Withdrawn Sam's Staff Re-Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Sam, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam

Sam Senior Member

If you are reading this, thank you for taking the time to read my application! It means a lot to me and I look forward to any feedback you have for me! I was a moderator on this server back in 2016 and resigned for personal reasons at the time. I took a break after my resignation and came back some in 2017 and again in 2018. Since 2018 I haven't been playing on the server until recently a lot of things changed in my life (some caused by the virus and quarantine, some not) and found a place once again in this community. I've always loved to help people and the position of moderator is the best one to do that in. Without further ado, let's get into the actual application!

Your in-game name:
    Fight4Glory, though I am always nicknamed as Sam. As mentioned below I am not currently nicknamed as Sam because of a problem in game and I am nicknames as S4m for now.

What country do you live in?
    I live in the United States

What languages do you speak?
    I speak English fluently and can hold conversations decently in Spanish and in German

Do you have 2FA enabled?
    I do

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
    I do

Why do you think you should become a staff member?
    I believe I should become a staff member because

1. I have the maturity and experience of being a part of this community on and off since 2012 as well as the experience as a moderator in 2016. This experience allows me to recognize people's attitudes and outlooks on the server because I've seen a lot of different ways people can view the server over my time on here. This allows me to be able to help people on whatever level they need.

2. I have the following qualities that are very helpful to a moderator
    - Helpful: I know the in and outs of the server and know how to help people in many different ways. Helping people makes me very happy and I love watching someone that I help with something on the server turn around and help a friend later on down the road.
    - Friendly and Professional: I always do my best to approach people as friendly as I possibly can. If you ever catch me not being friendly to someone, it is likely because they are my friend and I do so in a joking manner and they know my disposition to them is with good intentions. If you believe I am not being friendly to someone and it's a problem, please call me out on it! Talking about my interactions with people on the server, I have the experience of switching from joking around with friends to dealing with serious situations from moderating previously.
    - Patient: I am very patient with people who need help and I am very willing to wait for people to take the time to type things out, write out an explanation or simply complete a task. People shouldn't have a harder time with the staff team simply because they approach things slower.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    I do my best to play at least 1 hour every day, though I usually average 2-3 and sometimes more. I am usually on at weird times for my timezone as I stay up late into the night and will get on at random points during the day. I also am new-ish to the server's discord as when I was a mod, Teamspeak was what we used. I am doing my best to be active there like I am in game.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    I've been playing since 2012, but I joined the forums in 2015.

Have you ever been banned in the past?
    Yes, twice. The first time was when in 2015 and I didn't protect my account well and let a friend on it who stole people's items. The second time was by request in 2017.

Do you have any previous moderation experience?
    I was a moderator here in 2016

Do you meet all the requirements for staff?
    I do

Thank you for reading my application! If you don't support me, let me know why! I always want to improve who I am as a person and the way people view me.

• Support Support x 17
    • Neutral Neutral x 5
    • No Support No Support x 2
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  2. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    Full support, saying you've been staff before on the server you have the experience, I feel like your a great person to moderate and would be great staff. You have all the traits and playtime could use a tiny bit more time but is also good.

3. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support! I would love to see you back on the staff team! Kinda missed ya ngl

4. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    I think I am going to start out with a neutral, leaning towards support, as I don't really know you too well, but you have always been very nice, and this should become a support within the next couple of days as I look out for you more in-game. Good luck!

5. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Thank you three for the feedback and thank you to everyone who left a rating on the post as well! I hope to maintain your support as well as convince you all that I actually deserve it

6. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    I don't think I have ever seen you online, most likely due to timezones, however your application seems decent and other experienced players are supporting you,
    I'll go neutral but I expect I shall change to support soon while I am more active. :D Good Luck

7. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I don’t see you online, as Kai said probably because Time Zones. I’m going to for neutral because I’ve never seen you help out but you obviously are good and which is why you were a moderator. Your application is simple and decent but not fully thorough. I don’t see anything unique in your application than any of the many recent applicants, just that you were a moderator which is a very big pro. Well, best regards and good luck!

8. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Neutral, don't see you online that much but seeing as you're ex-staff, I think you'd fit the role quite well!

9. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    I don’t think I ever see you online but neutral.

10. Sam

Sam Senior Member

These are all fair points, I play at weird times and may not always see people, so you're very valid in saying you may not have seen me! I look forward to seeing all three of you in game soon

11. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Too soon - stay a bit longer and be a bit more active :p

Neutral for now

12. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Fair criticism of course!

Also sorry for any inactivity over the past couple days - I just graduated from high school so the past couple days have been very busy for me. Look forward to seeing all of you in game!

13. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Small update! Sorry for the double post but I thought I should tell you all this piece of information! My usual /nick, Sam, is currently broken! People were not able to message me and mods are helping me figure it out! Until then my nick will be something else, but my ign will remain Fight4Glory

14. Souly0622

Souly0622 Moderator Moderator

You were a great staff member back then, and you’d be a good one now. Good luck :)

15. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Thank you for the kind words

Small update on the name issue, I am currently going by S4m in game and I am currently working with a moderator and noobcrew to hopefully fix the issue soon!

16. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Bumping thread

Noobcrew wasn't able to force the nick Sam upon me, so now the developers are looking into it! Still going by S4m until then in game

17. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Is there any other nick you can use like Sammy?

18. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    It was 'Samuel' a little bit ago, but I think Fight wouldn't be bad :)

19. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Oh sorry to hear that, mind me asking what the issue is with the nickname? Is it deemed “inappropriate” by the filter or something?
    Apologies for taking it off topic here on the application. I will remain neutral, but leaning towards support. Good luck!

20. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Annotation 2020-05-29 164128.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.