Regarding the server update.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by KhalDrogo, Nov 8, 2022.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    A question Noobcrew or Dexuby can hopefully answer.

When the server updates, will it be a copy as it is at the time of the update or will it be an earlier capture of the server?
    I.e. will players lose any progress? Builds, inventory, trades, store purchases, etc.

2. SuperCoolWimp

SuperCoolWimp Active Member

Hey, I heard you have some concerns regarding the 1.19 update...

Whilst I am not Dexuby or Noobcrew, I can say this (without giving away to much), the update will be sometime next month, I heard something about the 15th, and all of your progress up to the 13th (the day the server will shut down temporaily as they transfer data).

Now this down time, whilst not ideal, is necessary to make sure no progress it lost.

I know you wanted the answer from Noobcrew or Dexuby, this information is fairly accurate (I am Noobcrew's roommate).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Thanks. While what you say may be correct, Drogo will await a response from official sources.

4. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    Personally I believe they aren’t working on a new server and it is all just words

5. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Given they had beta testing, albeit very brief, Drogo is fairly sure they are. Drogo does have concerns that it might be harder that first considered and if it is managed, there may be some undesirable effects/losses.
    Let's just hope that they manage it and the current servers don't end up in the Skyblock graveyard with Classic.

6. Dausora

Dausora Active Member Premium

IGN:
    Dausora
    Oh, lord. That would be upsetting. I don't think they can keep doing that, though; too many resources to go through to keep having classic servers that most people never play on.

7. Boarder

Boarder Active Member

IGN:
    Boarder02
    IF they decide to take some days of progress away they must announce that beforehand. Think of all the GC codes people could sell for grass, which then gets useless, and the other guy still having the code information.

8. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner Administrator

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    There should be no data loss or anything reset.

Since we want to update both Survival and Economy at the same time, currently the delay is specifically on fixing the shop plugin on Skyblock Survival. It is a very complicated plugin and we want everything to transfer over smoothly, however worst case scenario is that some shops may have to be re-created but we will see.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Cheers.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

What new things are going to be added? Is there a thread/changelog for them? Also, will Mobarena be re-enabled or will that still be a manual thing?

11. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock