Global Remove Cobble/Stone from Common Key Onwards

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Calidre, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    So as I'm sure everyone is aware, it's the worst thing getting cobblestone when you roll your nice rare key and have all of your money/grass go to waste. I suggest we remove cobblestone (and stone since it's stone for rare keys on survival) from all crate rewards common and upward.

Keep cobblestone in vote keys since it's an easy way for newer players to get it but everything else is just dumb. On economy there's cobble stone in every crate except Legendary, yes even Epic has cobblestone. There's already some bad rewards in the crates but getting cobblestone in a rare or epic key is just insult to injury. I think all cobble/stone should be taken out of the crates except for the vote key since it's the easiest too obtain for new players. There is millions of cobblestone throughout the servers and it's just bad

Economy:

Common - Cobble takes up 15.27% of the rewards (1 every 6.5 keys)
    Rare - Cobble takes up 12.75% of the rewards (1 every 7.8 Keys)
    Epic - Cobble takes up 6.98% of the rewards (1 Every 14.3 Keys)

Survival:
    Common - Cobble takes up 39.16% of the rewards (1 every 2.6 keys)
    Rare - Stone takes up 7% of the rewards (1 every 14.3 Keys)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The common key on skyblock alone is ridiculous, you spend 1 grass to get a common key and there's more than a 1/3 chance to get cobble which u could get more than an Inventory for the price of 1 grass. It doesn't seem like a fair reward if it's above a vote key since there is multiple other rewards worth less than the key itself anyways besides cobble

• Support Support x 6
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    Would you want to replace it with something else?

For example it does say on the skyblock server /buy shop that it is not guaranteed that you will receive a rare item when you open a legendary key. If stone was completely removed all of the other chances of receiving items would be upped, unless you chose to just increase the chance of a particular item/s such as bal on /economy.

I agree getting stone is gutting but its all part of the gambling process

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Take the Rare Key on eco for example.

Including the cobblestone, as of right now there are 19 of 24 potential items that are worth less than the key itself. You take out the 3 cobblestone drops and you're down to still 16 of 21 potential items that are still worth less than the key itself. I would say don't replace it but increase the odds of the rest of the items accordingly. 5 of 24 items in the rare key that are worth more than the key itself on eco right now total to 11.68%, barely above a 1/10 chance to earn something good. Even if cobblestone was removed and all of the odds in the crate for all items were increased accordingly it would still be a gamble since you're still losing more of the time anyways than winning

4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    I wouldn't say remove it completely per say. But maybe lower the chances of getting the cobblestone and lower the amount of it too? If not then I'm up for it to be replaced with something else.

5. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    No support. You aren't meant to make profit from keys. Not having cobble in them would drag up the prices of keys that are already fairly high for the chance you get of profiting.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Without cobble there is still a very low chance of making profit. You could also just remove cobble and not change the odds of the items that are profitable and only increase odds of the non-profitable items in replacement. It isn't necessarily about making the more valuable drops easier to get, it's just getting rid of the cobble that's pointless in the crates. If the odds of the rare ones didn't change, then the key wouldn't change in value much anyways since the profitable items haven't changed their chance of dropping

Besides, key prices are way inflated above what they are actually worth especially rare keys. Getting rid of cobble would probably more so stabilize their prices and actually make them closer to what they're worth because the prices some get sold for are definitely too high for their current rewards

7. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    As Cal has mentioned, key prices are hugely inflated. They will continue to be, if people keep paying this price. Cal and Drogo previously worked together to find the real value Eco keys and the result of this can be seen in this thread.
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

8. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    removing cobble would increase the prices...?
    sure it doesn't change the chance of you profiting but it does change the chance of you earning at least some of your money back

9. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    I mean that`s part of the point, to not lose so much you get a slap in the face with some cobble. Keeping it in vote keys is fine but getting cobble from keys you can`t get daily is a little much when most of the other items you lose a lot on anyways

10. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    I think they should still be in common crates but I think the priority should be removing stone from epic crates. A gigantic waste of money

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HeroDJBrine

HeroDJBrine Active Member

IGN:
    HeroDJBrine
    I agree, but one change, keep cobble/stone on common crates too cuz they're equally as worthless LOL (and common is in the name cuz cobble is common get it hehhebfjhrb), but otherwise full support!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    At a minimum rare and above should not have cobblestone it seems counter intuitive when the key is called a "rare" key
    If it were to be kept for commons I believe the chances need to be lowered greatly for cobblestone in the common key on survival. It seems way too crazy high

13. Reformations

Reformations Active Member

I think the rate should be lowered in common crates, and it should stay in the same in epic keys. Epics keys are incredibly rare to get from rare keys, something like 1/200+. This basically means most epic keys are bought from the store, meaning if you purchase one you are taking the chance that you may get cobble/stone. Just like gambling, you're taking the chance of losing in hopes of winning.

14. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    The idea of getting cobble from an "epic" or "rare" key just doesn't seem right the idea of a rare key should be rarer items where "common" makes sense to have cobble along with vote keys. At the very least rarities should be lowered for receiving cobble in crates but I would prefer removal of some.

You're taking a chance but as I said earlier, even without cobble there's still a very high chance to lose out on profit anyways. Cobble is a "common" item and I don't see why it should be in a key that's considered "rare" when it's the easiest item to obtain possible. 3 Diamonds on eco is an option in a rare crate, diamonds are considered "rare" so it fits the key even though it still is worth less than the key. I just want the rewards to match the key because cobble definitely shouldn't be in a key higher than common

15. badpeteno

badpeteno Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    I think the womp womp of getting cobble is a fun way to be disappointed, but spamming my inv with several stacks in a place where I can't drop it is not fun. Why not a single cobble? Let's be honest, the only places you should put cobble are in redstone components and the void.

16. Evelyn Carr

Evelyn Carr Active Member

IGN:
    evelyntho
    I agree with this. It's a huge let down when you spend 15k on a rare key just to get cobblestone. It really defeats the purpose of buying a rare (+) key just to get cobblestone, which is the least valuable object on the server.