Place items directly in your inventory when broken [Donor Perk]

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Moee, Nov 13, 2018.

?

Donor Perk?

1. Every Player gets it

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. D10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. D25

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D50

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  5. D100

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. D250

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. D400

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    My idea is exactly what I said in the title. I don't know what rank to add it at, but I think that d50 would be appropriate since that is when people get /fly and when they are least likely to pick items up.
    Credit to Nebz for originally suggesting it
    Reasons to add it:
    1.) When flying, it is hard to pick blocks up that you break, and especially when mining over an open void.
    2.) Building a platform under the blocks is extremely tedious and this perk would be very useful for negating that.
    I acknowledge that this might be too powerful, but that is why I suggested it as a donor perk rather than a
    perk that everyone gets.
    This would also be useful as a toggleable command so that you don't have to always pick up the items that you don't want (/pickup)?
    Please don't say "no support" because you don't see the usefulness in this. I want to know how it would harm the economy or players. If enough people think that it should be a basic perk, I will edit the suggestion accordingly.
    Thanks for reading!

• Neutral Neutral x 7
    • Support Support x 6
    • No Support No Support x 5
  2. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Support, would help players from losing items because they fell into the void.

3. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    I don't think this is necessary. This is survival after all.
    No Support.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  4. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

As much as it is a useful perk to have, it also is pretty overpowered. Skyblock is survival and thus you will need to plan accordingly when building and destroying. Yes, building a platform can be tedious but that is how survival is.

Mechanics such as the way blocks are mined don’t need to be tampered with on a survival based server like skyblock

5. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    I would argue that flying is similar in many ways. It is extremely powerful and if skyblock were completely survival based, then flying should be also removed. I urge you to reconsider.

6. catclaw4335

catclaw4335 Active Member

IGN:
    catclaw4335
    Support! I may not have donor, but I see the use in this being for donor 50.

7. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral,

It's not going to be easy to put this in the server.

8. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Do you see the usefulness in this as a perk?

9. SpicylilPink

SpicylilPink Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    SpicylilPink
    I mean I get it, but this is also why I place a platform below what I'm building. Also if this was a thing, I think everyone should have access to it, because the ones who really need help on this server are the non-donors, and they are the ones who truly suffer from losing their items in the void. Also, how would picking up items on other's islands work? Would there be a command in /settings so that the owner could disable and enable it, incase someone was helping them build something? I'm going to go with neutral because I truly stand in the middle, I see the benefit of it but also think there is a lot more that would have to be worked out.

10. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Neutral, I agree with Krissy as this would defeat the purpose of "surviving" in skyblock and would be considered somehow overpowered whether it's a donor perk or not.

11. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No support it’s basic Minecraft skills if you break something you need to pick it up

12. HuskyKiing

HuskyKiing Member

IGN:
    HuskyKiing
    Neutral. Its going to be super hard to add in, considering with the frequent server lag.

13. Annn

Annn yoongi Premium

IGN:
    AN_AM
    support. lost tons of $$$ due to the void.

dk how it can be implemented tho

14. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Neutral. I like the suggestion and the fact that it is toggleable, however I agree with the others in the thread about the survival aspect of skyblock.

If a block is being used as scaffolding, it's most likely not going to be a valuable block. If you need to destroy something and risk losing materials that's your responsibility.

For that reason, as said above, neutral.

15. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Neutral.
    I like the suggestion, however I do agree with Krissy's statement, this is a survival based server. It would also be a bit overpowered, whether it's a donor perk or not. If you're breaking valuable blocks and underneath is the void, you'll have to be responsible and try catch the blocks without dying, or create a cobblestone platform beneath it, so the risk of losing them in the void wouldn't be possible. Lastly, it's basically a Minecraft skill of breaking a block and picking it up.

16. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Neutral.

Ive lost countless riches to the void even a few dia blocks one time but its all about starting from rock bottom getting So so close to the top and then falling back down this goes for islands too don't have enough grass nor dirt? guess you'll have to restart and restart until you hit the right spot this will prevent this cycle and its the cycle of Minecraft, I get that it will help alot of players but we dont need to baby the players so much that every mistake they do you have a fail-safe for or else the server will seem too easy and lose taste

17. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    I agree with what Krissy said, although building platform and losing builds are tedious/annoying. As a long old non-donor player I never saw this to be a problem as I know that I get to learn how to manage my building and resources more better and with every struggles that it offers having that sense of hard work and fulfillment is what makes me happy that I am playing in Skyblock. Having a command that make blocks go to your inventory defeats the whole purpose of what I said and what Skyblock really means.

Disagree.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  18. Alcala09PlaysMC

Alcala09PlaysMC Active Member

IGN:
    Alcala09
    No Support

Like what other people said, the server is a survival game and I think it would ruin the whole surviving system.

Even if it is
    useful, having a nodrop plugin would ruin it like stated.

If I said all skyblockers will get 100 diamonds, yes it is helpful but it would ruin the economy.

Yes, it is hard to pick up items when you are breaking something right near the void. With these commands skyblock might turn a little too easy?

Also what if you are trusted on an island and you take a beacon with pickup? There is no chance for the owner to notice the beacon has fallen into an item.

As much I like making things easier, I think this will make things less challenging and likely ruin the challenging part of skyblock building

19. Neeman

Neeman Member

No support, this is survival mode and things going into the void is a feature not a bug. You need to plan when demolishing, having this makes the game too easy, too much like creative mode.

20. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

We are unfortunately unable to consider suggestions involving donor ranks, perks, kits, or online shop pricing in this section as these are not matters that can be decided on by the developers assigned to manage the Server Gameplay Suggestions forum.

We are happy to consider any suggestions you may have regarding server gameplay mechanics and features, though, and hope you will always keep thinking of great ways to make the server better for everyone! :)

This thread has been moved to the Suggestions Archive. If you are dissatisfied with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.