New Mob Arena (Donor only)

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by carpig, Jul 30, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpig

carpig Member

Right now, the Mob Arena is time consuming, and it isn't too fun overall, even with the prizes. So I think there should be a 20 round mob arena. Let me begin. The mobs will be scaled to be very strong, with endermen and creepers. This will make the mob arena tougher so the worth of items doesn't go down as much. Make the classes a little stronger, but mostly to work more against the new mobs. The prizes will be better, and the bosses will be tougher. The boss on round 10 will be the wither. The boss on round 20 will be the ender dragon. This will make the game tougher in the sense that you're being rewarded even more than before. You guys can choose the prizes, but make the game overall more fast-paced and challenging so it balances out. This will make people become donors as well, since this mob arena will be very rewarding, at the cost of challenges (and maybe an entrance fee). I removed the donor-only part, and as clarification I mean I won't state the prize changes. Or overall just keep the same prizes, and make it 2* as difficult. If it is more fast-paced, the difficulty can make up for it. It would be like a secondary mob arena, for people who think they're good at combat, or just want to play something while waiting for the other mob arena, or just a quick thing to play.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No support the mob arena is made hard so you can get good prices and time consuming is part of that and if you aren't having fun its maybe because its not meant for you

3. carpig

carpig Member

Maybe so, but are you really having fun? I never said the mob arena was hard, and actually I want this new one to be harder. And this is my opinion, as well as "good prices"? I think you mean the potential market drop if this update were to happen. The Mob Arena is already too easy most people say. And half of the time you can't even get 5 people to do the mob arena, so please define "fun". I don't think people enjoy the mob arena that much since it doesn't feel fast-paced, and it should move faster possibly making more people play it. I enjoy it, but as I said in the thread before this there needs to be balancing. And 40 rounds isn't that fun to me, and it may be to you but I rather have a challenge rather than sitting there left/right clicking. It comes down to patience, and I rather be running the market than playing a mob arena for 40 minutes.

4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    No support. I dont think it will be that fun plus like 60% of the arena are non donors and we need also donors to help them out too. Plus having enderdragon as the boss is a bad idea as (depending on the arena's size if its small then it would barely have space to fly) and it might even destroy the blocks. And It would be kinda be more "op" for us donors to choose our own prizes. I prefer the current one.

5. carpig

carpig Member

Very true. This 1, could be for everyone. And by I mean you choose the prize, I mean make prizes for everyone not "I want a spawner." True, it might not be as fun. Though I kinda want a faster-paced arena. The arena could be a bit larger, and have objects that can be destroyed by the ender dragon, but also used as protection against the ender dragon. I'm not sure though. If there were barrier blocks, then there would be no problem with the walls, and it could be fun to have to avoid holes in the floor while fighting the ender dragon. But you are right, it might not be fun, and it most likely won't work out. Thank you for the reply though!

6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Mob arena isn’t fun and rather than make another arena, we need another game. If you think you will get more donors to play by making the arena harder when we can’t even fill the current one then you are mistaken. The only way you will get donors to play is to make the arena super easy with a rare prize because we like to get things easy. And that can’t happen

7. carpig

carpig Member

Very true. This 1, could be for everyone. And by I mean you choose the prize, I mean make prizes for everyone not "I want a spawner." True, it might not be as fun. Though I kinda want a faster-paced arena. The arena could be a bit larger, and have objects that can be destroyed by the ender dragon, but also used as protection against the ender dragon. I'm not sure though. If there were barrier blocks, then there would be no problem with the walls, and it could be fun to have to avoid holes in the floor while fighting the ender dragon. But you are right, it might not be fun, and it most likely won't work out. Thank you for the reply though!
    I changed it so instead it would be for everyone. As well, it is tough to make a game for skyblock. I would think maybe a build challenge or such, contrasting the fighting of the mob arena. Thank you for replying!

8. DarkSummoner

DarkSummoner Member

Neutral; I wouldn’t mind if this was implemented, but I wouldn’t advocate for it myself. I think the idea of the mob arena is that its meant to be grindey rather than difficult (time-consuming vs. annoying). Some may find it fun, some might not. However, I don’t know if people would find a difficult mob arena to be fun either.

I think a variety of minigames would probably be better than multiple instances of one, when it comes to replayability.

Also, the bosses are a little ridiculous, especially when you consider the ender dragon straying from the arena and flying straight through an unfortunate player’s island.

9. carpig

carpig Member

I changed it so instead it would be for everyone. As well, it is tough to make a game for skyblock. I would think maybe a build challenge or such, contrasting the fighting of the mob arena. Thank you for replying!
    Very true. Personally, I think difficulty would beat grinding for me just because I rather push to my limits instead of playing for a while to maybe get nothing. And multiple minigames would be nice, but the problem would be which minigames, and the rewards. Thank you for the reply!

10. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Neutral, donors get enough of an advantage over the economy already. I wouldn’t want to see huge rewards in a new arena.

11. carpig

carpig Member

Did you read the whole thing? I said I remove the donor-only part. 2, no donors don't have much of an advantage. Yes they have an advantage in building (because of /fly), they can buy items (which is probably the biggest benefit in the economy), and they have colors in chat (good for advertising). I only recommend this since we were promised a special class, though it was made for everyone (even non-donors). Huge rewards aren't even needed. It just needs to be quicker. The advantage would be minimal as not many people would play, and it would be difficult that you would be losing much more than in the normal arena. Thank you for the reply!

12. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    High donors do, we have large kits.
    Your title mislead me, if you no longer want the suggestion to be donor only, remove it from the thread name.
    I still stand by my points.

13. carpig

carpig Member

Sorry, I'm kinda new to the forums so I don't know how to do that. Though for (right now) $120 (even with sales for 50% or more) paying that much for a slight - medium advantage is nice, but not everyone has the money to afford high donors. Yes, they do have huge advantages over non-donors, but having large kits doesn't mean we don't want more. As well, this might entice more people to become donors, which is good for the server. It's just an idea, and there are many disadvantages and advantages to everything.

14. TropicalSleep

TropicalSleep Active Member

Great idea
    A new game would be awesome I think everyone is trying to change mob arena too much. Like Krissy said, let's just get a new minigame already. (I suggest spleef)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.