[.ORG] (USA) Mbnuss Mod Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by mbnuss, Mar 16, 2013.

1. mbnuss

mbnuss Active Member

Your in-game name: mbnuss

How old are you? I am 15 years old. I've seen a lot of people talking about how mature they are in their posts. To be honest, I am not the most mature person. I try to be as mature as possible when I play on servers and stuff, like this EPIC one. I'm not saying that I pretend to be someone else to get people to like me. I act just as I would normally. It doesn't say anything about maturity in the application format, so I should be ok.

What timezone are you in (please list in GMT form if you can)? EST (-5)

What country do you live in? I live in the United States.

What languages do you speak? I speak English and some Italian.

Have you ever been banned? (if yes, why?) Three times, but I don't know why I was banned the first and third times. It might have been for block building and the server thinking I was flying or something. It didn't say why I was banned on the ban message. The second time was a misunderstanding where a moderator thought i bridged when I didn't. It was all worked out. I was just recently temp-banned for 1 hour by the server. It probably thought I was flying when I wasn't. It wouldn't really make sense considering I now have perms for /fly.

Why do you think you should be a mod? When I find a server that I like, i dedicate my time on the server to making it better for me and the other players. When I get a position on a server, I dedicate my time on the server to being the best at the job and to helping others in any way. I have been playing on Skyblock.Org for some time now, and I know my way around the server. I may annoy the mods, admins, or Noobcrew when people are spamming because when I ask the people to stop, they usually don't. It's as if they think that no one cares because no staff is on. It's like that they think they won't get caught. If I were mod, I would prevent this occurence. Since I joined this server, I have helped the staff as much as I could. I've made many reports about people breaking the rules. If I were to be mod, I could be of even more help than I already am or hope that I am. I've recently seen that posts in the Reports section of the forum aren't as looked at and dealt with as it could be. If I were to become a Moderator, I would actively check these and deal with the problems, so that no one is left unhappy or unsatisfied.

What qualifications do you have? I have been a mod on other servers before. I am good with commands. I am also a quick learner for if there are new commands that I don't know. I am never rude and never hold grudges or lose my temper on a player that is being disrespectful or whatnot.I also try to help people whenever i can on the server and hate it when people spam. Since there have been some problems with World Guard recently, I thought that I should add that since I've been a moderator / admin on another server, that I have experience using LogBlock.

How long can you be active on the server every day? I can be on the server for approximately 3-4 hours every day depending on how much homework I have that day.

How long have you been playing on skyblock.org? I have been playing on skyblock.org for approximately one year.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator? I have been a moderator before on two different servers. I enjoyed my time as moderator on those servers and learned a lot from it. If I get moderator on here, which I hope I do, I wish to learn and experience even more than I've already have. As a moderator, I would try to make everyone happy if there is a conflict. On one of the servers that I was a moderator on, the people that played on the server said that I didn't do anything for the server because I didn't build anything. My response to that was that being a moderator / staff on a server doesn't revolve around building stuff. I helped out all the players with their problems, I didn't build. Other the the building thing, the players seemed to like me.

Thanks for reading and considering my application
    -mbnuss

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. mbnuss

mbnuss Active Member

Edited to include a recent ban and some of my experiences as a moderator. Please feel free to comment your thoughts on my application.

3. Ribal

Ribal New Member

Support :3
    ~RibalReRolling

4. SuperNerdyNate

SuperNerdyNate Active Member

"I support mbnuss idea"

5. mbnuss

mbnuss Active Member

lol, Thanks for the support

6. Maximilian

Maximilian Senior Member

*I support...*
    Too lazy to finish off

7. Iamandrewj

Iamandrewj Active Member

^^what he said

8. mbnuss

mbnuss Active Member

Thanks for the support iamandrewj and maximilian500.

9. mbnuss

mbnuss Active Member

I'd like to add that when I have nothing to do on the server, I go around looking for illegal shops, or death warps, etc. If I were to become a Moderator, I would be able to deal with these things myself. I feel like I'm annoying a moderator if there is a moderator online to fix these things. If I became a Moderator, I would be able to fix these things on my own and not have to annoy the other Moderators.

10. Iamandrewj

Iamandrewj Active Member

Ehhh "annoy" use something else like ask ;)

11. mbnuss

mbnuss Active Member

lol. I said annoy because of the fact that it happens so much, not that I annoy them about a single event. It's the fact that I ask them to fix so many different things, not that I annoy them about 1 thing constantly.

12. james14

james14 Well-Known Member

This guy is the most strict person I have every seen on this server he got mad a t me for giving him melons he would make a great mod

13. mbnuss

mbnuss Active Member

Lol, I didn't get mad at you, I just didn't want the melons.

14. james14

He didn't get mad but he didn't want my melons and the real question here is why didn't you want the melons are you hideing a evil hatred for melon slices do you want a melon slice hater as a mod :p jk make him a mod just do t tell him about my dirt and ice shop that doesn't exist

15. mbnuss

mbnuss Active Member

SHHH. You weren't supposed to tell anyone about my secret hatred.

16. McBird

McBird Active Member

Good luck mbnuss im sure youll do well :)

17. james14

Oh no ummmm he doesn't hate melons just people who give him melons did that help XD

18. mbnuss

mbnuss Active Member

I'd like to add that I am very active in trying to keep the PvP area hacker free, even though its not a PvP server. I also see in some Applications that people "advertise" on the servers stuff like "Msg me if you have any questions." I don't do this because it is basically saying that I want to help you publicly so that people see that you help people because that is what they look for in moderators I believe.

19. awesomeyoshi64

awesomeyoshi64 Active Member

I wish you the best of luck. :)

20. mbnuss

mbnuss Active Member

What is luck? lol, thanks.