OCE Sarahlol567's Org Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Miner_Menace, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miner_Menace

Miner_Menace Well-Known Member

Hello :)

First of all thank you for taking the time to reading my application. It means a lot to me.

My name is Sarah, I am 17 years old and I live in a country town in northern Western Australia. I am currently attending boarding school and am entering my final year this year. I am also working part time as a detailer for a car rental company and before that I worked in customer service at a supermarket in my home town. When I leave school I want to attend university and study Early Learning Education so that I can become a teacher.

Enough about me. On with the application!

In Game Name:

Sarahlol567 (but my nickname is Sarah.)

17 Years old as of November 2015

Time Zone:

AWST – UTC+08:00 (Western Australia)

Languages:

I speak fluent English, some Japanese phrases (due to a year of taking compulsory language class at school) and a little German. (But not fluent)

Banned?

I have been banned once before. I am not going to make excuses for what I did because it was my fault and therefore accept full responsibility. (That is why I didn’t appeal.) It was a 2 day ban and I can officially say I have learnt my lesson.

Why do you think you should be moderator?

This is the 2nd moderator application that I have posted in the past year that I have been playing skyblock.org. The first one I posted was within a month of me joining the server and I realize that I really wasn’t ready for the responsibility of Moderator. Over the past year I have grown so much as both a person and a Minecraft player. I have also seen many different types of players and Mods that I have been able to learn from. (e.g. What’s right and wrong, the most effective way to help people and the best way to deal with those stubborn players who only wish to cause trouble.)

As I have had 2 jobs in real life, I believe I have gained valuable skills that would be useful for this position. (Examples provided in the qualifications section.) I think that because of this, I am ready to take on a more active role and more responsibility on this server.

My goal for if I ever become Mod is to not abuse the power, to be as fair as I can to players (e.g. giving fair amount of warnings and being as informative as I can.) I have seen a few mods come and go who weren’t very tolerant and patient and I that is not the kind of mod I want to be.

I also believe that this server needs more moderaters who are active in this time slot. A lot of the time when I am on, there are no mods online (apart from Kira who is a new mod.)

Qualifications:

Maturity:

I have always been told I am extremely mature for my age, even when I was younger. I believe I reflect this maturity in my daily activities, my work and of course, Skyblock.

Positive:

I am a generally positive person. I love to smile and I like making other people happy. I live with 100 different girls for boarding school so staying positive really helps with the general mood and the homesickness.

Focused:

Being in my final year of school required a great deal of focus. Also, I do a great deal of office work for my job such as administration which also requires focus.

Fair:

I believe strongly in giving people fair warning and opportunity to correct their wrongs before enforcing punishment.

Helpful:

I love helping people by answering questions, righting any wrongs and helping people with their islands too.

Active:

I like to be as active as I can, when I can. To me, being active isn’t just about being online, but also about being available to chat and to help.

Patient:

I know that a huge part of being mod and even being a part of this server is patience. I know that I have this. I worked in customer service for 3 years and I am planning to become a teacher. Both requires a huge amount of patience.

Reliable:

Many people have relied on me in real life with work and with school. My employers have relied on me to be able to work without supervision and to do the right thing. People at school have relied on me for help and for group assignments.

Pro-Active:

When I see something that needs done, I like to do it without needing to be told. I believe this is a quality skill in any person.

Other Qualifications:

- Decent player

- Honest

- Kind

- Trustworthy

How long can you be active on the server every day?

School Holidays:

I work from 6am until 1pm so I am generally online before and after that time.

During school term:

Due to boarding school, I am often unable to access Minecraft but I can easily access Minechat and forums for at least 3-6 hours a day. (more on weekends)

Past Experience:

I have no Moderator experience per say but I have helped a few small time servers build and get started.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you again for taking the time to read my application. Please let me know if there is anything I can improve on or can change.

Have a nice day :)

2. Kira_

Kira_ Experienced Member

Yesyesyes support x)

3. Quantieee

Quantieee Well-Known Member

Love You Application!
    Support!

4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Partial support.

I see you on but rarely talk in chat and help

5. Dreamintruder

Dreamintruder New Member

Full support!

Was new on this server 1 week ago, and you helped me 4 days straight to learn me how the game works. Thank a lot and you have my support!

6. CypriotMerks

CypriotMerks Experienced Member

Welcome to the team.

7. Nocturnish

Nocturnish Senior Member

Congrats! :>

8. Zero Katsumi

Zero Katsumi Lost Neko Premium

IGN:
    ZeroKatsumi
    Congraz =^.^=

9. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Gratz!!

10. Kitkattt

Kitkattt Experienced Member

Congrats!

11. Fintan238

Fintan238 Experienced Member

You got the record for quickest promotion gg.

12. Fintan238

Fintan238 Experienced Member

Lock and move to accepted apps :)

13. Miner_Menace

Miner_Menace Well-Known Member

Thread Locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.