Accepted [Parrot2019] Inappropriate Chat/Racism/DDoS Threats [Bossgamer] [Shortened]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Parrot, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parrot

Parrot Guest

1. Server/platform (Classic / Skyblock / Forums / Discord ): Skyblock.
    2. In-game name: Parrot2019
    3. Full exact Ban Message: hacked acc
    4. Did you read the rules ? yes.
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned? My account was hacked, the hacker targeted multiple people, threatening to DDOS, saying ni****, while spamming.
    6. Was this an incorrect ban? I take full responsibility for this matter, however I was not the perpetrator.
    7. Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? I was banned on discord once.
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned? I have retrieved the account back, made the password very strong unlike the one i've been using for nearly 4 years.

2. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    ~Tagging banning moderator Bossgamer

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

3. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Hey Parrot, thanks for appealing. I hope you can understand everything that I say in this post.

As you can tell we don't take hacked accounts lightly, and furthermore this isn't the first time this has happened to you. The staff have to follow the protocol of 'your account, your responsibility' and we try to resonate that around the community as much as we can.
    I am not accusing you of doing anything however it is also questionable how you retrieved the account back so quick, especially as in these situations where the email has changed (which you had told me had happened), you are required to contact Mojang and prove to them that you purchased the account, usually with a transaction.
    Also, unless the hacker was someone who knows you very well, they wouldn't know which server to go on and they wouldn't know that Skyblock is one of the servers you play on the most, yet the hacker targeted Skyblock, even though Skyblock may not be in their server list.

So, my account was hacked. | Skyblock Forums

Hopefully, you can understand that we do not make exceptions for people, and we are unable to make an exception for your account. I and a few other fellow staff members have discussed the situation and decided that keeping you banned is the necessary path to take, we are still unable to trust your account as this has happened multiple times. I will be shortening the ban to 7 days as the 31-day ban was due to precaution and safety of the community, e.g DDoS threats.

I'll leave this appeal open if you would like to further discuss the situation.

4. Parrot

Parrot Guest

Skyblock is the only server in my server list, as well as my direct connect.

It took me about 15 minutes to find the email saying the email was changed, and it took me nearly 4 hours to get it back. This was going back through paypal, what date I started playing, etc.

However, thank you for at least shortening it. I appreciate it.

Lock and archive please.

5. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.