Economy Removal of /back at /warp shop

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by mogsy172, Apr 15, 2021.

1. mogsy172

mogsy172 Active Member

IGN:
    mogsy172
    This change is totally understandable, there were a few players abusing scripts to auto sell there so getting rid of /back is justified

However, I think instead of just getting rid of it and that's it, maybe introduce something positive to the /warp shop, something as simple as a sell all sign, or an increase in cash per stack, atleast then the whole server isn't just punished for the minority who decide that scripting is fine.

Implementing something like this can just make QoL better for everyone on the server and possibly even make the gameplay more enjoyable rather than hitting a sign for hours on end.

• Support Support x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. The__Joker

The__Joker Member

IGN:
    The__Joker
    Pretty much the same as what Choco was requesting previously when Croppers were introduced here:

Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

I do actually think - a sign next to the normal "Sell 64 Items" - for "Sell All In Inventory" would be a good solution.
    I say add them to each stall in the warp shop - as I'm not sure how much harder it would be to actually define what is in the inventory, it's price, etc - so having the individual signs for the most produced items - i.e. Pumpkins, Grilled Pork, Cooked Beef, Cooked Mutton, Melons.

If more need to be added, fine - but these are by far the larger producers :)

Support for Choc and Mogsy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    could u explain what you mean did they make it so u are unable to do /back?

4. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    /back is now disabled and not usable at /warp shop

5. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    The thing is it wasn’t even scripting. It was using a perfectly legal advertisement bot but instead just plugging in /back. I see no positive outcome of removing /back from /warp shop because nobody wants to walk all the way from the start of the warp to the signs to sell. Wastes time and punishes players who used it manually

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. The__Joker

The__Joker Member

IGN:
    The__Joker
    My /back has been bugged for a few days - so I've kinda go used to using /warp and /visit.

I cleared 24 dc's in 16mins. I really don't think it's a huge issue.
    As a normal player, with no scripts, special clients, etc - and ironically - seeing people not wanting changes to Economy as it's the "closest" to Vanilla we have - yet most of these same people use clients, scripts, allowed "hacks" by the server.

I do kinda wonder how people would handle a server with Zero tolerance to using any kind of hacks/scripts/etc.

*shrugs* just my 2 cents.

7. MorayEel

IGN:
    MorayEel
    The "hacks" don't really even do that much. In this case all it was was an advert bot, chatting messages every so often. I don't think that ruins the Vanilla experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Using /back wasn’t the issue.

There were people who were able to script and modify their game to sell and farm completely afk at /warp shop. So because of those users /back is now not allowed at /warp shop as it’s a large part of the script. Some users went further to use pathing for their character to walk to the sign and things of that nature. You will get your extra money if type the command /warp shop (or set a macro) then you walk the extra steps to manually sell.

Essentially the people doing the right thing got the raw end of the deal and that is something we wanted to avoid but couldn’t. In most situations the people who abuse our systems cause them to be changed.

Edit: forgot to say support

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  9. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Exactly. Should not have been removed then imo!
    -
    I think something should definitely be given in return for the removal of /back in warp shop. I'm not fond of the idea of it being gone since it /back is a perk, however since it has already been removed, maybe we could introduce something new in order to compensate. Players who have done nothing wrong have to suffer the consequences that were caused by a small group of people.. so I think something should be given in return. A 'sell all sign' sounds lovely.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Banning those who were hacking would have been the logical solution. And yes there would’ve more so you ban them too.
    This is the way it’s always been done in the past.
    People have been banned for running scripts in the nether (other public warps) this is no different. But these players hacking at warp shop suffer no punishment and everyone else loses out.
    Mind blown!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  11. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

We were not expecting to lose /back for everyone but only to enforce a rule for those doing the wrong thing. We hope a compensation of sorts will occur and maybe a further discussion about /back returning will happen

12. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    As this is done in such a public place, many players notice it and I’m sure they will be happy to report any suspicious behaviour so that only the guilty are dealt with. Perhaps the /back command can just be taken from those players?

13. Krissy

Just because I don't want to derail the topic of this suggestion perhaps a separate suggestion can be made for the return of /back
    (sorry op)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MorayEel

IGN:
    MorayEel
    All of you are tripping over the words "hacking" and "scripting." It was literally just autoadvert typing /back every 30 seconds. It's not like we're cracking into a database or anything.

If anyone would like a detailed explanation of how it was done using fully legitimate, legal means please message me :)

15. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Hacks are carried out by running scripts.
    There was a lot more to the hacks, they were auto walking around players to get to the shop, they were changing their nick every second.

16. MorayEel

IGN:
    MorayEel
    Correct, there was a single player using pathfinding and /nick changing scripts. The majority however was only using auto advert.

17. Krissy

We are not as we are not talking about those using auto advert.
    You are assuming the removal of /back was because of auto advert. That is not the case. The rule doesn't apply to auto advert because it acts as a macro and is harmless.
    But
    If you were able to afk all day while your account, on its own, could pathfind, sell at the sign, go back to the island to collect more items then come back then you were misusing the warp.
    Those who were just using auto advert are not part of the reason this rule was in effect because you would have needed to be at your pc to physically click the signs.

As we are saying the removal of /back was implemented and we as staff didn't expect that to happen. However this suggestion is to make the situation better by offering a quicker way to sell as a reward for having to manually type /warp shop, walk to the sign and putting in that effort.

If you wish to debate /back being removed, as I said, please create a suggestion asking for it to be returned. Otherwise lets keep on topic now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MrEPro

MrEPro Active Member

IGN:
    MrEPro
    Most people, me included, just dont really find it fair some people can whip up a bit of javascript and bam. auto selling all day for free money. It's perfectly fine imo being afk all day to get pumpkins, cactus etc but the fact people can end up with thousands more at the end of the day by plugging in a script just isn't, well, fair on others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jack <3

Jack <3 Member

I would like to add to this conversation, I completely understand from a server side why this change was made (I don't agree with it) But I can see why. For those who are not aware Noobcrews intentions for /warp Shop were so that players who put in the effort to go there and back would be able to get a few more bucks for their work. This is all relevent but I personally feel this situation could of been handled with a lot more patience, the players including me who were running auto adverts and this and that could have simply been handed a warning to stop and I can't speak for others but me and a few others would have stopped with good reasoning. But this was not the case the priviledge for everyone was revoked and may I say a DONOR perk wasn't entirely removed but I am not aware of any person using /back unless it's to get to /warp Shop. I Agree with the decision to not let Automation continue at /warp shop but I do not agree with how it has been handled and I believe A compensation for this should occur or they allow /back to be used fairly. I also saw a suggestion for a bulk sign that would actually be a great idea alongside letting /back continue at /warp Shop. This is only my opinion Please let me know what you think and May I add Please read before posting there were no Java script mega hacking happening it was merely using a hacked client to run auto advert just like you guys run it to advertise shops in chat.

Also Borahae mentions that a player was using a path finder and other accessories to auto sell which I agree is too far but she also mentions that the auto advert are not part of the reason why the rule is in effect. So why not warn the said player(s) and move on with /back being fine I do not see why tens of players were punished because of possibly only 1 culprit? That's just my opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  20. MrEPro

MrEPro Active Member

IGN:
    MrEPro
    Yeah, not for people to abuse with certain mods or auto clickers and auto advert

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1