Remove the limit of people trusted on your island

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by archerexpert777, Apr 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Pretty self-explanatory.

I've had issues where my friends want to be trusted to change something on my island but often I can't trust anymore people and end up untrusting some other people I have already trusted which creates problems with them thinking I untrusted them because I don't like them or I don't trust them.

I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who has had this issue. At the top of my head, the only issue I can think is having the issue of people griefing but honestly, that's really rare unless you trust a ton of randoms. These are people you've known for a while so they are trustworthy.

I've had a few times where I forgot to trust them back and they find out that I untrusted them. I also had to trust the same people a few times in the past for various works on my island. It's kind of annoying to deal with and it creates confusion.

I don't think it should be too hard honestly to implement. Feel free to let me know your thoughts :D

• Support Support x 18
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support I always want to be trusted on simpexpert777s Island so I can grief freely.

3. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    i second this, would love to grief it and the only way is to get this limit removed.
    Support!

4. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Support, it's a reasonably easy change I believe. I don't know why there needs to be a limit on it honestly. If players want to trust x number of people, I think that should be permitted without limitations :D

5. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Support. I'm not exactly sure why there's a limit in the first place but having it removed would be awesome.

6. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Support, the other day i was just about to grief bobas island but boba had to untrust me to trust someone else, this needs to be added.
    But fr there is no reason for this limit to be in place, its only another dumb limitation like piston limit

7. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Im the one who gets to grief his island :)

and yeah Im not sure either. I was kinda surprised no one brought it up till now. Least its out there :p

8. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Why are y’all trying to grief me :pensive:

But support, it’s optional to trust players and I don’t see why there’s a limit! Island owners should be able to trust as many players as they want.

9. HeroDJBrine

HeroDJBrine Active Member

IGN:
    HeroDJBrine
    I didn't know there was a limit, but heck yes it may get annoying, support!

10. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    you got the timbits and bagged milk
    yeah there was. If you trust a lot of people on your island you can tell there is a limit. Not many people do have a lot of trusted people :p

11. matt

matt Well-Known Member Administrator

I increased the limit from 20 to 50, which will be live in the next update. I'm not sure why there is a limit, I took a look back at the commits and it has been there since the early Classic days.

12. HeroDJBrine

HeroDJBrine Active Member

IGN:
    HeroDJBrine
    Yay thank you matt!

13. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Thanks for the update! Is it possible to remove the limit or that isn't possible?

14. Reformations

Reformations Active Member

I didn't even know there was a limit, but support for reasons already stated.

15. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    Imagine trusting 50 randoms on your island and just letting them go crazy

16. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Megan Frez can one of yall close the thread, matt responded

17. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Not yet. I'm still waiting for a response from matt for my question and there are still people who have yet to see this suggestion :p
    Not sure if you're joking but as I have stated earlier if you are trusting a bunch of randoms then it would be your fault if they have griefed your island. The point of this suggestion is to allow your friends (if they are trustworthy) to be trusted on your island so they can do whatever they want

18. matt

matt Well-Known Member Administrator

Yes, it is technically possible to remove the limit. I'm hesitant to do so as it has been in place for many years. Maybe after further staff discussions it can be revisited, and possibly removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.