Reorganize Forums

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by Monster_Sparklez, Jul 20, 2019.

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)

1. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparklez
    Hello so I thought about making this as a players perspective to what I think would be best for the layout of forums. This is just a suggestion for a way to clean up forums a bit more I know the staff team is already starting to reorganize some threads of important information. I think if we come up with a layout as players and users of the forums it can be more efficient and user friendly for the people who use forums.
    This is more of a suggestion / discussion thread for players to express their opinions on the layout.

This is the current layout of the Forums. The next one is what I and hopefully others feel like from a player perspective should be the layout again this is just a suggestion please leave any feed back in the comments or things you would like to change about the layout

Things Changed
    -Moved news & announcements archive to Archives sections
    -Moved Other Games into Off-Topic
    -Rearranged Support Section
    -Moved Ban Appeal Archive from Ban Appeals to Archives

Again Please keep and open mind and leave all feedback on things you would prefer changed / moved around to make the forums more user friendly and efficient for players to use

• No Support No Support x 1
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  2. trin

trin beamer boy Premium

IGN:
    twxntyonepilots
    I think guides & how to should stay in the original place.

But, as you said on your other suggestion, the devs 'has more important stuff to do'.

3. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Moderator Staff Member

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    This might just be my opinion, but it makes sense to me to have the news and announcements archive with the actual section, because it's easier for players to see past updates/announcements (if that makes sense).
    I disagree with this one, guides and how to belongs in the support section in my opinion.
    This is probably about right. The other games section isn't used too much so it's not a massive deal.
    I don't really see much point in this, personally. I don't think it makes much difference which order the specific sections are in.
    My thoughts on this one are the same as the first one (about the news and announcements archive). To me, it just makes sense to keep it where it is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. LiamFell

LiamFell Couch Potato

IGN:
    LiamFell
    Personally, I think that the forums at the moment are manageable and the majority of people who are already on the forums know their way around it, this to me is a good idea but quite useless. It would just cause people getting lost around the forums as things are getting muddled around.

The moderators already know their way though the forums and know how to work them 100% and moving stuff around just isn’t what we need.

Once again, this is a great suggestion but useless to moderators as well as players.

5. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparklez
    I'v moved it back, I had to really think about it moving it because to me I think it just feels out of place for me.

I thought about leaving it where it was in the first place I just thought if we are going to have an archive section why not just put every archive there. I'll see what other people think about it then maybe we can move it

I wanted to move re arrange it to make it just easier to see. also I wanted the archive section to match the other section and what I mean is if we have News and announcements first we would have it first in the archives and then it would follow it down just to make it easier for players to understand.
    I don't necessarily think this would be useless to all players. yeah its pretty easy for us experienced players to get around but I just really want it to be more user friendly easier to access areas and be able to get to where you want to be on the forums. I don't think it would get people lost around forums all that would be changed is move other games into off topic this is something that makes sense because other games is an off topic and doesn't have nothing to do with the server and we just moved the archives to make it easier and rearranged a section, all of this wouldn't confuse players as it would only simply the forums more and make it easier to use.

6. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Active Member

I like it the way it is.

7. Krissy

Krissy Winter Bear Staff Member Premium

I want each section to have its own archives, not all archives in one spot.
    Like how ban appeal archives is in its own ban appeal section.

The layout is alright now, just sick of the archives section.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Frxxn

Frxxn Twenty One Pilots Premium

IGN:
    Frxxn
    Yes, yes, yes. THIS.
    I think mineverse uses this and I just love it. For example, how the Staff Applications Archive are inside the Staff Applications folder.

9. Krissy

Krissy Winter Bear Staff Member Premium

Mineverse was the reason we have this awful archives section. If they changed back I can see why.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. henry6927_

henry6927_ Member

IGN:
    Henry6927
    Support, I think there is definitely places that could be changed to make it more organized and appealing.

11. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

I don't think this is necessary. Some of the minor changes, yes, but overall not needed.

• Agree Agree x 1

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)