Accepted PlayboiEric Disrespect Nobleza

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by NotErics, Sep 18, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotErics

NotErics Well-Known Member

IGN:
    NotErics
    1. PlayboiEric
    2. Skyblock
    3. Disrespect
    4. I do believe that this punishment was incorrect.

I would like to say that in the below statement, everything said is done with all due respect to all parties involved.

I should be unbanned, or have my ban reduced for a multitude of reasons IMO. To begin, I was banned for “Disrespect” by Nobleza , I do not know if this was a ban on iBallisticbunny6’s behalf, which I will go into further down. According to Nobleza, I was banned due to me making fun of bunny, laughing at my previous mute (which was for staff disrespect). This is on the basis that I knew what I was doing, and that it was wrong, also that I “knew” I would get banned for it, didn’t care and continued.

To begin, I would like to cover me “Constantly harassing and making fun of bunny in public chat”. I was not making fun of bunny herself, I was poking fun at the harshness of my previous ban.

Secondly, “Laughing at your previous mute for staff disrespect”. Personally, I cannot comprehend how I can be punished for something that I was already punished for. In no way can this be a factor into a second ban. On top of this, I also do not see what is wrong with laughing or joking about a ban that I served the time for. I purposely did not appeal that ban, because I knew that I was 100% in the wrong. If I need to go into the situation surrounding that ban I will, but I do not find it relevant.

I would also like to pose the question, what is wrong with the word NSFW? I said in public chat something along the lines of this. “,/r Yea, tpa to see some nsfw map art”. To which I got warned almost instantly. I then tpa’d the person who warned me to the map art I am currently working on at the island xOnePiece. I would also like to note that the map art in no way is nsfw, I will attach the reference photo below. I said this statement as a joke, hoping people would tpa so that I could show them a map art I am proud of. I was then told that I should not say the word nsfw. I do not see any issue with the word ‘nsfw’ in and of itself. After making fun of this warning, because IMO it did not fully add up, I messaged the banning moderator asking if ‘NSFW’ is a word that I am allowed to say, to which I got no response. (Not saying this is a bad thing (the lack of response), simply covering my bases).

To finish this, I was told that because of my actions, I knew that I would likely get banned for it, and that I did not care and continued. The only truth in this statement, is that I continued. I did not know I would get banned for my actions. If the “evidence” for me knowing about me getting banned for my actions is my jokes then that doesn’t add up. I clearly did not know that I would really get banned, I made jokes about getting a 31d or perm ban, because I figured that it would not add up for me to get banned. To say that I “did not care” also is baseless. I cared enough about it to notice the flaws, and point them out. For me to joke about the flaws, and joke about how strict bans can be is not an action punishable by a ban. If it is, then I believe that it should not be.

If I had access to the server atm, I would go back and screenshot everything so that I can clear each statement individually. I am very open to a discussion on this topic, and would like to hear statements from anyone involved.

Sidenote: My ban was for disrespect, not staff disrespect, so I am assuming I “disrespected” others, if that is the case I would like to know who if possible. I have heard around that I was reported by a fellow player, who I will not name. I do not know if this had a role in my ban, but from where I stand it is possible due to “status”.
    If any of my "" are incorrect please let me know, and my apologies for any mis-information on words spoken from others.

5. I have been banned on prior occasions
    6. Nobleza
    7. I do understand and accept the rules and code of conduct.

2. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Hi, Eric! Thank you for the thorough appeal.

It was my ban. This, however, doesn't mean it wasn't discussed with the rest of the Staff Team.

Exactly. Anyhow, I just gave you very brief description. I was incredibly busy and, as I also stated over discord, would only discuss an appeal on forums.

Stating you hate 90% of staff, being incredibly disrespectful to anyone (specific members from the team, in this case) and attempting make fun of them with another player in public chat is definitely not "poking fun at the harshness of your previous ban".

However, you did this as well, as you have admitted to doing above.

You were not punished for laughing at your previous punishments, but mocking a mute for disrespect clearly shows that you were not remorseful. But no, you were not punished for this. I don't think there's any need for me to remind you that it is our intention to create a respectful and safe environment for everyone, and therefore no sort of discrimination or disrespect is tolerated.

I apologize for not replying to your message. I logged on because of the report a player had filed on forums, and did not expect chat to be the mess it was. I had to have socialspy on for a bit due to a serious situation and I must have missed your msg. My bad, sorry.

No, I do not consider the word NSFW to be inappropriate, but it is not my place to discuss this. I was not present at the time, and therefore I do not know the context of the message. Thus, I cannot be sure whether said warning was necessary or not. Regardless of this, this is in no way a justification for your actions. Disrespecting other people is never okay, no matter the situation.

I'm sorry, I must have got the impression that you did know about you being punished and still chose to go on from this messages (sent as soon as you realized I was online):

Code:
    [22:51:38] [Async Chat Thread - #55/INFO]: [PlayboiEric] [Skytitan] Eric: o no
    [22:51:40] [Async Chat Thread - #56/INFO]: [PlayboiEric] [Skytitan] Eric: ban time
    [22:51:56] [Async Chat Thread - #56/INFO]: [PlayboiEric] [Skytitan] Eric: cya in 30 days
    You surely expected some sort of punishment for your actions. You say that you did not know it was going to be a 31 day ban. Does this mean you would have stopped if you had known it would result in such punishment? The severity of the punishment is decided by the Staff depending on each situation, and not knowing the length of it is no excuse for what happened the other day.

Everyone involved was given the appropriate punishment. I don't see how discussing the situation of others is relevant here. I have spent my time reading the chat logs and the screenshots in order to be able to know what was going on here.

No, as far as I know you were not disrespecting others. I tend to call it "Disrespect" instead of "Player" or "Staff" disrespect as I believe everyone is equal and therefore the punishment shouldn't be divided depending on who it was targeted at.

Regarding the report, the player who filed it had nothing to do with the punishment itself. In full honesty, I could swear one player had reported it until I went back to it today and realized it was another player. Anyhow, I do not have a close relationship with this player. I am friendly to him and respect him, as with everybody else on the server. And, even if I were close with them, it would have had no effect on the punishment since 1) my "friends" do not get any benefits from me being a staff member and 2) the ban wasn't my decision only, it was previously discussed and agreed on.

3. NotErics

IGN:
    NotErics
    I apologize, I am not very familiar with the forums, so I have no clue on how to respond to direct statements.

Gotcha, I am not familiar with the process on bans so thank you for that clarification.

Agreed, no fault on any party, simply covering bases.

Stating that I hate 90% of the staff team was a hyperbole, though I can 100% see how it can be taken as a fact. I don’t doubt that there are staff members that each player may not like as much as others, or “hate” in my own words. I chose to voice this as a hyperbole, which def was not the smartest because voice infliction cannot be shown over text.

Agreed, mocking a previous mute for disrespect does show the lack of remorse. At the time that I got said mute, was after a long break from the server, about 6 months or so if I remember correctly. I had no issue with this ban because I considered me coming back to the server as a one-off situation, and had no genuine intentions on coming back to the server. So, at the time, no, I was not remorseful for my actions, shown by the lack of appeal.

No problem, Though I cannot understand the workload of a staff member as I am not one, I am sure it is a lot to handle. I simply brought it up in this appeal because it was a warning on the same day I got the ban. I was not sure if the two were related, so I assumed they were. Yes, this was not meant to be a justification of my actions. I posted it here as I was unsure on the situation between staff members prior to my ban.

I do remember sending these messages. I did not expect any punishment for my actions, other than possibly for me saying the word “NSFW” after I was told that it was not meant to be said on the server by another staff member. Also, I believe I said the same thing right before my 3 day ban before this one. For both situations, I said this because a mod joined the server. In both situations, I was given a warn by a helper, and then not long after, a mod joins. The reason I have said this 2x now is because to my knowledge a helper cannot officially do /ban (Or whatever the staff command is to ban a player). Yes, I would have stopped if I knew that I would have been punished. I think it is fair to say anyone would stop if knowing a punishment was to be handed out. This is assuming they are not head strong is what they are saying, which I was not. Yes, the severity of the punishment is decided by the staff member giving out the ban. It is not that I guessed I would get banned and didn’t know the length of it, I did not expect to get banned in general. Looking back is not a good way of thinking, always best to assume the worst in situations.

Okay, Discussing the situation of other players is not the direction my statement was headed. Before submitting this appeal, there is no way for me to know how the following chat will unfold. I was saying that if need be, I am open to discussion.

Understood, (staff = player wise). I also now see that the report had nothing to do with the punishment. I brought it up in this appeal because I had no way to know what was connected, (report, warning, to the ban).

With all that being said, this was very informative, and I thank you for that.

4. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Hey. I appreciate the thorough and respectful reply :)

No worries about that. In the future, you can just select the text you want to reply to (by “painting” it with your mouse on a pc) and clicking on the “Reply” button.

I agree. Miscommunication is very common online, and it is really easy to miss out on sarcasm and jokes (especially considering this specific heated situation). Anyway, you’re a wise person and I’m sure you can see why saying you “hate” players (especially those you are not specifically friends with) is not really a nice joke.

Thank you for your honesty. I believe people have changed and it takes some courage to admit this. As we both have previously mentioned, past punishments are irrelevant here but it was nice of you to address this.

You’re right. Helpers cannot ban, and usually ask a Moderator to ban someone for them. This was not the case, however, as it was not Bunny’s decision to ban you or to call me.

I understand, it’s basic human thinking after all. However, I think we can both agree that (sorry for the exaggeration) whether you steal knowing you will go to jail or you steal thinking you won’t get caught, it is still a crime and the punishment is the same.

In the future, you should be respectful to everyone (no matter who is on or what the outcome or the situation will be).

Eric, I’m very pleased with the way you’ve handled this appeal. However, I need to be sure your past history will not be repeated if your punishment is revoked. I don’t want you to reply to every single comment I’ve made in this appeal. Knowing you understand is good enough. You can just comment on the basics of this reply and then tell me why no sort of disrespect is tolerated and to show me that you will not do (or break any more rules) again.

I know you want to be unbanned. Not saying this is wrong, it’s what appeals are for. However, I’d like to remind you that we staff are human as well and even though we stay away from all the drama and avoid “lashing out” at players, we have feelings. We’re volunteers that are just trying to make this server a better experience for everyone in it. Yes, we enjoy moderating, we enjoy enforcing the rules, but it is never our intention to abuse our power. The only reward we need is the satisfaction we get from knowing we are making this a better place. Even though I cannot speak for those staff members who were targeted, I can say from experience than it truly makes me sad when some players are rude to me or others (and especially when multiple players are attacking you). What I’m trying to say with this is the following: don’t feel forced to do anything, this will not have an impact in your appeal, but it would be nice if you could apologize to those that were involved and got hurt. If I were in this position, it sure would make me feel better.

You have proven to be a very mature and civilized person. It would a shame to have a bad relationship with someone on the server. This is just my opinion, anyway.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

5. NotErics

IGN:
    NotErics
    Preface:

Gotcha, I respond to each statement accordingly to make sure I don’t get lost in my train of thought (will take what you said into account).

Response:

I definitely see how “hate” can come across as a harsh word, in the setting of skyblock. In my daily life I don’t consider hate to be a word to take offense of, but in a PG-13 I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) setting such as skyblock, I can see the fault in using it.

Agreed, the analogy you gave hold true, that the crime committed whether with knowledge of the punishment or not is still a crime. With that being said I do feel that it is something to be noted, that regardless of the action committed, the full knowledge of ones actions should be enough to hold them accountable.

I do see why no sort of disrespect is tolerated, and I will be sure to double check prior to typing in chat as to not end up in this situation. The lines of disrespect is a gray area that definitely needs to be morally checked by the person speaking, especially when making jokes that some may not take kindly to.

Most definitely, the staff are human, and are volunteers, and for anyone to take that for granted would be foolish. I can see that the staff do their best from lashing out at players, and yes they do have feelings. I am glad to hear that the satisfaction comes from the happiness of the fellow players, rather than getting rid of the rule breakers. (Though both are needed).

Will do, I will make sure to reach out to all parties involved and resolve the rest outside of this appeal.

(EDIT)
    - I will do my best to uphold said values of the server, and will double check what I intend on saying in chat, as to avoid situations like this in the future.
    -Eric

6. NotErics

IGN:
    NotErics
    Hello,

I do not mean to be impatient, as the staff team members are working as volunteers, but I am checking on the status of this appeal. Nobleza

Eric

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  7. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Hey Eric, sorry for the late reply. As I’ve told you over Discord, due to the maturity and respect you’ve shown in this appeal, I have decided to accept your appeal.

Welcome back in game, I hope never to see your name in the Ban Appeals section again. Please do not disappoint me!

8. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.