Economy Sell tools

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Oakk, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Hey, since I’m back from a competition with my team I would like to make a suggestion. So that I want to be added is sell tools such as sell hoppers, sell chests and sell hoes.

How would this work?

You have the different sell tools then here is a explanation what all the different tools do:

Sell hoe: This would be a tool that you left click a chest with to sell all the items in the chest. I’ve seen this on some other servers and I think it’s a cool feature to add to the economy server.

Sell chest: This would be a chest where you put in all the stuff you want to sell and it automatically sells all that for you when you quit the chest. This would work if hopper put stuff in the chest as well.

Sell hopper: This would be a special hopper that sells items that goes into the hopper. This would work similar to the sell chest.

How would you get this items?
    This would be a thing you could get in vote crates on buy in shop. I don’t know exactly how you would get this.
    Got any ideas? Let me know down below please.

That’s all I had for now hope you have a good day :) :D

• No Support No Support x 13
    • Support Support x 1
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. W4ste_Gam3r

W4ste_Gam3r Active Member

IGN:
    W4ste_Gam3r
    No. Farms schouldnt be that hard automatic.

3. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    You can sell some tools, but you mean all tools? Support then

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Seems a little confusing. I'm not sure why this would be helpful. No support at the moment

5. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    This is for economy server :)

6. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    This would make farming WAY too easy. I am fine with the current system. You have to remember this is a survival game so there will be some hardships; you do have to work for your money.

7. Rubiy

Rubiy Member

If you were determined enough you could likely keybind a mod that would siphon all chest items and sell your inventory. I don't think it's a good idea, but it would be more considerable if it had a penalty such as reducing the value of the items it sells.

You place a chest and put a sign with [AutoSell] on it, just for example. A cactus falls into a hopper and is dispensed into the chest, and instead of the normal $.18 you get $.10 or something as penalty for the convenience. Increasing farm automation is not a good idea though.

8. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I think this would encourage more afk farming and you practically make money for no effort. This would work too well with cactus, pumpkins and melons. Even things like stone where you can afk mine.

9. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Im finding this quite confusing, can u please explain?

10. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I don't see the point in this though, you could simply just list the tool on auction house. No support

11. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    This isn’t to complicated but let me explain. The sell hoe/wand will sell all items in a chest when you right click the chest with the tool. It will sell it in /shop. The hopper and chest is the same when something gets in there it will automatically sell it in /shop

12. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    No Support, what Krissy said.

13. Asivator

Asivator Active Member

IGN:
    Asivator
    I Agree. Economy was made so people wouldn't rely on automatic farms and instead get better by doing manual labor for the challenge. Autoselling hoppers would make farms too OP and break the game.

14. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    No support, to me there's just not much point in this and it shouldn't be ultra easy to farm, you have to put in some work to earn money.

15. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    As Krissy said, this would encourage the use of afk farms, which cause lag, that is something we certainly do NOT need more of at the moment.

My own point here now, I feel as if this and a lot of the suggestions from users lately are asking for things that push the server even farther away from 'vanilla' style. People want this and that to make grinding money or levels with the intent of being at the top, rather than focusing on improving their islands aesthetics or just enjoying the gamemode for what it is. GUI shops and donators having access to /fly is already a stretch, I think this would just be too much...

16. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    No support, most reasons stated above ^^.
    What's the need to put all items in a chest and right click it when we have /sell all? Sounds confusing and encouraging afk faeming and big (lag creating) farms

17. SamC123

SamC123 New Member

IGN:
    YourStepMom101
    SpaceXo, I just posted the same thing. I don't understand how people don't understand it. It takes 30 seconds to refresh /sell all. That means doing sell all for a full inventory of cactus would earn you less than 50k/hour of grinding. /baltop is 100million. This means you would have to spend over 200 hours of doing /sell all to even have a chance of competing. On top of it all you have to have a farm big enough for that to even be possible. This server is not very competitive so there is no reason not to have things that make the game some what fun. Hundreds of hours of doing /sell all sounds like a massive waste of life.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Only way id suport this a 50% sell hopper/chest auto sells but u only get 50% of the /shop price

19. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    I personally don’t play economy but I’m no supporting for basically the same reason as Krissy

20. badpeteno

badpeteno Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    Sorry, can't support. Too powerful.