Schmoobin's Moderator Application [UPDATED 10/06/2016]

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by TVFilthyFrank, Sep 21, 2016.

1. TVFilthyFrank

TVFilthyFrank Active Member

Your in-game name

My IGN is Schmoobin as many of you know, and you can call me Schmoob if you would like, but please don't call me Moob

Info about me

I am 14 and currently attend a high school in eastern Kansas. I'm a football manager for the high school football team, and its extremely glorious (sarcasm). I have autism but I take behavior pills so it shouldn't be a big problem for me. I love to collect old school video game consoles just because I like them.

What timezone are you in?

Central Time Zone

What country do you live in?

I am proud to live in the United States of America

What languages do you speak?

Currently only English and I am not planning to learn any more languages any time soon.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No

Yes, I enabled it earlier today.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software,
    screenshots, etc)

I am able to take screenshots but I do not have any recording software at the moment. I am looking to get some software soon.

Why do you think you should become a mod?

Friendly
    I am very friendly to any player, no matter the rank, age, sex, race, etc. Friendliness is a very important key in any social situation. I love all the players because they are so nice to one another, and the server community in general is just great, I love it!

Helpful
    I'm very helpful to many of the players online and on the forums. I love to help people who are having a hard time on the server because it teaches them about the server and makes them more experienced with the server and the players around them. I love helping people in general overall.

Funny
    Players will always come up to me and say that I am really funny, so I plan to add some more humor to the server and the forums. I always like to make people laugh every time I get online.

Mature

I am very mature on the server. I don't go out of my way to become popular by shouting obscenities because I know there are younger kids playing the game, and they shouldn't be exposed to that kind of vulgarity.

Trustworthy

You can trust me with just about anything. I will not abuse my powers or be biased against any other player. I am very honest and will tell the truth on any occasion. Honesty is extremely important for anybody in any situation. As the wise Benjamin Franklin once said, "Honesty is the best policy."

Dedication
    I love doing work for people who need it. When somebody needs a task done I will do it. If a staff member does not do the work they're supposed to do, then they shouldn't even be a staff member. It's very important for staff to do whatever they have to do to help others and maintain the server. I've experienced people in real life who are too laid-back and do this or that just so they can hang out with their friends, and that really grinds my gears, it really cringes my hinges, it really confirms my Half-Life 3.

Supporting the server
    I like to support the server as much as I can, and I see this opportunity as being the best way to support the server. I will advertise the server to all of my friends who play Minecraft. I already have introduced a couple of them to the server, and they seemed to enjoy it.

My Philosophy
    I always thought (and still do) that the staff members were like the bones of the server, they held the server together tightly, and that they are very important to the server. It's just that I feel like there's not enough moderators on the server at all times. I've experienced things where there will be a huge problem, lets say somebody hacked and griefed somebody's island. They'll be trying to get a moderators attention and there wont be one on for around 20 mins. I could fill in that time and deal with the problem. I've always wanted to help on servers, no matter the size of the server.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

Since I'm in high school right now and I have after school practices and homework that make up the rest of the day, I'd say I'd only be active on the weekends, unless there's a vacation/break in school, but otherwise I won't be that active. However, I check the forums a few times a day, so it's safe to say I'm more active on the forums than the server. If I am on, I'll probably jump on and off again for 30 mins to an hour or two, it really depends on what I need to do around the house.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

I've been playing Skyblock since February or March of 2016, I can't really remember, I feel like I've been on longer though.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

I've only had false console bans on the server, and I've never been banned on the forums.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

Some Minecraft buddies and I have made a couple of small servers in the past where I was moderator, admin and even Owner in a couple of cases. Since then, those servers are and will forever be terminated due to the fact that the main owner just couldn't keep up with the funds. I thought I was a great staff member then and I think, no, I know I will be an even better staff member now!

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No

Short answer: Yes, yes I do

• No Support No Support x 4
    • Support Support x 3
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Application well written, more details could be given though. Also, there's quite a few grammar errors, I cannot judge your activity as I don't come online as often. But for now base from what I'm seeing, neutral.

Good luck! :))

3. TVFilthyFrank

Thanks! I've never been the best at grammar but I'll work on it.

4. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Grammar is the only issue I see here, other then that, support :)

5. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

You've been quite active on the server for the last 6 months and you seem like a very positive person. Your application is well written and I feel you would make a good addition to the staff team.

Support and good luck

6. Dill Pickle

Dill Pickle Active Member

Neutral.

Personally I don't see you help out too much, but I will leave that out considering I mainly use forums. Maybe help out on the forums more?

I feel like your application needs more more detail, especially on the info about you, (just my opinion) and you seem to be missing the part about what commands you know? Anyways in short, The application needs more depth.

You do need some recording software, screenshots aren't just enough.

Some grammar mistakes, and little bit informal. "Sooooo". The application feels a bit dead, prehaps add some underlining and with the improved detail Which I previously stated, use paragraphs within the application!

Now to the characteristics you say you have, I feel like some are uneeded. For example, why don't you change "funny" to "mature". I wouldn't want a boring and dull mod, but I don't feel like being funny is a personality you need to be promoted. Also another thing I will point out is that you need more characteristics! Definitely need to add more. (This ties with more detail!)

Other than that it's a good application, and I feel like you have potential. As soon as my criticism has been read and used to make yourself and the application much better towards the promotion, I won't hesitate to support.

~ Pickle

PS: You being banned / was banned on other servers doesn't need to be said! As long as you have changed from that. :)

7. TVFilthyFrank

Thank you for your responses, I will work on that!

8. SnappingCobra

SnappingCobra Member

Maybe try to be more active in game but other than that support!

Good Luck :)

9. SnappingCobra

SnappingCobra Member

But I know that it's hard having extra time for stuff in high school!

10. vfhuuuuu

vfhuuuuu Active Member

90% Support. Your app is good and you are helpful, but I think you should try to be on a bit more.

11. TVFilthyFrank

I would like to be on more, but it's really hard to since I'm in high school and I have to go to all of the football games and homework and etc. It's a pain in the neck, but I'll try to cram in as much Skyblock time as possible!

12. TVFilthyFrank

Thank you!

13. Benni | livestifi

Benni | livestifi Member

/Currently/
    No support

• Get active member

14. TVFilthyFrank

I just updated it :)

15. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    Application isn't that great. no support and I do believe that you do not help out as much as a mod would. sorry

16. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    Also, helping isn't only in-game. Adding on to Dill Pickle moderation also needs to be on forums

17. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

50% Support.
    I agree with BrokenSoapx. Also, try to be a bit more active.
    Good luck

18. TVFilthyFrank

Thank you for your responses, I try very hard to be online but there's just not as much time as there was last year because of high school, extracurricular activities and homework.

19. LegoCollecter14

LegoCollecter14 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    LegoCollecter14
    Hello There I Will Be Reviewing Your App.
    [​IMG]
    Give Me A Bit

20. LegoCollecter14

LegoCollecter14 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    LegoCollecter14
    I Need To Learn Restraint... Anyways On To The Review.