Economy Nether being pointless

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ravox_J, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Ravox_J

Ravox_J Active Member

IGN:
    Ravox_J
    I understand that the nether has nerfed drops as it would mess up the economy by flooding the items but I have mined up to about 50 or 60 quartz ore just to get 1 in return? Glowstone is slightly better but is not great whatsoever. I have fortune 3 which seems makes next to no difference? At the rate that ores (and other blocks) seem to drop makes me wonder why the nether is even enabled? Sure, I guess for nether fortresses but those are quickly looted and the ores are left.

Would a rework of the nether drops be considered maybe before the 1.19 update for Skyblock? It would be nice to be able to actually gain something from the nether maybe?

- R_J

2. AlgolC

AlgolC Member

IGN:
    AlgolC
    I absolutely hope the nether is reworked in to being actually usable in the 1.19 update because as it stands now you can spend an hour mining the nether for maybe 10k while an hour of profit shops nets you 200k. I also understand the worry about bots mining but it is already against the rules and is that really worth just throwing up our hands and making the nether useless? Hopefully these concerns have already been addressed in the upcoming 1.19 update.

3. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    Some of the changes they plan to make can be seen in this thread: link
    wich also includes this part:
    • The nether drop rate system has been changed completely, the Fortune enchant will now increase your drop chance rather than the amount of items that will drop. Mainly new players will benefit from this change because we increased the base chance but overall this is a buff for everyone, here is how it'll affect the average drop rates of quartz for example (in comparison to the old Fortune system):
    1. No Fortune: 25% more drops.
    2. Fortune I: 18.6% more drops.
    3. Fortune II: 9% more drops.
    4. Fortune III: 1.6% more drops.

4. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    This will likely balance out after 1.19 as profit shops might die out all together given croppers no longer output the items collected to be fed into chests.
    This won't get you more quartz in the nether, but will remove the pointlessness of making money any way other than using or running profit shops.

Drogo knows there are other non pointless ways, they are just slower.

5. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    25% more drops than what though? More than what drops currently?

Say if you have to mine 40 quartz ore to get 4 quarts, this will increase to 5!
    25% increase might sound nice, but if it's based off current drop rates, it's really not a big improvement.
    25% increase on not a lot is still not a lot.

In fact, normally, fortune III should yield up to 4 quartz, per drop, when it drops. So an increase of 300%
    It would appear that this change reduces that to 25% making quartz even harder to get.

Perhaps some clarification is needed on this.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  6. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    Im sure we will get that once the update rolls out XD

7. Slikassassin

Slikassassin Active Member

IGN:
    Slikassassin123
    once the server updates there will be several new biomes and structures to make the nether more worth it to explore

8. Ravox_J

Ravox_J Active Member

IGN:
    Ravox_J
    Sure exploring is fun and i do look forward to that very much but it would become very boring after a while with no monetary incentive to continue exploring months after the update with how the nether is currently set up.

9. Xelnagahunter

Xelnagahunter Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    GodAwfulGaming
    Minecraft exploration is fine and dandy when done in a survival SP world. Even on a survival SMP it can be fun for a while. The purpose of skyblock, in my opinion, is not to explore. It's to ustilize the features of the game in a way that allows for impossible gameplay to be possible. The sheer number of people who wracked their brains to figure out how to do the things - that most of us take for granted in the modern game - is what made playing skyblock fun, especially back in 2012.

As said by Ravox, monetary incentive is a strong requirement.

• Winner Winner x 1