Skyblock /setprefix cooldown wayyy too much

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Gamzee24, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I have no idea why the /setprefix cooldown is 12 hours, but that is insanely too much. It's like having /repair as a 20 minute cooldown. I honestly suggest that it gets a 20 minute cooldown cause there's no way that me or anyone that plays this server is gonna wait over 1 hour just for a prefix change.

Please give this a support rating if you agree. Thanks for reading and have a good day.

• Support Support x 10
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    I believe this cooldown is significantly higher than others to prevent constant changing and abuse of it. I do think that 12 hours is a bit excessive however, I would rather it be reduced to a few hours or so, I’m neutral on the idea of 20 minutes but a few hours sounds fair :happy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

I understand why they would do a cooldown on it but to me it does not really make sense to put a cooldown on the setprefix when the nick can be changed whenever

4. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I see where your mind is at and I understand what you're tryna say, but personally, I wouldn't wait for hours just for a command. I understand the use of 1 hour but more than that is even still excessive. Like as humans, we'll probably make a mistake with the use of the command like I did, which is why I'm here. But we humans will probably forget this over time and say the 12 hours is up, we'll probably forget that we wanted to change it again, and we'll just remember about it way later on than that, like if we log on the next day after yesterday changing our prefix and making a mistake, we'll probably forget that you wanted to change it the day after. And we'll forget that the cooldown is over. Hard to explain but I hope it make sense.

Long story short, if not 20 minutes, I'd like 30 m, if not I'll take an hour. There's no way I'd be happy waiting longer than an hour.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  5. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

well i think instead of waiting you should do other things to occupy the time

6. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

I agree!

I think it would be nice to decrease the cooldown to maybe like an hour or two

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Support,

I can see where the cooldown is coming from. Tho, I feel like it is a bit too long. Also my other reasons have been stated by others already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HeroDJBrine

HeroDJBrine Active Member

IGN:
    HeroDJBrine
    I agree that 12 hours is wayyy to much, maybe reduce it to an hour or two because maybe you got the wrong colours and you're just stuck with that for 12 hours : p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    doing other stuff to occupy the time is literally just multitasking. you're still waiting. and i dont feel like waiting 12 hours thanks.

literally me today cuz i just bought skytitan and i didnt know what the hell i was doing nor did i know there was gonna be a cooldown for it.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  10. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Yes definitely agreed! Cooldown should be shorten a bit, so support.

11. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The cooldown is a historical desion from classic. Back then players could say horrible things then change their prefix and nickname to invalidate our evidence. Now this cannot occur due to our plugins so the cooldown makes no actual sense.
    I dont see a need for a cooldown at all. Removing it completely would be fine. I mean who wants to wait 20 minutes to correct a mistake?

So support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    I agree with borahae, i dont think there should be a cooldown whatsoever. You can't really abuse it anymore, you can /nick whenever, so why not /setprefix whenever?