Denied [OliveU2] Ads. (leadermelody)[Denied]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by OliveU2, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OliveU2

OliveU2 New Member

Server name (.net / .org ): Skyblock.net
    In-game name: OliveU2
    Full exact Ban Message: 'Reason: Ads. Appeal @ Skyblock Forums -leadermelody'
    Did you read the rules ? Yes.
    Why do YOU think you were banned? I believe that it was either a mistake in circumstance or that I was mistaken for another player (I know that there's a command to simplify player search where I myself have made mistakes using it. )
    Was this an incorrect ban? Yes. I have no doubt in my mind it was a mistake.
    Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? I have not, however my younger brother has been banned in the past when he was mistaken for another user in a fast-moving chat. (I trust that he is telling the truth that his ban was also an error and will help him set up an account in order to submit a ban appeal soon and leave it up to the moderators to decide on.)
    Why do you think you should be unbanned? I think I should be unbanned solely for the fact that my ban was a mistake. An important thing to add is that I was not banned in-game, so this ban occurred after I had disconnected. Which means that I don't recall even receiving a warning for offenses of any sort, so the ban came as a complete surprise just today. Most of all, after reading the forum post listing lengths of different bans for different offenses, and assuming that the 31-days listed under the 'Server Rules' forum is still correct, I don't feel that it's justified for me to wait out a month-long ban for an action I did not commit. Had it been for a a few days would have been a different story and I'd avoid the hassle of writing this and patiently wait it out.

Context of the ban (or so I assume):
    Because I have not been active on Skyblock.net for several months to even over a year, I had been inspired by the skyblock servers I did well on starting just this year and I decided that I wanted to start over with a new island. I am not pleased with it as it is and figured it would be easier to get rid of it entirely instead of breaking it down. Because of this, at the time my chat activity consisted of me offering to give away stacks of my valuable items such as grass blocks to the first user to message me. (I had done the same thing days before because I had quite a bit saved up and did not encounter any problems.) I also offered cobblestone as well as other common items I had such as seeds and building blocks to anyone who wanted them. I had not been on to socialize in a long time, so I had no one on the server who I could trust leaving my valuable items with, so it all had to go.
    I absolutely do not remember advertising on this server and it's something that I would never do normally.
    It's really upsetting that this was the beginning of my new start on this server, but I understand that it was most likely a harmless mistake, so I hope it can be resolved soon! Thank you!
    (Forgive any spelling errors, please.)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

3. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

4. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hidden Content:
    Hello, I'll be dealing with your appeal seen as leadermelody is no longer available to do so.
    Usually people don't get banned for no reason, so I'll just double check on your ban.

5. OliveU2

OliveU2 New Member

Okay, thanks! I hope we can get this figured out soon.

6. OliveU2

OliveU2 New Member

I just realized a HUGE error on my part, can this thread be removed? I

7. OliveU2

OliveU2 New Member

I just realized a HUGE error on my part, can this thread be removed? My apologies..

8. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

I will archive it, Olive. If you wish, you can delete the thread yourself by clicking the delete button on the very first post by you on this thread. The delete button is at the bottom of your post.

9. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.