My final suggestion for gold

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Bard, Jan 2, 2019.

?

Should we add a gold block dealer at /warp grass ?

1. YES!

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No i hate gold anyways

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    With gold being gone and the levels of it being killed, you guys have to see that you all killed off a simple building block some people simply enjoyed building. Could we have a brand new tradeshop in /warp grass that offers something like 3 gold blocks for 1 grass. I do not care about the levels, but i just want to finish my island. This would bring a really nice looking block back into circulation. Please take this suggestion into consideration as this wouldnt cause lag really. Thank you for reading this.

• Support Support x 1
  2. ThatProNoob

ThatProNoob Member

IGN:
    ProNoobOP
    100% Full Support

I completely support this because gold is like Bard said not just a block people used to farm levels but also a nice block to build with. I would like to be able to continue building my island with gold even without the whole levels from it. This has been made impossible right now since nobody is willing to sell their gold anymore. So I think selling it 3:1 would be fair at /warp grass! Thanks for reading.

3. ZeroSenSen

ZeroSenSen Active Member Premium

IGN:
    ZeroSenSen
    Support.
    Bard makes a very fair point.
    Most people bought gold to farm levels and now since the levels of Gold has decreases, like what Noob has said, people aren't willing to sell their gold nor do people want to buy gold; Those who were building with gold now lose the opportunity to finish their build (Yall know what it feels like to have stuff unfinished) or have access to Gold. . Adding Gold to /warp grass is a good idea!
    Also Bring Back Spawners
    :D

4. EnderofBlueFire

EnderofBlueFire Member

IGN:
    EnderofBlueFire
    Support as there is not really much of a way to get gold other than mining right now.

5. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    Support, if it would be 1:1, then a lot of people will buy it

6. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    honestly, if we're gonna haggle over price it should be 3:1. Its most fair in my opinion

7. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Bard, so I can make sure I understand your suggestion correctly and can see the specific problem you are trying to solve, can you help me understand what you mean when you say that gold is gone, or that it's been been killed off?

I ask because many players have been grinding it virtually nonstop for the better part of a year and we certainly haven't taken anyone's gold away, so it doesn't seem that there should be any reason for gold to be in short supply. Especially now that its island leveling value has been adjusted to reflect how abundant it is, it doesn't seem to me that there's any reason why it should be in short supply to the point where we need to create more of it on demand via a villager trade.

I hope you don't think I'm tying to be difficult by challenging your assertions, it's just that your suggestion is directly asking for something that isn't in the power of the development team to do. We have no say over the availability and prices of villager trades. But I can tell this is something that matters a lot to you and I didn't want to dismiss it out of hand without first considering if there might be a solution that *is* within our power to implement and that adequately solves the problem you're facing.

For example, if you've experienced any difficulty in finding anyone willing to sell you gold blocks, maybe you try offering to buy gold nuggets instead. I'm sure there are people who would gladly sell you their gold nuggets rather than have to go through the all the trouble of crafting first ingots and then blocks.

Or if you're having trouble locating shop chests that sell gold blocks at a price you're willing to pay, maybe there's a broader or more general solution to that problem that could benefit more players than just those looking to buy gold specifically.

I'm hoping that if you help me see the problem from your point of view, and we can agree on the exact nature and extent of the problem, we might be able to come up with a solution we can be proud of having worked on together. :)

8. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Thank you for asking about it. I'll go into broader detail. The price of gold is insane now and gold is a LOT harder to come by, and with the amount that I would need, It would cost me an unrealistic amount of grass.

What has been going on is that players are "sniping" shops and buying out all of everyone's gold and reselling it to make it more expensive and hard to get.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**
    And I understand your POV entirely understanding you can't exactly do everything. If there isn't any way for you to talk to Crew about implementing a gold dealer, then yes we will indeed have to think of a new plan. For now the villager idea is what I can think of at most, and as of now certainly seems like a great fix, but I'd like to keep the thread open and welcome all others' ideas into the situation. Thank you for your reply lee and I hope we can get a solution soon. :)

9. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    So maybe this wont be helpful but I would like to contribute and offer another solution. The solution could be maybe instead of going through the trouble of making a villager for gold, maybe at the moment have like a trade shop at some area or warp so that people can trade in and out. I understand that some people will just empty them but I just want to put it out a suggestion if it is really needed and maybe easier to do.

10. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    Tbh.. Warp trade is kind of for new people.. So 1:1 is good

11. BennyDonut

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Could you explain more on how /warp trade is new? Because I beg to differ...

12. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    warp trade is for everyone. the prices just suck.

13. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Thanks for replying, Bard. That helps me understand the problem a bit better. If players are speculating on the value of gold and driving up its cost artificially, it seems to me that the best thing to do is simply to allow the market to stabilize and avoid feeding into this irrational speculation by contributing more demand into the equation.

I know it may seem like a good idea to try to intervene by setting an arbitrary buy price for at /warp trade, but Noobcrew feels very strongly that the server's economy functions best if players are able to arrive at valuations of items on their own. There were similar fears when diamonds went from being traded for 21-22 grass on /classic to being traded for much less on /skyblock. Eventually the market stabilized and people accepted the new prices. Diamond prices evolved organically based on players' own priorities, and not because we set an arbitrary price for them.

Once people realize that gold in Skyblock is neither scarce nor particularly useful compared to things such as diamonds (at least diamonds make excellent and durable tools), demand will normalize, the hype will fade, and the market will settle naturally onto a price players are willing to trade for them. Until then, the best advice I can give you is to read about the Greater Fool theory and decide for yourself whether this is a fair assessment of the problem you described.

14. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    That clears a lot of things up actually. I say we close the thread for about a month to watch how gold settles into the economy. If things dont exactly improve i may request to reopen. Thanks lee. :)

15. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Sure thing Bard. :)

16. BennyDonut

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Totally agree now reading what you have to say Leeeroieee. I wish people understands that this was meant to temporarily help the server run better but many people have taken it the wrong way.

17. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.