Withdrawn PC's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by PCcoolguy100, Apr 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100

upload_2020-4-29_13-21-59.png

Introduction

Hey there! My name's Michael and I'm 16, and I thank you for taking the time to read my application.
    I understand that a few people have been expecting me to apply for a while, to which I replied that I needed to fix up a few things - those things were rough relationships due to past mishaps of mine - and I'm happy to say I finally feel ready to apply.

So here we are.

What's your in-game name?

My IGN is phr33z, and I own a few other alternative accounts that you may or may not know. On discord, I go by phr33z#8881 and am currently nicknamed as PCcoolguy1OO.

What country and time-zone are you in?

I live in Victoria, Australia and live by the Australian Eastern Standard/Daylight Time (AEST/AEDT or UTC+10/UTC+11).

What languages do you speak?

My main language is English, and I speak (and roughly understand) basic Greek (Ελληνικά) and very basic French (Français). I can always use Google Translate (or other translation means) as a fallback.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?

Of course! I mainly use Nvidia Shadowplay (now called Nvidia Experience). If Shadowplay fails, I use OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) or Xbox Game Bar as a fallback. For screenshots I simply use Lightshot or in-game screenshots (F2). On my Arch-Linux installation, I use OBS, SimpleScreenRecorder and the pre-installed screen-capture or just in-game screenshots.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

- Empathetic
    I understand that a few people have seen this application coming for a while now, and have already received feedback through in game messages, forums and Discord. I also understand the negative feedback about me, and sometimes this brings me down, but also helps me improve who I am - and also what people think of me.
    Empathy is the ability to understand another's feelings, or as I like to put it:
    "Put yourself in another person's shoes, and to see it from their perspective."
    This goes into bias, as I will always look at it from a different perspective, or your perspective, to do what is necessary to restore the peace.
    This trait of mine also brings up the fact that I ask a lot of questions - a fact of which some may find annoying, but if it leads me to understanding of the truth, I see nothing lost and will apologise for asking a lot of questions.

- Resilient/Tough Minded
    Insults don't hurt me - they do the opposite.
    Throughout my life and things I have done or experienced, I find that the world is not always how you want it to be. There's always going to be the one person who joins just to cause trouble, always going to be the one person that thinks something incredibly gruesome is funny, always going to be the one person who finds enjoyment out of hurting people or insulting others. I have learnt that while sometimes said "one person" can't help it as that's what they've learnt, there's always an opportunity to learn the moral choice.
    I usually think to forgive and forget, but other times there can be deeper meaning to the leadup of a disagreement.

- Chill, Relaxed and Approachable
    I'm chill and can always help out if needs be, just shoot me a message or ask in chat! Need a certain resource? Ask for it and I can (almost always) tell you where to find it! Need help building something? Tell me what you're trying to achieve - the more information the better ;).

- Unbiased and Equal
    To me, every person should be treated with the same amount of respect that you would give a friend. A player should not be judged off their rank, their history or what they've achieved. A person with a rank should not see themselves or others as higher than another person because of the rank they posess, and the same statement goes here.
    A member of the staff team should not see themselves above the players that they cater to, as they are equally as important as any other player.

- Generous
    While this may not be the most important trait to have, it definitely improves other people's perspective of you. I help people out, usually not expecting anything in return (in my opinion it's too much of a hassle to expect anything in the first place), whether it's by giving funds for a project or blocks to expand an island. Need anything? Ask - please! I'm more than happy to help!

- I know the community
    Skyblock.net, the server that has seen many members both past and present, has had many different communities, groups, staff and individuals who've been known for different things. It's one of the many perks of being a long-time player and essentially growing up with the server - and it's how the community changes from (essentially) era to era. I find it fascinating to see how some people come and go.

- Informed of the latest information
    A lot of people know that I like and am very interested in modding, computers, and exploiting. Fortunately, I'm well informed of the places where exploits are used. I usually am the go-to person for those sorts of things, as I just so happen to know a lot about said exploit. I can easily help out (with the help of the dev team, as I have no experience in coding/programming) to patch said exploit.

- Active
    Finally, I'm on every day, whether it be on Minechat or on my computer. You will almost always be able to catch me in the Skyblock Discord.

How active can you be on the server everyday?

I am usually on between 4pm - 5am my time, regardless of the day, unless I am out of the house.
    Below is a schedule of my normal timetable - aka when COVID isn't happening.

Monday - Friday: active between 4pm - 2am.
    May come on for 15 minutes every so often in between 8:30am - 3pm.

Saturday - Sunday: active between 12pm - 5am, usually later until around 3am.
    I do have to take breaks or play games with friends, please don't expect me to be on for 14 hours every day :p

In between this time period anybody can message me on Discord - as I have my second monitor up, I should always be able to reply as quickly as possible :p

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

Longer than most. I first joined around the middle of 2014 on a friend's account, and continued later in the year when I got my own account. I originally registered on the forums to report cheaters/advertisers on Skywars, as it was actually really popular at the time.

At the time my IGN was PCcoolguy100, which as of May 27th, 2019, I no longer have access to.

Have you ever been banned in the past?

Unfortunately, yes. 4 times.

1st; Hacking in Mob Arena on the Mob Arena. Banned by Laini.
    Accepted - [PCcoolguy100] Banned for Hacking in Mob Arena [Kyrxu (Laini)][Accepted] | Skyblock Forums

2nd; Duping/Exploits. Banned by Kerahna.
    Accepted - [Phr33z] Duping/Exploits [Kerahna] [Accepted] | Skyblock Forums

3rd; Duping, banned by Kerahna again.
    This was when I was finally able to get the donkey dupe to work, and in the previous appeal I honestly didn't expect it to work - which is why I said what I did.
    Noobcrew unbanned me a week or two later as I told him how to patch it.

4th; Inappropriate builds, do not appeal. Banned by Michael1234
    I saw a player that I hadn't seen in a long time, and remembered that in 2014 or 2015 he had griefed me.
    I went to his island and there were a lot of inappropriate builds there, I still had an anarchy-swagger about me. So I joined in. This got me banned.

I regret the last three especially, as I had broken Kerahna's trust by unbanning me, and have since learnt from my mistakes. I deeply regret my actions and prefer to leave it in the past.

Do you have any previous experience as a moderator?

Over the past 5 years, I've gained quite a bit of experience over various platforms. I'll go from most recent to the oldest piece of experience.

- For a while I set up a server running Paper on localhost to play on and test things out. Got myself used to the Essentials plugin again, used to /ban, /tempban, /kick and /mute again (I soon realised the server doesn't use Essentials for bans and instead uses LiteBans, which is paid. I got my hands on a cracked release and have been using it).

- A server that went down that was owned by a former player here. I was co-owner and the server never had players, so we got friends and messed around on it from time to time.

- Discord and forums moderator for a CS:GO cheat that was leaked and never released.

- Another server owned by a former and a current player. I was staff as a "Developer", and what got me into Minecraft server managing in the first place and was 12 at the time.
    I changed the login authentication to offline mode so I could play at school, unaware of the conflicts caused by the plugins and the risks of offline mode... which caused the server to crash repeatedly for 2 weeks and I was demoted (only expected).

Do you meet the requirements for staff and have 2FA Enabled?

Yes and yes.

upload_2020-4-29_15-59-54.png

Discord: phr33z#8881.

Thanks! If you rate no support or neutral, I wouldn't mind some feedback :)

• Support Support x 39
    • Neutral Neutral x 5
    • No Support No Support x 1
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Glad to be first :D
    You have a support from me, you are helpful kind and experienced. You fit the role perfectly
    Good luck :p

3. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100

4. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

s

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  5. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Thanks

...and ouch

6. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Heya PC,

I sometimes see you online and about, I believe you also have potential but I need to see more of it before I can support so neutral for now. :)

Best of luck

7. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Thanks for the feedback!

8. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    suport ur nice maybe help more also a greek speaking mod would be cool

9. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    I'm going to put no-support for now, I saw you using alts and winning at the drop party, getting banned for duping a couple times, but if you can convince me out of these, I will put a neutral.

10. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    1 Alt was allowed and the account 2015Spawn was online but I believe there wasn't another account online. The duping part is correct.

11. WhatsUpDoc

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    whoa they were??? I thought they weren't :p

12. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback.
    What Pilous said, and I stated that I regret duping and breaking Kerahna’s trust, but I’m putting it behind me as that’s not the type of person that I want to be here.

13. WhatsUpDoc

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    well, I understand fully that you are sorry, I messaged someone about if alts were allowed at the dp, they said no and this could be a doorway to more cheats that could come. I will probably remain no-support.

14. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Support! You seem very qualified with your past experiences, and most of your application looks great. You have gotten banned many times though. I understand that it was in the past, and there is nothing else you can do about it, but since I have seen you online a lot, and helping others in the chat, im sure you would make a great staff member. Still, work on ensuring that you will never get banned again, and helping other players understand that you are sorry, and won't do it again. Good luck!

15. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    You seem nice but I would like you to be on discord more :’ neutral

16. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Thanks!

I'm working on it :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Not a problem. Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to do my best to change your mind ;)

17. WhatsUpDoc

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    Aight, I’ll look for ya in game!

18. BabyYoda777

BabyYoda777 Active Member

IGN:
    Cosmoschaos
    Imma have to stick with neutral because of the inactivity so far, and u talking about quitting. Idk if ur really fully committed

19. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Thanks for the feedback!

I am working on activity, and I usually am on every day. As you are living in the USA (I think? I may be wrong) I'm often online while you're asleep. So far in the past month or two I've been online pretty much every day, except 2 days where I was grinding Call of Duty.

And that's true - I was considering quitting as when I log on I often find myself out of anything to do, except for chatting, helping people out and jumping around on my island. I'm pretty much online from 10am to 2am on Discord so that's not really a problem, what is a problem is my activity on Discord. I do need to bump that up

keyword: was

20. Greyy

Greyy Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BannedSauce
    Support :D you've always been there to help us and im pretty sure you'll help plenty others. Your the most awesome guy i know. Happy to see you apply cause your the best. Lol i had nothin to say much but keep up the good work m8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.