore spends his time AFK.

The farm and island design has been fully finished for about two weeks now. I've started doing a thing I like to call "Selfish Saturdays" - a day where I close the public AFK spots. The profit shop will still be open like normal, but any excess pumpkins are all mine. If nobdoy uses the shop, and the server TPS is relatively high, that's somewhere around $1,300,000 - $1,400,000 skybucks for that day. However, in tandem with this, I wanted to give something back to the community - and here's what I came up with...​

Selfless Sundays

Selfless Sundays will be a weekly giveaway. A day where someone completely random will be able to AFK at my farm for a 24 hour period. Now I will say - I cannot guarantee the full $1,300,000 - $1,400,000. If the profit shop is getting a lot of usage, your haul will be less than that. However, at minimum, you'll be getting 20% of the farm's power the entire time you're AFK - a value of approximately $250,000 - $275,000. (And again - a theoretical max of around $1,400,000)

Entry

Entry is very simple. The only thing you need to do is make a post in this thread OR let me know in game that you wish to enter:​

• Post your username
      • (or the username of the account you will AFK on)
    • Confirm you already have an AFK /sell all script setup.
      • I don't need to know the details of your AFK set up, I just don't want to have to train someone on this process the day they're supposed to redeem their prize.
    • Specify whether you want to be entered each week, or just the current week.
      • I will maintain a list of recurring entrants and check /seen each week. If you haven't been on for 7+ days by the time of the winner selection, you'll be ineligible to win for that week.
    • Repeat entries and winners are allowed. Again, this will be an ongoing weekly giveaway so there will be plenty of opportunity to win.
      • (Repeat entries meaning you can enter each week. You can't enter multiple times in the same week)

EXAMPLE ENTRY

Code:
    [b]Username:[/b] Awesomolocity
    [b]AFK Script Setup:[/b] Yes
    [b]Enter me each week:[/b] Yes

Selection & Details

• Each entry is valid for the week that they're posted.
      • For the purpose of this giveaway, a week "ends" at Friday 5:59 PM (PST). If you post after that time, you'll be entered for the following week.
    • I will list the usernames in the order that they were posted, and use a random number generator to select 1 user for that week.
      • Each weekly winner will be chosen at Friday, 6:00 PM (PST)
      • I'll /mail you on /economy if you've won, so keep an eye out.
    • The time you'll be allowed to AFK is from Sunday, 4:00 AM (PST) until Monday, 3:59 (PST).
      • Basically from server reboot on Sunday until the server reboot on Monday.
    • People who are banned from my island are ineligible to enter / win the competition.

Changelog

• 5/1/2022 - Changed selection day from Saturday to Friday. Giving people 10 hours notice is a little wack of me LOL
    • 5/1/2022 - Allowing recurring entries rather than requiring people to post each week to be eligible to win.
    • 5/1/2022 - Allowing users to enter in game by simply telling me. MAKE SURE you either /mail me or get acknowledgement of your entry. I can be AFK a lot :p

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  2. Surv

Surv Experienced Member

Such a thoughtful thing you're doing, Sheldon! :D

3. Awesomolocity

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    Thanks bro! :’D Wanted to spread some love on eco, ya know?

4. Boarder

Boarder Active Member

IGN:
    Boarder02
    Awesome giving smth back to the community :heart:

5. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    dedication. i wouldn't be able to keep up with that. ill pass tho since im a skyblock player but good luck to everyone else.

6. Awesomolocity

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    I figure I can shut it down if I ever get bored. :D

7. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    i could afk it for a bit on twxntyonepilots or my alt

8. Awesomolocity

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    Alright well it's 6:02 PM, so it's time for the first winner selection! Um...from what it looks like, we have exactly one entry.
    And I don't need a random number generator to tell me that a random number between 1 and 1 is...1. So congrats to trin - the first winner! :p I'll have you added to the private afk spot after the server reboot! :)

9. JU K

JU K New Member

IGN:
    xXInfinityPlayXx
    Asunaisbozz, script is setted up :D

10. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Awesome idea for a giveaway!

Sadly I will not be able to enter as I do not have a script nor do I have to need to utilize the farm.

11. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    Thank you Sheldon, this is wonderful for the community.

This would benefit me greatly except for that I don't play economy, don't know how to set up a script and am LAZY! GOD BLESS AMERICA :D:D:D:D:D:D

12. minifigman

minifigman Member

IGN:
    minifigman
    My farm sucks so ig I’ll enter for next weekend?

minifigmanalt1

I just use /auto advert with the /sell all command. Since I am no good with doing actual computer stuff

13. Memez4dayzz

Memez4dayzz Member

IGN:
    Memez4dayzz
    MemezAlt
    /sell all Yes

14. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    If I win do I get a unban?

15. Awesomolocity

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    Honestly I was thinking about this last night and figured I'd cross that bridge when / if anyone I have island banned decided to enter the competition. It's like you read my mind LOL

But it's legitimately a good question. I'm gonna have to say no - someone who is island banned is ineligible to enter / win the competition.

16. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    Username: MagikIsAMush
    AFK Script Setup: Yes

17. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Re entering

18. xphstos37

xphstos37 Experienced Member

Lubomirr!

Just taught him the ropes, he’s all set up!

19. Apollo123

Apollo123 Active Member

Apollo123
    /sell all for dayz

20. Awesomolocity

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    Week 2 has concluded! :D

The entries (in order) are:
    1. Asunaisbozz
    2. minifigmanalt1
    3. memezalt
    4. MagikIsAMush
    5. twxntyonepilots
    6. Lubomirr
    7. xphstos37
    8. Apollo123
    And random number generator says...Memezalt has won! :D GG Memez!
    upload_2022-4-16_18-5-10.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.