Economy Personal solution for Economy low TPS issues

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Ca1, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

The Skyblock Server economy has a terrible tickpersecond rate. The solution lies not within the server mechanics, but within the actual economy. Here are some current causes of lag.

1) Massive pumpkin farms
    2) Massive flushing water farms
    3) Incredibly fast redstone clocks, mainly hooked up to stone generators

All these things are LEGAL, and at the moment there is nothing we can do to stop it.
    These farms should never be made illegal. It would be complete chaos.

Solution to:

1) Cap piston limits on islands. If a cap will happen, piston limits per island size to be discussed by server owners/developers.
    2) Simple. Give us the ability to change spawner types. Mobs stack. Mob Spawners already have a cap on islands. I don't know why this isn't implemented yet? Pros: High // Cons: Zero
    3) I am not sure of a solution for this. I don't think slowing down redstone/redstone repeaters will go down well with the community but as of now these clocks don't cause much lag at all as there are few of them. They are just needed to gain stone/cobblestone/ores.

• Neutral Neutral x 2
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  2. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    1) I am not sure if this will create chaos like the spawners in the 2nd of jan.

2) /spawner might not be coming but there are different types of mobspawners coming, we could just get mobs that are not rare from /spawner, like the legendary crate.

3) Neutral for this one.

3. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

piston farms are already out of hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    1. Neutral, pumpkin and melon farms do cause a lot of lag but we should only add a limit if ABSOLUTELY necessary
    2. Support, we need more types of mob spawners
    3. No support as this might interfere with and mess up some redstone builds where repeaters need to have a specific delay

5. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No support I don’t like limits no one does it just limits how far we can play I think this server needs an update to a better version that runs smoother and more efficiently

6. EItan

EItan Member

IGN:
    Eitan3128
    How The Spawners Work At Economy Is Different Then /Skyblock So /spawner Wont Work On Them,Instead They Should Add More Type Of Spawners

7. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    No support/neutral as some of these farms require more work to tend to rather than an afk grinder. With that being said, we aren't exactly wasting TPS.

8. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    No support. Developers already said why /spawner is not being added, and by adding it, it will ruin the economy. Players who have access to them would become rich in 1 minute, and the grinders would be huge and afk abused, creating more lag.

About the piston limit, limits never have a good effect. We need to find other ways

9. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Have you even read this? Mob stacks means little lag, right?

10. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Oh, sorry. I'm sticking with neutral, since I still don't think /spawner would be a good idea in economy...