Denied [NZ] Cave's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Ca1, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

FOREWORD
    For those of you who are going to judge a book by its cover, going to just give No Support because of my immature past, I suggest you click or tap out of my application right now. I believe I have changed, and I want to have changed. Also, please do not base your support on my application length. I believe it is the quality of the player and moderator application, not the quantity.

INTRO
    Just thought I would add a mini-intro into my application so you could get to know me a little better. So my IRL name is not Ben, it is Caleb. I currently live in Auckland, New Zealand. I have 2 brothers, a dog and a cat.
    Your in-game name:

My in-game name is CavemanBen, I do not plan on changing it ever. My forums username is Cave as well.
    What timezone are you in?

Pacific/Auckland time zone.
    12:00 AM = Midnight
    12:00 PM = Noon.
    (GMT + 12)
    What country do you live in?

I currently live in the country of New Zealand, I am not moving to any other country until about 9 years time. After 9 years I probably will still be living in New Zealand so you do not have to worry about that.
    What languages do you speak?

I am going to be completely honest with this one, as I know of lots of people who do lie about their languages. I do not speak a long range of languages. Some of the languages I speak consist of:
    English (Full language)
    French (Basic words)
    Maori (Full language)
    Italian (Basic words)
    Do you have 2FA (2 factor authentication) enabled? [Yes]/No

Woop woop, yes I do in fact have 2 factor authentication enabled and it is working without any problems.
    Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

I know how to take screenshots on Minecraft, I use bandicam (screen recorder). I also know how to use these screen recorders, just in case my bandicam crashes and I cannot use it:​
    Krut
    Krut Computer Recorder

recordMyDesktop
    About recordMyDesktop

GLC

FFMpeg
    FFmpeg

Fraps
    (FRAPS game capture video recorder fps viewer)

Screencastifiy
    (Screencastify)

Why do you think you should become a mod?

I have multiple reasons on why I think I should become a mod.
    Helpful:

Have you ever seen greenies/non donators spamming chat because they want something they don' tneed? I think all of you have. Well I actually give them what they want. Whether it range from 1 skybuck to 1 million. Whether it range from 1 Iron Ingot to a Beacon. I give them it. I just hope it makes their day. It is important to make them smile. I also provide helpful information to players: etc:​

Player100: HELP!! I lost my lava can someone give me a lava bukcit?

Me: Hey Player100, You cannot trade or give lava buckets to other players. But I can give you this obsidian, and 3 iron ingots, then you can craft a bucket. Then Right-Click the obsidian with your bucket, and alas, you have lava.

Player1oo: WOW! Thanks so much :heart:

I can and will also refund scams, as I have lots of spare items.
    Protected:

My Minecraft account has a very strong password, I doubt anyone could guess it. My forums account is secured with 2 factor authentication, so nobody except me could hack this. If my Minecraft accountishacked, I shall immediately change my password.
    Experience:

I am familiar with moderator commands, as I used to be a moderator on a server similar to this with the exact same plugins. I also know how to deal with negative attitudes towards people, or just in general. I have experienced all of these in my minecraft days.

Activity:

My activity is at a good level, enough to keep the players happy, enough to keep me healthy and not sick. Look at my activity in the section below, "How long can you be active on the server everyday?"
    Leadership:

If you actually read my mini-introduction, I have been elected as head-boy for my school of 1200 students, and that shows major leadership skills. 3 other people and I have to run a school of 1200 students, along with the school staff team. We come up with new ideas for the school, to benefit the students and everyone else. I hope this could be the same with me and the SkyBlock community, Me and the other staff members coming up with ideas to add to the server to benefit the players.
    Respect:

I think everyone deserves equality, whether you are a Highroller or GreenBean, Donor10 or Donor25, Black or white, Chinese or English, Korean or Russian, all of the things above deserve equality. I am not biased at all.
    Mature:

One minute I can be a fun and playful and nice person, and the next minute if someone is breaking the rules I will be stern and tell them to stop, or they will be reported by me.
    Honest:

I have been known to lie, and I am ashamed to say, yes I have lied to some of our staff and other players. I believe I have changed, and I am a better person than what I was before. Please accept that I have changed. I will now be completely honest with everything I say.
    Fast Typer:

I have taken a WPM (words per minute) test and here were my results:
    [​IMG]
    Friendly:

I have lots of friends, and I am easy to approach. This shows players can have ease when approaching me and I do not have any hate against anyone.
    Tapatalk:

I have the full version of Tapatalk installed so I can use commands like /kick and /ban while in the tapatalk application.
    Mod Commands:

I just thought I should add these to show I know:
    /kick <playername>
    /ban <playername> (reason/s)
    /tempban <playername> (time) (reason/s)
    /mute <player> (time)
    /tphere <playername>
    /tp <playername>
    /tphere <playername>
    /invsee <playername>
    /st <message> [staff chat]
    /lb lookup <playername> [log block]
    /lb tool [Log block] ​

• Support Support x 4
    • No Support No Support x 3
  2. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

Monday:-
    On Monday I have school, it goes from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm (New Zealand Time)

I can be active from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Monday. (New Zealand time) (2 hours)

Tuesday:-
    On Tuesday I also have school.

I can be active from 3:00pm to 6:00pm on Tuesday. (New Zealand time) (3 hours)

Wednesday:-
    Obviously, on Wednesday I have school.

I can be active from 3:00pm to 6:00pm on Wednesday.

Thursday:-
    Duh, on Thursday I have school.

I can be active from 3:00pm to 6:00pm on Thursday.

Friday:-
    I do still have school but I can be active longer.

I can be active from 3:00pm to 7:00pm on Friday.

Saturday:-
    On Saturday I have soccer matches.

I can be active from 11:00am to 8:00 pm on Saturday.

Sunday:-

I can be active from 8:30am to 8:30 pm on Sunday.
    Please note that these are all in New Zealand time. I can be active on tapatalk 24/7.
    How long have you been playing Skyblock?

I have been playing skyblock since the early days of 2013.
    Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

Unfortunately, yes I have. I have been banned once on skyblock.org for a scam, but it was cleared up and was a little mistake. On forums, I have been perm banned for spamming once, and have been temp-banned for disrespect/similar and "carrot thieving" but I hope you can forgive me.
    Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

Yes I do. I have been a full moderator on a server just like this one, with the same plugins and same plugin provider. This means I do know all the moderator commands.

I do have TeamSpeak 3, Username : cavemanben
    Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No

Yes I believe I do.
    ===============================================

The purpouse of this application is to get feedback on what I should do better to become a mod. Please leave feedback.

3. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Emerald I completely understand the no support, could I have some feedback on what I could do better please? :heart:

4. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    You are very immature/rude, although I am seeing some progression. When I see you on, you are not helping

5. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

I will have to say no support for now, I do not see you helping in-game nor on forums. You are a bit rude and immature..
    Good luck though

6. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Thank you for all the feedback.

7. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

You say you've changed but I yet want to see it.
    -
    About a few days ago you spammed my trading thread with messages saying that I scam and all this. Why? Was it necessary? Many people had said they successfully traded with me - not once I have scammed or been banned. You don't qualify for moderator, once I see you change I will reconsider but for now I am a very strong no support.

Good luck :]

8. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    A few days ago he was banned. He's changed.

Support Ben. Gl mate

9. EquineShanghai

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    To be fair when I see other of your fellow mods online, they aren't doing s*** except fooling around. The chat is filled with them

10. athyrix

If he was banned, why? It's most likely breaking a rule. My support remains the same.

11. EquineShanghai

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    I don't know if you noticed. He was banned for I believe a month first. Came back, did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and got banned for another week. Not for breaking a rule

12. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Other people were on my account, I have since enabled 2fa

13. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

You used to be very rude/immature. You've changed a little bit but every time I see your name all I see is your past. You also have been post farming a lot recently (which you should know what post farming if you know the rules). You have an incredible amount of warnings on the forums and a fair few were recent. I'm going to have to say no support this time, sorry.

14. athyrix

You shouldn't really share your details if you're applying for staff. This makes me even more certain not to support you.

15. xphstos37

xphstos37 Experienced Member

Ben, what I like about you is that you were so active, one of the regulars from a year and a half ago when I started playing here...always said hello to everyone when you logged on and kept the chat lively, and I just love your builds. You have a great imagination for building, seriously. You even made a couple new islands after you got so massively and terribly hacked, you stuck through all that phase when most would have just quit. For all these reasons, I wish you good luck. : )
    Support.

EDIT:

I'd also like to add that his new shop had the cheapest stuff on all the server...a stack of cobble for $10, for example...and when I told Ben to charge more for his stuff, he said he didn't want to. When he said he was quitting for a while for school, he gave all his stuff away to everyone. If you ever asked him for help, he would give it to you. He also fills a time gap when more mods are needed and has a great application. He is qualified for the position and no amount of disagree ratings from mods will change that fact.​

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  16. EquineShanghai

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    Ok. Im actually dying now.. Emerald why the disagree? hm? its photor's opinion about him. Secondly, to back up my point of no mods actually helping online. Who the hell has ever offered to help those who are bullied? Theres one example that I am very pissed off about. Ben would help, would you? Emerald

17. Beez

Beez Well-Known Member

You were very rude to me and I do not see you helping at all. No support

18. poggers

poggers Senior Member

No support, reasons above.

19. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

all this rudeness and immaturity and yet no one gives examples????

support

20. EquineShanghai

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    ^^^ go fromage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.