My island got reset

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by LordOfKingDerp, Aug 24, 2019.

1. LordOfKingDerp

LordOfKingDerp New Member

IGN:
    LordOfKingDerp
    So I was afk fishing, and when i came back i was kicked for flying, and when i joined again my whole island got reset.
    I had about 1 mil in assets and all of it is gone.

BTW I've already posted this on the bug report forms, but is putting this here to get more publicity bc ive spent loads of time on my island and now its gone

2. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    You sure you are on the correct server? Type /servers to check.

3. LordOfKingDerp

IGN:
    LordOfKingDerp
    yes, i was still in economy

4. Nightflaime

Nightflaime Well-Known Member

I've had this happen to me as well. In fact not only was my island reset I had to start a entire new island at a new location on the map lost a double island because of this. And before anyone asks yes I was on economy.

5. LordOfKingDerp

IGN:
    LordOfKingDerp
    So what did you do afterwards? I'm not very sure what i should do in this position. Like which staff should I get to help me get my island back?

6. Nightflaime

Nightflaime Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I had to start my island over as the location was taken by another player but if you are at the same location with just a new island maybe try to get in touch with Leeeroieee or the other devs they might be able to do a roll back on your island.

7. Lobh

Lobh Active Member

IGN:
    Lobh
    Sadly the developers tend not to rollback the island as it puts tremendous strain on the server. Was you by any chance in hardcore mode? If this is thee case there is unfortunately nothing that can be done :) I hope you get this sorted

8. LordOfKingDerp

IGN:
    LordOfKingDerp
    I can definitely say that I was not on hardcore mode, since I had already died multiple times before. Also, I didn't lose my exp when the island reset, so I didn't die this time either.

9. Lobh

Lobh Active Member

IGN:
    Lobh
  10. Kerahna

Kerahna Administrator Administrator Forums Administrator

IGN:
    Kerahna
    Here are some recent chat logs for your account (newest at top, oldest at bottom)

The server logs you running the commands /is reset, followed by /newisland yes. You requested a reset of your island and then confirmed it.

[​IMG]

11. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    If the order of those comments is the same as chat in that the bottom comment is the last, then it appears he was asking about his missing island before he reset it?

12. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Logblock shows newest logs at the top, so he reset it then asked why it was gone. So either he knew he reset and is not being honest with us or someone on his end reset the island. It didn't happen randomly or by server error.

13. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Seems pretty conclusive then.

Drogo knows it’s not his place to make any call or comment on this sort of thing but as a Layman, the screenshot of the logs didn’t make sense. They do now. Cheers

14. Lobh

Lobh Active Member

IGN:
    Lobh
    Thanks Kerahna that’s interesting to know. I had doubts the server would just randomly delete islands.

15. LordOfKingDerp

IGN:
    LordOfKingDerp
    ok, it turns out that this wasn't a glitch but my brothers revenge for "not letting him use my phone"

16. Lobh

Lobh Active Member

IGN:
    Lobh
    This is a little concerning as it wastes the time of our already busy moderators. I would suggest changing you minecraft password and or make sure you fully log on of minecraft once you have finished playing. Online security is a very important issue and needs to be taken seriously.

I guess this thread can now be closed and archived