Accepted .NET Appeal 31 Days

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Vitality_x, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vitality_x

Vitality_x Member

1. Server name (.net / .org ): .net
    2. In-game name: Vitality_x
    3. Full exact Ban Message: Staff harrasment. Appeal on Forums.
    4. Did you read the rules ? Yes.
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned? Staff Harrasment.
    6. Was this an incorrect ban? It was completely correct.
    7. Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? Griefing but I made an appeal. or I got unbanned, either way.
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned? I completely deserved this as in saying “It’s for when I need it” and “I have blackmail” but I completely deserve this, It was childish and completely irrelevant. I can’t say I don’t deserve this, this has happened alot before it’s cause I exploit one simple detail into an argument and I should’ve left it but I went farther. out of the bottom of my heart I’m very sorry. I really do not want to be banned from my favorite server.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  2. Akrill

Akrill Well-Known Member

No, this ban is not for asking Fatal about anything. It's about what happened prior to that.

Starting from the top, user in question threw a fit because I didn't acknowledge "MOD" typed in all chat as a valid reason to reply.
    When told to PM staff if in need of help, an argument broke out instead.
    Moving past this, user attempted to get under my skin multiple times by using petty to arguably serious methods.
    It ranged between indirect messages, to efforts to have me singled out by other users. The latter failed, as most players believed I had done nothing wrong.

This all culminated into a permanent ban as a result of the user resorting to blackmail, for their own benefit. To quote them: "[...]
    To quote what was said at the time:
    "[15:57:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Donor] Vit: I have blackmail on akrill
    [15:57:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Akrill: Go report it to Cyp, Vitality
    [15:57:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Donor] Vit: it's for when I need it"
    The exact quote is here because if need be, it can be looked up in the server sided chat logs.

I have deemed that their current behaviour is completely inacceptable. To allow them to continue to play, I want to make sure this behaviour is corrected.
    The reason I have chosen a permanent ban over a temporary in this case is because I don't believe a timed punishment will not result in them reflecting on their behaviour.
    This will ensure that the chance of a reform of the player is at least there, and will provide a justifiable way of denying the user's appeal or request for a shortened punishment, as they have been given the chance of not repeating the same mistake.

Since the Easter Drop Party is soon, I will be extremely critical of the appeal, as it's not unreasonable to "smooth talk" as a way to get unbanned for Easter.

Note: As the plugin limits the ban for 31 days, I will refresh it to keep it "permanent".
    That said, it will only be refreshed as long as the appeal is not accepted.

3. Vitality_x

Vitality_x Member

You’re completely correct and I have re-done the Appeal. I can say you’re probaby not gonna accept it.

4. Akrill

Akrill Well-Known Member

I'll reduce it to 7 days.
    However; if you get banned for something like this in the future, let it be known that I will take over the appeal, if it was done by another Moderator.
    This is your sole chance of not repeating this kind of behaviour.

Archived.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.