Skyblock Remove the ore generator from Skyblocks

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Boltgreywing, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Boltgreywing

Boltgreywing Member

One of the biggest problems I noticed with the island is the ore generators. Sometimes you get iron, blueore, coal, redstone and others. What if that functionality was completely removed from the generator and all you got was cobblestone? This would encourage the use of these items to be put into the nether or possibly the end. I feel the ore generator at times makes things a bit too easy.

I also like to see the elytra be a end only item instead of being in shop. I would like to fight the end dragon as I feel it is quite the challenge and it be interesting to see how it plays out with multiple players. Maybe throw in a couple of phantoms to give the place a bit more of a challenge. Phantoms were originally end and nether mobs and as such I think they would do quite well there.

Iron and emerald would only be found in the nether itself except for the bucket. As to the others I leave that for others to decide.
    So what you guys think?

• No Support No Support x 7
    • Support Support x 1
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No support I think it’s fine the way it is with ores it’s not too easy as the rates have been modified we already have quarts in the nether adding ores will modify it too much

If we make elytra end only where people can fly hack and easily take them all what we going to reset the end like the nether and ruin the value of elytra? Also elytra are a source of income from the shop

3. Boltgreywing

Boltgreywing Member

Is there a way to place a cap that says player is only allowed x amount of elytra? The problem is there is no challenge to sit mining all day at a generator. Its a bit on the dull side. Sure there is quartz in the nether but its the only resource other than glowstone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    They had generators without ores before, it was a nice addition and since the rates are so low I really don't see why it's a bad thing. Also, if people want to mine at their generator all day, that is up to them, nobody tells you that you should too.
    Elytra is a nice extra people can buy if they want to, maybe not everyone will be able to pay with irl money, but you can always save up in game items and get someone to buy it for you. For now it's mainly used in the nether, but even there you don't need an elytra to get by.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    No support, the rates are already low enough.

6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Without the chance for non donors to get ores in generators the server skews too far into pay to win territory; more than it is now. It still would take a lot of mining to get many ores, but at least there is some chance.

Elytra is an item that people pay real money for generally (by buying keys or from the store) and I think it is a good thing. While it would be nice for it to be accessible in game because people tend to always lose elytra since it is a forgotten item on their backs the fact it is supposed to be a valuable may upset a large majority. As long as people trade their elytras, people can try buy.

I think challenges are great. Some items should be harder to obtain than others. But we need to consider that not every player is a skyblock pro and they need a way to get resources in order to gain money. So making it easier may help players stay.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. iQuestionLogic

iQuestionLogic Active Member Premium

IGN:
    iQuestionLogic
    No Support. Cobble gen ore spawn rates are already very low, don’t think it makes it ’too easy’.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    I see your point, but the ore generation is very useful for newer players and those who want to progress without access to any kits.

As for the end and elytras, I’m not sure it would fit that well. The only way you could do it legit is by disabling /God, and I’m not sure a lot of players would be willing to take the risk of losing their items.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    End would only be good without the dragon. But adding dragons and elytras to the end would be pointless. It would just make the server economy go down and would also create extra un-needed lag.

10. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    No support, it's low enough to keep the prices down in a nice way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Boltgreywing

Boltgreywing Member

So removing it completely is a bad idea. What about if there was an island that had the ore generator disabled as an additional challenge instead for every skyblock out there? For example Islands A, B, C, D, E, … would have it enabled and a2, b2, c2, d2, e3, … would have the generator disabled.

This way both sets exist for me I prefer exploring and getting my items through a challenge then just getting them too easily. Still for beginners its important to have that mechanism for them. Its just that players especially megaman players in general hate grinding for resources as it dependent on the rng engine. Grinding for resources is one of the things players in general tend to hate doing for long periods of time. Having both types is a good idea and I can see that now.

How does one balance the game between the really skilled and the really beginner players?

12. BostonNerdism

BostonNerdism Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    they just added that last year thats why there is a low drop chance of getting those ores

13. Lobh

Lobh Active Member

IGN:
    Lobh
    Support to get rid of the ore generators. I feel there are a lot of players that will afk at multiple stone farms on multiple accounts all day everyday.

I feel ores aren’t rare anymore:

Iron 3:1
    Redstone 256:1
    Lapis 32-64:1
    Gold 10-15 blocks:1

I guess the hole idea of skyblock was so that these items are rare. I feel if we was to discontinue the ore generation it would help the player economy settle and calm.

14. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast

tbh iron is growing in price with many selling for 2:5
    but rn im Neutral but leaning to no support cuz I haven't noticed any real problem with this, and the new cobble/stone afk mining blocker is practically stopping all afk stone and cobblestone farms. And the ore spawn is already really rare as well so I don't see much of a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Btw there’s a new rule making it bannable afk mining :)

16. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    A big no support,

we still want ore generators but with the elytra in the end idea, No.

And Making emeralds in the nether would end like diamonds aswell. (I have over 64+ emerald blocks btw.)

17. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    is there really a new rule for no afk cobble mining? I don't see it on the 'rules' section

18. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
  19. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    did u not see my message it blocks u from mining cobble or stone if the game detects if u are afk and u automatically stop mining until u move again and then u can start mining again. It doesn't ban u or anything.

Edit: I pretty sure it allows you to mine like 10 blocks then stop u from mining

20. NorthYYY

NorthYYY Active Member

I personally would'nt want to see the end in the game because that would make diamonds even worse in economy and they are bad rn. diamonds would probably drop off below grass and dragon heads would become about 0 because how common they are in the end