Need help building map art

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by JAWD543, Mar 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    I want to start a map art-making business but I am not sure how to create map art. I am looking for someone to teach/tell me how to make map art. Any help is appreciated
    thanks

2. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Firstly, you need a perfectly central island on the map. All islands on Skyblock are built in a spiral shape around spawn. If you right click on a map, the middle of your island should line up roughly with the middle of the map. Secondly, you will need an island expansion. 149x149 would work if extremely lucky- although in most scenarios, 199x199 expansion is needed. Expansions can be purchased from: https://shop.skyblock.net/.

Next, you will need to install Minecraft Forge version 1.12.2. Careful when downloading this though, as many fraudulent websites have been created for forge of which contain viruses. Only download forge from the forge website: Minecraft Forge. Once this is downloaded, you will need to install the schematica mod for forge: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/schematica. The lunatrius core mod is also needed: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/lunatriuscore.

The final steps involve actually making the map art. Schematica keybinds will need to be set in order to copy the image over onto your canvas. I personally use ‘P’ for print, ‘L’ for load, ‘-‘ for manipulate, ‘M’ for move, and I leave the rest of the keybinds disabled as they’re not needed for map art. You will also need to download or use a free online version of a Minecraft schematic maker. This allows you to insert an image into the program, and the program will process the image into Minecraft blocks. The schematic will then need to be downloaded from the website. I personally use the donation version of speitecraft which costs any donation- including £0.00. The schematic will then need to be moved to your %appdata%, Minecraft., Moss, schematica, schematics folder. When you press the keybind that you selected to load the schematic with, the file you turned into a schematic should be there. Once moved to the correct location on the canvas, the print command can be toggled on. The mod will automatically copy the schematic onto the canvas when you walk around. The materials will be subtracted from your inventory. This process can take up to an hour or two from previous experiences.

Dangers and annoyances of schematica: Ghost blocks. In other words, blocks that appear to be there on one persons screen; but really are not there. This can be shown on from a map, by re-logging, or by using an alternative account to see. You may have to go over the same area several times to ask void this.

Finally, once the map art is created, right click the middle of the canvas to ensure that all of the map art is in close range. Then bring the map back to your island, put in in a chest or item frame, and never bring it back to the island that the map art was created on ever again. If you do so, the map will update and progress will be lost. If you wonder around with updated map arts in your hand too, then other people’s copies may also be reset/destroyed.

If you need me to elaborate on a bit more about this, just mail me or msg me in game. Alternatively message me on discord: Togpuss#4868 or message me here on the forums. My username in game is Togpuss. I would also be happy to give a detailed tour around my map art island on the Skyblock survival server. Please do let me know if you need anymore help. I can also help with downloading the mods and forge by providing YouTube video links to tutorial videos and would be happy to get in a screen share call on discord to guide you through step by step. I understand some of the points I made were very brief and quite possibly quite difficult to understand.

3. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate you going into detail and explaining how to make map art very well. Thank you.

Edit : I got all the mods to work the only thing I need now is a large island on eco where I can build my map art on.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  4. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Oh by the way, maparts are 128x if Togpuss hasn't mentioned it (didn't read it fully, sorry). Also ghost blocks can be removed by right clicking with an empty hand as relogging (unless doing /skyblock etc) unloads the schematic. Schematica is only needed so it's easier - it's not required.