Remove gold from MA rewards.

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by KhalDrogo, Dec 13, 2016.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Gold is being used by many tradeshops as a way of making prices cheaper for everyone. But this only works for the seller if they sell the gold for grass initially. If players bring their own gold, sellers will get no grass and will end up with a surplus of gold which may see prices rise if sellers stop using gold to effectively break up the price of grass.
    Currently MA rewards players with gold ingots (9 nuggets). Perhaps this can be removed or swapped out for a grass block as people can then buy gold if they wish from /warp grass.

• Support Support x 10
    • No Support No Support x 4
  2. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

No support. Gold nuggets are also purchasable so whether or not you get rid of it people can bypass your shops. You just have to find another way to sell cheap

3. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    It's not likely people will buy gold from /warp grass to spend at Drogo's shops when it is far more convenient to buy from Drogo. After many months of trading this way there has been little fluctuation in the amount of gold Drogo has.
    Drogo challenges anyone to find another way to sell cheap through tradeshops. Drogo doesn't think there is one.
    The use of gold is the only way around the tradeshop restriction of not being able to trade more than a stack of anything.
    Sorry Krissy, Drogo finds your reasoning invalid and suggestion impossible.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  4. Frederic

Frederic Well-Known Member

IGN:
    derf128
    Honestly I experience the same issue as you Drogo but still I prefer the solution suggested by Zephyr as to add a trade at warp grass to swap Gold for Grass. There are more benefits to it.

Trading with Nuggets is actually a Bypass for the bug that prevents trading more than one stack at the time through trade chests. We could indeed use something else, but it must be something that is solely available from warp grass where you get several Units of it for one grass. I believe that's the case for cobbweb, for instance. Would that be another solution, KhalDrogo ?

5. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    I agree with this, giving tradeshop owners somewhere to trade the gold in wouldn't be a bad idea. It works in favour of the shop owners, as there would always be somewhere to sell gold to, as well as for greenies who want grass, as they could trade in the ingots they've won from MA.

6. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

I really don't believe gold prices will drop down. If players have another source of income, that is great! Many players struggle while starting out so earning gold from Mob Arena is a big gift to them. Skyshop offers a buy back of gold, and yes it has been used more often lately. Plus I like having gold nuggets rather than buying more nuggets from /warp trade. The grass I spend there does not go back into the general economy.

If I end up with a surplus of gold, guess who's going to build with more gold blocks ^_^

7. Frederic

IGN:
    derf128
    He suggested to replace it with grass... better income

I don't see Drogo building with Gold, but I might misjudge him :D

Anyhow I think it's up to the shop owner to decide what he'd rather do with his Gold. I have strictly no use for it beside selling for cheap. So we Need either this or Zephyr's Suggestion.

8. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Being able to trade 9 gold nuggets for a grass block at /warp trade would resolve the issue but swapping out the gold ingots won at ma for grass has the same effect and perhaps more simple to implement.
    And if people want they can spend that grass on gold.

Drogo is not trying to remove the ability of obtaining gold from players, more trying to ensure that tradeshops can be used to sell at fair prices.

9. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Being able to trade 9 gold nuggets for a grass block at /warp trade would resolve the issue but swapping out the gold ingots won at ma for grass has the same effect and perhaps more simple to implement.
    And if people want they can spend that grass on gold.

Drogo is not trying to remove the ability of obtaining gold from players, more trying to ensure that tradeshops can be used to sell at fair prices.
    Drogo agrees, they both achieve the exact same thing. It may come down to which is simpler to implement.

10. Cyk753

Eh, gold prices will keep if all the major player shops agree to keep their ATMs at 9 nuggets per grass block. Not suggesting we fix prices or form a gold cartel. Just keep the status quo.

Drogo, I do like your idea for more grass rather than gold ingots.

11. Frederic

IGN:
    derf128
    Such an Agreement is impossible in such a scattered barter economy. If a Major Trader or even several small ones start to sell 10 or more Nuggets for a grass, we will all have to follow if we don't want to get our Shops flooded with foreign Gold more than they are already by now.

12. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    If you try to sell 8 nuggets for 1 grass, people will just buy from warp trade and you get no grass. If you try to sell 10 nuggets for 1 grass, your competition will buy you out. This fixes to price at 9 per grass which makes it ideal for use in tradeshop systems.

13. Frederic

IGN:
    derf128
    If the competition (you) don't want the Gold from MAJ, why would they buy the Gold from the competition?

I suggested cobbweb as an alternative. If I remember right, they are sold at 8 Units per grass, which would be even more convenient because 8 x 8 = 64. They are not available anywhere else, neither in kits, nor in MAJ. They cannot be crafted or farmed. And they are very uncommon among the Players.

On a side note, I already have 2,5 stacks of Gold Ingots from maj :)) You can have 10 for 9 Grass :t

14. Cyk753

I think the situation makes for a great experiment really.

Let's say Skyshop sells 9 gold nuggets for 1 grass, then offers 8 dye for 1 gold nugget.
    Let's say BeeShop sells 10 gold nuggets for 1 grass, then offers 6 dye for 1 gold nugget.

What will happen in the short term?

Customers will always go for the better deals.

Players see the great gold nugget price BeeShop advertised in chat.
    Players see that their gold nugget is worth less at BeeShop than at Skyshop because they'll get less day per nugget.
    Players cry out unfair! (even though they got the gold cheap)
    Players will buy out all the gold from BeeShop and then buy dye from Skyshop.
    BeeShop still has grass blocks earned through their ATM
    Skyshop still believes in selling at fair prices and gets gold nuggets from the dye shop.

What will happen in the long term?

Everyone will eventually learn that BeeShop and some perhaps CeeShop and DeeShop are selling nuggets for cheaper.

Skyshop will eventually learn that BeeShop is selling nuggets for cheaper.
    Skyshop will buy out all the gold from BeeShop (as Drogo rightfully said)
    Skyshop will recycle the gold nuggets into their own ATM while still earning more nuggets from dye sales.
    BeeShop will have 0 gold nuggets in their ATM.
    BeeShop will still have grass blocks from their ATM.
    BeeShop customers have no nuggets from the BeeShop ATM to buy dye with.
    BeeShop will not have made any sales from their dye shop since they sell much less dye per nugget than Skyshop.
    BeeShop will become desperate to replace the gold for their ATM since everyone bought up all the cheap gold too.
    BeeShop, CeeShop, and DeeShop have no more income.
    BeeShop,CeeShop, and DeeShop have infact made a loss on gold nuggets.
    BeeShop, CeeShop, and DeeShop decide to go back to 9 gold nuggets per grass block to compete with Skyshop and Drogo and other shops.

Skyshop makes a minor profit on the sale of gold nuggets originally bought from BeeShop.

Of course this only works because for a long time now everyone absolutely knew 9 gold nuggets = 1 grass thanks to /warp trade. Even better than the tacit agreement you mentioned in the other thread Frederic. But you are right, the price can permanently change if there is a ton ( I literally do mean a ton, maybe 2) of gold flooding the market. But right now there is not that much gold. There is a limit on how many players can join Mob Arena. There are always people who do not make it to the later stages to earn the gold ingots. And those who do spend long sessions at Mob Arena are losing that time to restock their stores or make buildings and so on.

Finally this has already happened with iron ingots. Old price from many months ago used to be 2 iron ingots per grass block. And that price lasted from over a year ago to about maybe 2 months ago. Then a little quickly it went 3, 4, 6, 8 ingots per grass block. Of course all the players bought up the cheap iron, and the price has settled down to 3 iron ingots per grass block.

This trend of new income from Mob Arena is not going to be detrimental to the current economy.

15. Cyk753

Forget cobwebs. they are too delicate. They break into worthless string very easily. Even though they have a fixed price, it's like the fish. Cobwebs just aren't cool.

16. Frederic

IGN:
    derf128
    *rates like* impressive Demonstration Cyk. Sherlock didn't choose you as a Manager out of no reason.

However this only works if Skyshop has the guts to wait it out on the Long term without moving and let his shop being flooded with foreign Gold. He will only do so (if ever) if he is sure about the origin of the Gold that is appearing in his Shop. And Information is not what's the most easy to get in Skyblock economy.

Remember the aim of all Shops is to earn Grass, not Gold, as there is almost no outcome for Gold (except selling it to Cyk so she can build her golden mansion ;) ). So If they are flooded with Gold they will search a way to convert is back to Grass. They cannot do this by buying even more Gold from their competitors. They will sell their Surplus Gold in Bulk for cheap and/or adjust their Price in the ATMs. Both ways, the Price for Gold dropped.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  17. Frederic

IGN:
    derf128
    Yeah they aren't cool, but unlike fish, they aren't available through any other means. And they do brake into string or even nothing only if they are placed and then broken with anything that has not silk touch. However, when I get on, I will look through warp grass for something better.

18. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    I'll tell mojang to add iron or diamond nuggets to help you :t :t Anyways no support

19. Cyk753

IGNSherlock finished building and stocking Skyshop back in November 2015 or so. He made me manager end of July 2016. He still checks in with me every couple weeks. Skyshop is in it for the long term.

Gold inflation is bad for beginning players. Skyshop is all about fair prices and helping out the non donors. I am certain there are other players in the server who understand how important it is to keep things the same as before Mob Arena.

My goal before I got the Skyshop gig was to have a beacon pyramid of gold blocks, not amass grass, which i did achieve XD

Let's just see how the next few days/weeks play out. Speculation is just that after all.

20. mijiperki

mijiperki Well-Known Member

No support, allow tradeshop to go over 64 instead :)