MysticalDemon's Moderator Application!

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by MysticalDemon, Mar 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticalDemon

MysticalDemon Active Member

Mysticals Staff application
    Introduction:
    Hello, I am mysticaldemon and this is my Helper Application. I am currently 15 years old, and I have lived all my life in california. Feedback really helps me become a better person and a better applicant, so I would appreciate it if you could reply to this thread with constructive criticism after reading my application. Thank you!
    ———————————————————————————
    Your in-game name:
    MysticalDemon
    What time zone are you in?
    PST
    What country do you live in?
    USA
    What languages do you speak?
    Spanish (native language) and English (second language). Having Spanish as my first language is very important since I don’t believe there are any moderators that speak it as their first language. We have many players who speak Spanish, and I am able to translate what they are saying and help them quickly.
    Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
    Yes.
    Why do you think you should become a helper?
    Dedicated:
    I am extremely devoted to Skyblock.net, I have been playing for five years now. Throughout these years, I've learned a lot of useful commands and how the server works. This is mostly thanks to the current and old staff team. I am also very responsible, and even if I have homework or other activities, I manage to play for more than one hour every single day. I never give up. I always feel motivated to achieve something, I don't believe anything is impossible and I can achieve great things. I will never give up helping people and solving their problems.

Fast typist:
    Although being a fast typist does not necessarily make me a good addition to the staff team, it gives me many advantages. For example, I could reply to a player faster or mute, warn or ban (depending on the situation) a rule-breaker to avoid any more spam or other offenses.

Unbiased:
    I am very fair and objective. I am not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts. I am very sensible, and when it comes to moderating, I will not view them as a friend, I will see them as a normal player.

Mature:
    Despite my age, I a very mature person. Of course, apart from being mature, I can also be funny, make some jokes with people. Being mature doesn't mean being serious all the time. Being mature means being able to joke around, but always remembering our responsibilities. As a matter of fact, I am very friendly, thus making players feel comfortable and relaxed, and enjoy their experience in Skyblock as much as they can.

Patient:
    Problems are not solved in one minute, they can take a lot of time. Being patient and calm makes me able to take my time to solve a problem the best way possible. This is useful for both the moderator and the player. I can listen to anyone's problems and wouldn't be bothered by it, it would be a pleasure.

Quick Learner:
    I, as a human, make mistakes. However, whenever I make one, I learn fast from it, in order to become a better person. Every day, both in Skyblock and in real life, I learn a lot. By being friends with moderators, I become wiser and wiser every single day. I learn more about how to handle problems and how to become a good staff member.
    Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    Yes, Gyazo and Imgur for screenshots and Bandicam for videos.
    How long can you be active on the server every day?
    Monday: 19:00 - 23:00*
    Tuesday: 18:00 - 23:00*
    Wednesday: 17:30 - 23:00*
    Thursday: 19:00 - 23:00*
    Friday: 18:00 - [No Time Limit]
    Saturday: 3 - 10 hours*
    Sunday: 3 - 10 hours*
    Holidays: No Timetable set. Usually 5+ hours, depends in I travel or not.

*Time can vary depending on the amount of homework I have.
    How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    I first joined the server around five years ago, although I haven’t always been active.
    Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    I was banned in late 2014 for having griefed a friend as a revenge joke, and in 2017 my account was banned, resulting in someone getting griefed. Since then, I haven’t been banned on any of the three platforms.
    Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
    I do. In 2013, I used to play in a well-known server, where I was promoted to Helper and, after many months where I received different promotions, I became Head-Admin. We used to have 50-150 players daily. Sadly, the website which gave the server its fame died, along with the server. I was also staff on another server. I started off as a Builder and ended up Moderating the server. It was a big building server, consisting of survival, creative and a private staff world. We used to have 25-100 players daily. The server still exists, but it's mostly empty now. Finally, I was an active player in 2016 on a server, where I got promoted to Chat-Mod, after a while to Mod and then got Co-Owner. As the Owner was almost never on, the other Co-Owner and I managed the server. Unfortunately, the Owner, who was an immature kid, stopped paying for the server without telling any of us.

Apart from Minecraft, I often babysit children with my best friend. Although this is not exactly Minecraft moderating, it can be easily compared to it based on the following skills: patience, self-reliance, time management, communication, and problem-solving skills, teamwork, delegation, and multitasking.
    Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No
    Yes.
    You have reached the end of my application. Thank you for reading it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.