Global Per-Island Permissions GUI

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Pancake, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    The /settings command is a helpful tool that brings up a simple GUI which allows you to easily modify what players can/can't do on your island. Things such as, who can use anvils, who can place and break blocks, who can use enchantment tables, and so much more (See Source 1)

I've edited this thread to fit a more logical idea to this suggestion. I'd like to see a permissions GUI that the coop leader is able to access which allows them to modify different settings such as who can/can't lock and unlock the island.

This would hopefully solve everyone's problem's when their trusted member tries to lock an island but can't :)

upload_2020-12-29_15-14-54.png Source 1

Let me know what you guys think about this idea!

• Support Support x 19
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  2. Pancake

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    also bumping this :heart:

3. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

this is actually an interesting suggestion. idk how easy it would be to do this, but i would love for this to be implemented. support

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

this is a really cool suggestion,, support

5. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I’m not too sure about trust having different settings. It’s just meant to be a command where a player gets access to edit your island. There’s not too much to edit about it because then it just makes no sense. If you’re going to disable doing certain things when trusting a player, there’s no point to trust them because you yourself aren’t trusting them.

We always tell players to trust players who you think will be able to help, and to make sure they won’t do anything else. If you ever get griefed, we ask you take evidence and report it to a staff so we can deal with it.

I’m in full support for co-op settings because there’s certain features that are limited to members such as player whitelist/blacklist to the island, trusting and island settings which are not accessible by a co-op member. Since they’re a full part of your island, they should have access to things like so.

I’m neutral for /trust settings and full support for /coop settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pancake

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Thank you two :heart:

I hadn't thought about it that way but I definitely agree with you on this one. The coop settings was my biggest concern and I can see what you mean about a trust gui defeating the purpose of trust. Thank you :heart:

7. cuteymeow

cuteymeow Active Member

IGN:
    cuteymeow
    Support! I've wanted this for about 2 years now. It's always annoying when you as a coop member can't lock or unlock the island!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pancake

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Thank you, I agree, this is has been one of the most annoying things for me and was basically the main reason I suggested this.

I'm less worried about the trust settings but I would like to see the coop settings so that we can define whether they can trust or not trust players, can lock and unlock the island etc.

9. Pancake

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Sorry for the double post. Going to bump this, I think specifically the allowing of trusting and locking/unlocking is something a lot of players are after :)

10. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    support, it gets harsh when ur building something and you can't /lock while the leader is offline

11. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    Support - There are many different scenarios where this would be greatly helpful. I've wanted to lock my coop island a few times while I was doing renovations to my chest shop and found it a lil annoying when I knew I couldn't. It would also be great if the island leader could allow certain members of their coop to be able to trust other people (especially helpful when you want someone's help to build or do redstone for you!) Great suggestion in general.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sky

Sky Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    Can we bump this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. DarkHussar

DarkHussar Active Member

Support - It would be amazing if other coop players could trust people.

14. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    How come I've only just seen this. Total support would really help like for example if the island owner were to go inactive for a while he could just give his coopmate(s) extra permissions to manage the island without them

15. Pancake

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Thank you both :)

Id love to see this implemented, Bert provides a good point, if a coop leader has to go away for a while and doesn’t want to transfer ownership, it would allow for an easy solution without having to promote the coop member :D

16. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support, The coop members sometimes need a bit of power helping their island leader if the leader is gone which is busy or cannot connect to the server.

17. DarkHussar

DarkHussar Active Member

Support, could coop members get more power please for when the owner is not online

18. Pancake

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Bumping :)

19. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    We'll most likely not add extra setting pages for trusted and coop members. If you don't trust them just don't /trust or coop them. Adding some kind of per-island permission system for things like island locking sounds like a good idea however you might want to edit your thread to not confuse people that see this suggestion (or make a new one).