ASIA Mai's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Mai, May 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    I'm very happy that you have made this. I've had the pleasure to moderate with you in the past, and I can safely say that you're friendly, approachable, mature, experienced, the list goes on. I think as time passes you will be able to prove to everyone that you do have the capable qualities to moderate, as long as you continue helping others. Although we're in very different timezones, I have seen you around more lately, and I'll be keeping my eye out for you more over the next few weeks.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  2. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Nothing but support here. As a former member of the staff team when Mai was a moderator, she was nothing but friendly and professional in her job. I’m sure she will do just as great again if re-promoted.

3. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    It's not only making threads, but posting altogether. I would like to add that in the past year and a half you have made 83 posts here on forums. This number may sound like quite a large once, although when taking into account the number of profile posts and 'off-topic' posts, that number decreases significantly. I think your application itself is well written but you could elaborate slightly on the 'Why do you think you should become a staff member?' section as it is quite brief in parts. I will likely be supporting this applicant in the near future. Good luck once again.
    -Tog

4. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Thanks boss :))
    Thanks Sam. Appreciate it!!

Yeah I totally get you, which is why I said I'll engage on forums more :) I just don't like to unnecessarily try and increase my post count, I usually give my input when I have something to say. Will try and be more involved, thank you. As for the application, I think it's more straight forward than brief. As I've stated, I don't like to unnecessarily say things. There is no need to increase the word count for no reason. I'd just like to get my point across with my application. Thank you so much for the feedback.

5. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    I’ll be starting off with neutral, as you’v mentioned you decided that you’d reapply due to all the spare time you have, what happens when this whole world pandemic is over how can you ensure that you will still continue to be active and dedicated. You have had a previous application, why was it closed? How can you prevent that from happening this time?

I have no doubt in my mind that you’ll be an amazing staff member you are fully capable of having and doing the responsibilities of a staff member. The only really constructive criticism I have is try to be a bit more active on forums as from what I could tell you mainly post in profiles and recently some threads.
    I’ll be coming back in a couple of weeks to change my status, Good Luck :p

6. Mai

Thank youu! Yes I actually have had a lot of time the past year or so but I've had things to deal with. I've just decided to come back a bit ago because I've started enjoying Minecraft a lot more the past few months. I will be active, you can trust me on that. :)

As for forums, I'll be engaged more here as well. Thank you for your feedback!

7. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Mai, I'm so grateful that I had the pleasure of working with you so much throughout my time here in Skyblock on the staff team. You were a great player, a great friend, but most importantly an amazing moderator and contribution to the community here.

I would love to have you back, you have amazing qualities that have been proven to us several times over and I have regularly been seeing you in-game and on forums more frequently despite our time difference is significantly larger than the majority of the people I talk with. I feel like you being in the Malaysian time zone is so useful as we lack staff members in the Eastern side of the world, therefore you would be a great attribute. Your application is very to the point, I like there's no fillers no bits and bobs to make you look 'better' than everyone else, it's great.

My only concern would be you leaving again, however you seem to have addressed that in your previous post in response to Monster's comment. I would love to see you engaging more in our discord though, if someone needs help in the Skyblock discord it's a good idea to help out on there and in-game!

I don't support you because you're my friend, I support you because you were a great mod before and I have no doubt at all that you will continue to be a good one if you join us.
    Best of luck, Mai. :heart:

8. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Hell Yeah! 100% Support! I've only been playing with you for a few weeks (?) but I can already that you would be an awesome moderator! Again!
    You are kind and friendly and easy to talk to, you help people out in chat but what's more important is that you also ask questions and take advise from others which is an very important quality!
    The best of luck with your staff application! :smilingimp::tongueclosed:

9. Louiemar

Louiemar Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Louiemar
    Very kind person, Love helping others, Really active player.

mai :heart:

10. Mai

Thanks James :heart: I appreciate everything you've said. I'd love to moderate alongside you and the rest of the team once again!!

Thank you so much!!

Thanks Louie :heart:

11. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Oh boy. I see I gave you a neutral about 6 hours ago but I can see why it should be a support:
    • You fit right into the community, and you are very friendly
    • You have been a mod before, which means you clearly understand how to be one, and you know what you are getting into
    • Almost every mod or staff member has given you a support, and has listed reasons why, and if most of the staff members believe you should be mod, then you probably should be.
    I can clearly tell your application is going to be accepted within the next few days to the next week, but nevertheless, good luck, and have a good day!

12. K41YU

K41YU ahiru-san Moderator Premium

IGN:
    K41YU
    I don’t think I’ll see you much due to timezones and server preferences, but I have definitely seen you on helping and all which is awesome. I believe that you’ll be a good moderator since you have positive past experiences as one here, so there should be no reason for me to doubt your abilities. Plus we definitely could use more help. I wish you luck. c:

13. Mai

Thank you, I appreciate what you've said. I appreciate the kind words :)

Thank you for the support Kai! :)

14. Taki

Taki Active Member

100% support helpful on discord as well as in game, best of luck :)

15. Louiemar

Louiemar Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Louiemar
    You should change it to Support, Trust me she is very active and helpful.

16. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    (Don't post things like this on mod apps - it doesn't help. While I agree with you, trying to get someone to change their opinion is something the applicant should do, not the repliers :p)

17. Question

Question Active Member

IGN:
    _Ques
    Total support, no bias but I found you to be my favorite staff on eco, as well as that I've seen you being pretty active now

18. Mai

Thanks Taki!
    I appreciate you saying that! But it's okay they will change their mind on their own when they think it's right. Thank you though.
    Thank you!!
    Thank youu! I appreciate that a lot. :)

19. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Neutral, but I have a good feeling you'll do well considering your previous experience. I don't see you in-game much though much of it could be due to timezones and maybe I wasn't active for my little break from skyblock for exams. I'd be down to have a Singapo- I mean Malaysian moderator ;)

20. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    Neutral haven’t ever seen ya until a few days ago but I mean that moderation experience here looks great to me! Also it seems like your getting a good vibe from the staff team so I may change if I see you in game and helping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.