Withdrawn Neon's staff application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by botia, May 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    Hey there! I'm Neon, a player who is known by (probably) most of the people around the server! I've decided to apply for the Helper position on the server! I've been around for half a year now (6 months) and I recently withdrew this application to reapply. I hope you guys give your best opinion, and thanks for reading! Please do not call me botia or botiaman though, as I've dropped that name. I won't go into depth of this. You are free to call me Neon though! I recently graduated, so I have tons of time on my hands!

My username:
    My username is PATHTrain, which my nickname around Skyblock is Neon. I am no longer seen in the Skyblock Discord due to my banning there, which I broke the TOS. Although I may not be in the server, I do have access to a Discord account, which is Neon#0753. You can also find this in my Forums bio.

My timezone:
    I am in the EST timezone, which is in the United States. I'm currently living in New Jersey, if that helps.

Am I fluent in other languages?
    I am very fluent in English (US) and I've learned some most important parts of Spanish, and if I fail to understand other languages, I can use the Google Translate program.

Do you have the necessary needs to capture evidence?
    I have access to picture and video recording programs! These include Snipping Tool (Windows Built-In), Gyazo, F2 (Minecraft Built-In), and OBS, which may not run the best but it has great FPS and mostly smooth videos.

How active can I be on the server?
    Since it is summer now, I will usually wake up around 12 or 1 PM and start being active around that time. I then go to sleep at 4 or 3 AM. It seems like an unhealthy schedule, which it sadly is, but I'm working my way around it!

When did I first join Skyblock?
    I joined the Skyblock server on December 27, 2020. Since then, I've been with this community for 6 months as of when this post was edited. I would say this is close to 1 year on the server, but since it took a long time to even get to 6 months, I wouldn't consider even calling it that.

Have I ever been banned on any platform?
    I have never been banned on skyblock.net, but have been banned on Discord, which is still in effect. I did lose 2 boosts because of it, but I'm not whiny about it.

Have you had past moderation experience?
    I did have a past moderation experience in a server unrelated to Skyblock, which sadly shutdown, and I've lost contact with the server owner.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

Helpful
    Sometimes I can be helpful around the server, Skyblock, Economy, and sometimes even Classic. These include giving people tips and sometimes even the in-game money.
    Trustworthy

While my application was withdrawn, I've come to think I can be trustworthy around the server. I've only done devastating things once or twice, but I've recovered from all of that.
    Quick personality switchup
    Not sure if this will help at all, but I can quickly switchup my personality. Most of you may have not seen me do this, but it is most definitely possible for me to do.
    Matured
    I don't seem matured because of my usual talking activity, but I've to think I matured by now. Before you make any remarks about this, I am very aware of my activity which may make people offended. I am more than sorry if I have offended you in anyway, and I will do anything to make it up to you.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    Before withdrawal or not, I have met the requirements! I have over 50 messages on the forums, ownership of a Discord account, 2FA enabled on the forums, and registered for 4 months on the forums, approaching 5. I believe these are the requirements, and you may correct me if I missed one.

• No Support No Support x 16
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  2. Sky

Sky Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    No support

Sorry Botia but being active in the discord is a must when becoming staff, and if your banned it won’t work out. Also me and you do have some past experience of you stealing from me but we won’t get into that.

Recommendations:

- add more about yourself

- add more on why you want to become staff

- ask to get unbanned from discord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    FlamingTrees I modified my schedule along with the school, virtual weeks would be days I play Skyblock and the in person days would be days on my break.

The ban happened a long while ago, some staff probably forgot about it or so.
    The looting incident happened in April or March, you can ask SkyGuy.

I can't get it appealed at this moment but in my opinion the best thing I see is that I own a Discord account and that's what matters.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  4. Blade2344

Blade2344 Member

IGN:
    Blade2344
    Hey Botia, I will give you my opinion on your staff application here.

This is the perfect start, you should be clear beforehand if you want the whole thing.
    The fastest way to contact staff members is unfortunately through discord. So in my opinion it is essential to have a Discord account which is not banned.
    I'm about the same with your time zone, but haven't really seen you online.
    So that's not even almost a year. As of today, it's almost half a year, not a whole year.
    I don't judge the past or what happened. But for the application, in my opinion, as a staff member it is not really beneficial to get a "warning" for looting or stealing.
    This 50/50 should first become 100%. For a staff member, the most important thing is to be trustworthy.
    Even though you adjusted your schedule a bit, I think school comes first. I read your thread where you explained that you are taking a break for now. In my opinion, this shows that you are unsure about your schedule (school + Minecraft).

Conclusion:
    I'm not giving you support this time, unfortunately. Above I have given my criticism / compliments to the points. You still have to work on many points, but if I see a change, then I will reconsider my opinion on your application.

5. mogsy172

mogsy172 Active Member

IGN:
    mogsy172
    this is not me ripping into this application, I'm just going to point out the good and bad points of the application, please take the time to read it and understand I have nothing against you.

Right, its great to see you coming back to the server, we love when people come back after a break, however, just because you've come back doesn't make you a great fit, we have players that have played constantly for a year or more, an example is calidre, in my opinion he would be a better fit.

You say a long time, however, you've been on the server for about half a year now, its not an incredibly long time considering how long the server has been a thing.

that isn't the best of things, and then ending the sentence with "so yeah" makes it seem that you don't really care about the situation.

This is a positive, having more than one language may be helpful when helping out foreign players on the server.

I don't quite understand what you mean here, was it just a normal server you moderated? also have you got evidence of that, its easy to say that you did it but anyone can say that.

I can't tell if your asking us or telling us, also 50% trustworthy, that's not the sort of thing a player looking for moderator should be saying, the fact you know that you're not trustworthy isn't a good sign for the rest of the community unfortunately.

again you're not selling yourself by saying "kinda" that's not what the server needs, if you know you're not mature then what would stop you banning or muting people for no reason or messing about (showing immaturity).

Also final point, you talk about meeting all requirements such as messages a lot of your profile is post spam, it's no rush to post things, chill out a bit it just looks like you're post farming.

overall, I personally don't think you're near ready for moderator, you're rushing into this, make yourself known on the server, I don't want to sound mean but I haven't a clue who you are, enjoy the server a bit more first just play casually and have fun, get to love the server before thinking about moderating it, there were a few good points in the application but so much to work on still sorry.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  6. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I won’t support, neutral or no support as of yet. I don’t have an opinion as I don’t play much anymore and I cannot give accurate feedback as to what I’ve seen of you and what I think will happen. However,

I do not see you getting promoted. Mainly as you were talking about quitting and even said yourself that you’d have a long break once your irl school came around. Which, you also said, was 2 weeks. Personally I’m not a fan of inactive staff but when did I say inactive players wouldn’t be promoted? (cough cough Wilbo cough cough)

As the sad fact stands that applicants who genuinely deserve to get promoted are still left on Read for more than a year, you will not get promoted within these 2 weeks. The record is 3 days, but we won’t talk about that.

Good luck with your school botia, just remember that school comes before Skyblock. Unless you’re already making millions from sitting around all day.

7. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    No support, youve been very inactive on .eco . ( Last online 20 days ago ) And i never seen you help around the server. Also 4 months in the server is nowhere near 1 year.
    Goodluck

8. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    ok been considering this and i’ll just wait for a year and a half or so for reasons. mai should know but can a staff close up this application? ty

9. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Application withdrawn at the applicant's request.
    If you would like to reopen your thread, please report this post within the next 90 days, otherwise you will have to create a new application if you wish to be considered!
    This thread has been moved to Withdrawn/Inactive Applications.

10. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Application re-opened upon the request of the applicant!

11. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    hey, before you start saying ur stuff and opinions, i'd like to edit most of this staff application, and please do not refer to me as botia anymore, i'd like it if u'd refer to me as neon nowadays : D

EDIT: i've edited the thread and you can start rating

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  12. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    Neon I'm gonna go with no support for now, I am not sure if you changed the username to try and create some kind of alternate personality, new me type thing. Once I have seen actively in game your attitude and traits I will reconsider. I don't mean to have a dig at you, but surface level that is how it appears. Also on that note then, have you got access to the Discord yet?

13. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    My old friends called me botia, which they betrayed me so I don't want to use that name anymore.
    You can find me on the Skyblock Survival server, and half of the day Economy. Just /msg me when you want. I'll try to contact back if I'm online.
    As I said, I am still banned from the Skyblock Discord but do have access to a whole Discord account. I had to make a new account because of my old friends but I will not ban evade, as that is rule breaking and very wrong.

14. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    It is essential you make an effort to get this fixed, while I understand the minimum requirements are to own a discord account with no explicit requirement to join the skyblock server, I think it is a given that it should be apart of the skyblock discord in order to really progress through the application process here. Best of luck however hopefully you can get this sorted

15. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    I simply cannot make any effort, it was a TOS break and I have to wait a long while to get unbanned.

16. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

no support idk what i did you are just toxic to me

17. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    As I said, I will do anything to make it up to you if you are offended in anyway of my past actions. I tend to look rude but most of them are jokes, I never meant to look toxic.

18. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

as a staff member you must understand personal boundaries and how people will interpret what you say

19. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    I will understand that, thank you very much

20. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    hello neon i am no supporting becuase u need discord to staff the server and be allowed into the sb discord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.