Origin of your minecraft/forums username

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Moist Frapple, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Moist Frapple

Moist Frapple Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MoistFrapple
    We all have stories about how we came across creating our unique usernames so let's share;

Moist Frapple stems from 12 y/o me creating a username for Runescape or something along those lines and thinking Moist was a cool word because I was just hitting puberty and moist is sexual as I thought. Frapple was created by merging two words together, apples and something obviously beginning with 'fr', thus resulted in the infamous Moist Frapple. It has just stuck with me ever since.

2. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    my friend had the name TheEpicDiamond (numbers) or something like that so i made my name TheEpicEmerald and ya went from there

3. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Got Minecraft in jul 22nd something like that 2012 my sister was helping me come up with a name and we both watched captain sparklez so I got this name

4. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    old username for a game i no longer play (pls dont ask what game)

5. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Well, Years ago, I used to play Pixelmon Mod on minecraft, I was a pro at it. and I had bunch of legendaries.

so I changed my IGN to Arceuz. (I might change my IGN in the future)

6. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I'll go through my names:

krissy_punk: So when I was in my emo phase, my friend told me I was punk because I kept talking about how to rebel. The krissy part was just my nickname I made up because I was never given a nickname

Krissy_x: I was sick of my ign, so I thought i was cool... added _x and dropped the punk. Also because I stopped talking to the friend that gave me that punk name.

Krystxl: My name, basically

Jungkook_: Youngest and adorable member of BTS
    Dl79S1oUUAALo4s.jpg

Ursoo: basically an exclamation in Korea relating to traditional dance and music, and a part of this wonderful song

7. ToSLive

ToSLive Member

Firstly, I created my account back many, many years ago, using an email that I cannot even log into or confirm my identity for so I cannot verify the Minecraft account, change the name or anything like that which is a massive problem for me, especially since some things - such as actually changing my name - require a verified account. It's through GMail and none of the passwords, or the "Forgot Password" things work because it doesn't believe it's me.

ToS was a "clan" I had on Call of Duty but I can't, for the life of me, remember what it actually stood for, but I remember someone making a joke which really annoyed me at the time (because I was like 10 or something [I'm 18 now] and would get triggered easily), which was that ToS stood for Terms of Service, so now I just think of my name like that.
    I think the "Live" part was because of a Twitch channel I tried to make but failed miserably with haha.

8. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    So I started with an account "Thelegendarybert" (it's my alt now) that I got from my brother that he got from his friend and then in like early 2016 I was having some issues cause it wasn't really my account and I was applying so I was desperate to get a new account that is fully mine and then a very good friend of mine gave me his alt account and really thanks to him that I got this account and the name of it was yet CactusBooty which I liked but I changed it to bertgamer333 because of fungamer333 y'know I like to change my name similar to other people's Ign and then I changed it to IAmBasicallyBert because of IAmBasicallyJesus (I believe it was Jess' nickname or something I cant remember) and then changed it to BertNade_ because of Lemonade and then changed it to BertBerry (Finally) but I changed it again to HIVBanana (I got banned on a server for that name) because of a friend of mine telling me that they would feed me an HIV Banana if I keep spamming them (Its in my info tab) lmao anyways it was weird times and I kept changing it back from BertBerry to a new name and then again to BertBerry... so I changed it again to MrStealYourBerts because of MrStealYourGirl and then changed it back... then changed it again to Bert_or_is_it because of Laura_or_is_it :heart:33 and then to BertAndErnie because some people said that I remind them of Bert and Ernie and then back to BertBerry and I changed my name to BertTheBerry and JackOBerry once (because of halloween)... so yea

And if you are wondering how I got my "bertberry" ign well when I was thelegendarybert people would call me bert and then I decided to add "berry" to it mostly because of Cheshrawr ChibiBerry so ye

9. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Well Laini is my name so I messed around with that a little.

Now my name is 250ml and that is because I was looking at the amount of drink in my fruit shoot

Yes I know that’s stupid

• Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Cookie x 1
  10. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    I needed an IGN for minecraft that was somewhat nerdy and, unique, so I came up with Mr_Gallifrey. Still have the ign and I don't change it because that'd make me less unique

11. VonArnout

VonArnout Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VonArnout
    Arnout was taken, added Von in front of it.

12. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

I’m ignoring the first 2 names
    Then came TheTastieDough all I remember was that I wanted an alliteration and it was originally going to be TheDeiciousDough but then that seemed to be taken much to my surprise.
    Then it was Doughhh and to be honest I have no idea why, but I think I got the feeling that the tastie bit was cringey and I just wanted Dough but added h’s because Dough was taken.
    Then it was TrickOrDough - I’ll leave that one for you to answer.
    Then Doughx, again I think someone took Doughhh so I thought of the next best thing.
    Ouch, Doughgamer333. fungamer333
    Then accomplishes_ which we will not speak of
    Oh.. then doigh where I spelt my name wrong heh oops
    Got Doughh and Doughhh again, no idea why.
    Then the last of the Dough came around! TrickOrDough, so it was Halloween again.
    Then came my new style of name, Jamesyyy_ and that was a request of sugarcane.
    Then there was different variants of my irl name like Jxmesss and Jxmesx.
    And now finally Southwark - a London borough and place in central London.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. ToSLive

ToSLive Member

I really like the name "Laini". If you don't mind me asking, where is it from? :eek: I think it sounds cool.

As for Fruit Shoot, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to be your rival for this one and say that I prefer Capri Sun haha

14. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Oh, that’s actually my name, so thank you! It means Soft and Gentle, it’s Swahili. :)

My nickname is currently FruitShoot because that’s where I got my stupid new name from. :’)
    Capri sun is cool too though hehe

15. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    My MC name has always been 52Phenomenon, I've never changed it :p

My name is quite weird so I get asked a lot what it means and it's kind of a cringy story but y'know

When I was younger I used to be really into magic, especially card tricks and stuff. I used to perform for my class and one time my teacher said 'you need a better name!' because I had one but I can't remember what it was. 52 came about because there's 52 cards in a deck, and then someone in my class added phenomenon on the end to make 52Phenomenon and the name stuck :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    I LOVED THE GUARDIANS OF GAHOOLE SERIES OMG

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019
  17. HuskyKiing

HuskyKiing Member

IGN:
    HuskyKiing
    My first username was "breakbusty", made by 7 year old me. I can't remember why, but looking back, I thought breakbusty was a pretty unique name. I played on quite a couple servers with the name "breakbusty" before changing it.
    My 2nd username was Huskymaster. Idk why.
    My 3rd one (and current one) is HuskyKiing. I was playing on a server before I joined this server, and some buddies and I had a little group called "Kiings." Now, I've been banned on that server for like a bot check or something, but it wasn't a reasonable ban.
    Thats the history of my names :)

18. TheEpicWotsit

TheEpicWotsit Active Member

I've only had one name LOL it's always just stuck with me
    The Wotsit(yes, like the orange crisps) part was/is my IRL nickname, and 'TheEpic' was just something I added smh
    I've had it since Minecraft PE

19. Nightflaime

Nightflaime Well-Known Member

Well back in my World of Warcraft moderating days I wanted Nightflame (correct spelling) but it was taken so I added the i to flaime (i being silent). Used Nightflaime ever since up untill recently when I changed my IGN to Legend in chat due to the 24 confermed ma j solo runs I have.

20. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

my first ign was "maisaaa" which is basically my name but with an extra a lmao
    my current ign is "Thurzzday" which i got from The Weeknd's mixtape Thursday. But since Thursday is obv taken, I went with the zz's instead bc I have a thing with saying "Zzz" all the time.

my old forums name was "MaisaaPG" which was so dumb man idek. anyways the PG stood for PlaysGames lmao end me bye

my current forum name is Mai bc Mai is my nickname and I like it better than my actual name
    its pronounced may by the way