Declined Please replace this CAPTCHA

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Rioichi667, Jul 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rioichi667

Rioichi667 Member

In /vote there is a new CAPTCHA. It’s essentially the same as the one we’re used to, but 10x difficult. Almost every square has atleast a corner of the item you need to click, and sometimes the full picture. I have done various methods of trying to solve the CAPTCHA but it’s insanely difficult and confusing. TO put this in perspective, I’ve been trying to solve the captcha for over 14 minutes and that’s not an exaggeration. I asked others if they thought it was hard, and almost everyone agreed. Please change the current CAPTCHA back to the old one. Thanks.

2. FalcoFalcon

FalcoFalcon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Unfortunately the staff team is not responsible for the CAPTCHA's on the voting webstites. If they are too difficult try contacting the staff teams of the voting websites. Sorry...

3. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    I have noticed this as well. The vote2 captcha has gone from ReCAPTCHA (google's captcha) to hCAPTCHA, which is a more secure version to prevent botting. But, in order to make it more secure, it has to make it harder, and that kinda sucks.

Unfortunatly the Skyblock Staff team have no control over the vote sites whatsoever, as they are a third party organization. If you find yourself unable to do the captcha, reload the page until it changes to an easier one.

Fun Fact: CAPTCHA Stands for Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart. It may in fact be, the least creative naming, possibly ever. Why can't they just call it the Anti-Bot or something like that? Or make the acronym something sensible???

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Yeah tbh I've been seeing this same kind of captcha everywhere before they changed it. It sucks but I got used to it

5. ElectroTom

ElectroTom Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ElectroTom
    I have been finding this captcha harder, I preferred the old one too

6. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Lmao 14 minutes to finish the captcha? What are you doing in the 14 minutes LOL

the CAPTCHA isn't run by skyblock its controlled by the voting websites which we do not have control of. Personally, I find the new captcha a bit more annoying because it would ask you to select a picture of something that looks like the ones given in the examples and you only find one that is probably hard to see. Or you see all the boxes that are the same thing and you click on all of them.

That being said, it takes about a minute or so to finish all three captchas. Previously it would take about 45 seconds assuming you have your cookies enabled that autofills your name (otherwise it takes a bit longer).

If you're doing it on mobile then it is going to be longer but as I said previously, if you have cookies enabled it would make it a lot quicker though I don't trust the cookies on my phone cause whenever I use the autofill it probably doesn't go through and assumes its a different name. So I just type it out manually to be on the safe side.

7. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Are you talking about vote.skyblock.net or vote2.skyblock.net? If you are using a VPN, it thinks your IP is suspicious and gives you a captcha challenge. Turn off your VPN and don't use autofill for vote.skyblock.net. For vote2.skyblock.net, use Privacy Pass - Chrome Web Store to bypass captcha. The first time you use it it will give you a captcha check. For the next 5 you get "Passes" that let you bypass these checks. Hope this helps :p

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  8. iQuestionLogic

iQuestionLogic Active Member Premium

IGN:
    iQuestionLogic
    Am I the only one that prefers hCaptcha :bored:

9. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    You are

10. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    p r i v a c y p a s s

11. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Don't use chrome. Don't scream at me please.

12. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined. Your suggestion may have not been possible, needed, etc.

This thread has been moved to the Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive | Skyblock Forums. The thread starter may report this post with 90 days if they are dissatisfied with this action, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.