My honest thought of the community

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GoldenWolf, May 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GoldenWolf

GoldenWolf Well-Known Member

I guess this thread of mine is long overdue... I might as well start with the basics.
    First off my opinion on the community itself is its kinda donor ruled. I have not seen a single rich non donor and if I do see one they are 1. Cooped with a donor or 2. Have bought fly or diamonds. It seems like donors are the only ones who can make diamonds. I see non donors making skin comps that cost grass and little shops, but how can they compete with 100s of diamonds and really cool shops donors with fly have made. Another aspect of the donor advantage in the economy is the color chat. I see little kids spam every color they can to try and advertise their shop and I think it captures people's attention more than just plain text.
    My 2nd opinion on the community is the community itself...
    Now, when I used to play the pc version of this game I would always say hi and not one time did someone I didn't know say hi back. I know you guys could be busy, but still.. I see all these non donors say hi I would type hi then we would have a little chat. Perhaps that is how I met my best skyblock builder Not mollie. If you ever see her in game tell her hi for me ;) but back on topic.
    Other times I have seen people ask for help and no one try to help them. Now this is a mods job you could reason but aren't they busy? (Questionable, indeed) I myself used to ask for help and it would take 10 minutes of spamming chat for someone to maybe reply.. or not.
    My third opinion on skyblock is that the whole economy is kind of time consuming. When I used to play the price for a diamond was let's say 20 grass. That's 10 days of voting 10 days. That might not seem like a lot to you but for casual players and players who can't always be on that's a lot. Now you could reason with me and tell me that they could start a shop. And my response is: Building a shop also takes time and to sell something you need to buy something. Say your selling potatoes where do you get the seeds maybe from a donor in chat. Maybe. But usually you have to buy the seeds then use up even more time growing them and blah blah BLAH Money may grow in trees in this game but it's still not enough.
    My fourth opinion on the community is the forums are donor driven as well. The only non donor that I think might have been 1% popular was... what's his\her name again? This can easily be fixed once again by taking some time to say hi ;)
    My fifth and final opinion on the community is the rudeness...
    Many people come to play mine craft to have fun. (No idea why I played it.) Joke.. jeez but I see people on the server being rude to one another. And I admit sometimes I have been a jerk.. Nothing I can do about that, but ask everyone to try to be nicer. The server obviously can't be controlled because frankly people don't care. But the forums, however can become a nicer place. I myself have seen some nasty things between some of my friends and others and it's just well not good.
    This isn't an opinion on the community just the moderators.
    Now when I used to play I would read appeals and the mods would keep unbanning players and personally if I were a moderator I would perm ban after a 2nd offense. I've seen stel get banned about 100 times and believe me if I were a mod she'd be out of here. Not trying to be rude and call you out but.. too bad.
    I guess if you made it all the way here I have an opinion about you as well.
    You are a nice person for reading this and hopefully considering my opinions, and I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nena

Nena Experienced Member

Pretty much the same opinions or similar opinions to us.

but ya.

3. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    Donors overrule :<

4. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    The donor thing is not true. Up until a month ago, I had never spent money on a donor rank. My main account is still a non-donor. At one point, and most 2014 org players would agree, I was the most popular non-donor, and quite well-known in general.

People like Stel are not banned because they benefit the server more than anyone else has ever had/ever will. That's like killing off a fan/producer favorite character on a popular TV show. (Didn't stop GOT or The100, but you know what I mean.)

5. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    I'd cry if that happened to Katniss, .-.

6. Kira_

Kira_ Experienced Member

I was a greenie on net for the longest time and got overly noticed. People would surround me on my island to the point of not being able to build, which I why I didn't log on much. Actually, most of my stuff is random crap chucked at me over the months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Donor be me

8. SuperNova~

SuperNova~ Guest

lOl Stel