Denied [Riink] Griefing of 288 Clay [Devannn_] [Denied]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Kirin, Jul 2, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirin

Kirin Member

IGN:
    Kirin
    So before I submit a proper appeal, this was never communicated to me that the rules made exceptions for people. Because unlike a lot of people, I actually read the rules and commonly abide by them whenever I rarely play on the server. I got banned for taking 288 clay from a player who trusted me on their island. But the rules clearly state that:

• "Griefing:
    Griefing is not allowed, however with most reported cases we ask that co-op members solve the issue between themselves. Changing island settings, trusting, and co-oping players is done at your own risk."

Apart from that, the player who reported me requested specifically the Staff who had been handing the issue with her, SHOULD NOT handle her report so that it would be in her favor. I'm not meaning to come across as rude, or tell the staff what the rules are, but at least change the rules if you aren't gonna specify.
    1. Server/platform (Skyblock )
    2. In-game name: Riink
    3. Full exact Ban Message: Griefing of 288 Clay [PrideMonth]
    4. Did you read the rules ? Yes, multiple times to make sure that what I was doing was not breaking the rules.
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned? To be blunt, I believe there is some biased favoritism, but if you want a decent answer I think it's because I took stuff from a player.
    6. Was this an incorrect ban? I believe so but it's my word over a staff-Favorited player. I think that when the rules say "At your own risk" It should mean at your own risk.
    7. Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? Nope.
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned? Because not only is this entire thing dramatic with the said player spreading drama about it whenever they can, I also offered to give it back before the drama was spread which really didn't make me want to give it back so I didn't and now I'm temp-banned for it.
    oh and to have the person who's been dealing with the entire situation (Michael) excluded from your report so that the outcome will benefit you is kinda messed up tbh. Thanks for your response in advance.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  2. Kirin

Kirin Member

IGN:
    Kirin
    Oh and to add it, I'm not saying this to somehow evade the fact that I did take the clay, but every single screenshot that was sent in with the report against me was edited, I've been told time and time again that edited pictures are a no-go.

3. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Hey, Kirin!
    Apologies for the late reply, I've been getting information from Michael + Boss to fill me in on the details.

Just because Trin has trusted you does not give you the right to take what is not yours. You took some clay without Trins permission, which is punishable.

The rule you are referring to is there as our way of encouraging users to be accountable for their own items, however the fact that you still took these items is unacceptable. Also, 'co-op' refers to players in a coop - the rule is directly speaking to people in a coop and how they should be cautious when cooping others.

Just to add, players are treated fairly and equally, we do not let players who may be a friend get away with anything. If a player needs to be punished, they will be punished, there are no exceptions for certain people.

If you are willing to cooperate with me throughout this appeal, I will consider possibly lowering your ban or unbanning you completely - it is entirely up to you.

I'd like you to have a go at re-writing the question ''Why do you think you should be unbanned?'' as to me, you do not seem to be sympathetic, even if there was drama between you and Trin, if you really wanted to be unbanned, you would've shown a bit more sympathy and willingness when appealing.

4. Kirin

Kirin Member

IGN:
    Kirin
    It's a two day ban, I merely made the appeal to bring attention to the matter. I'm not going to be sympathetic when Trin has twisted the situation to much more than it is. I have no problem admitting that I did indeed take the clay. And it is still in a chest on my island waiting to be returned to her.

For reference: The rule is more than a "Co-op suggestion" as it also states that changing island settings or trusting is also at your own risk. Please edit the rules to suggest so.

I tried to offer her the 288 clay before the drama was spread to a point where I can't even log in and enjoy the game because her friends insult me when I do. So I haven't been online to give it to her. I'm not going to be sympathetic or apologetic towards Trin in any matter for that regard. At this point I don't really care about a 20 hour ban. If you guys do end up giving her some stuff from my island to make up for the clay, please refer to the blue shulker next to my spawn as it has all 288!

Thanks! You can close this.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  5. Devannn_

IGN:
    Devannn_
    I understand. The clay has already been returned. I won't say no more.
    I will now close this thread on request.

6. Devannn_

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.