MrABGold’s Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by MrABGold, Dec 8, 2019.

1. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    MrABGold’s Fundraiser At /visit MrABGold

For a while now (before I came back and since I’ve been back) I have been working on a new island. I have ‘retired’ from building and operating shopping centres (or for you other people ‘malls’), and I have decided to have an island that benefits other people. My new island takes on the form of a small city (rather small as my island isn’t expanded) which contains several facilities. These facilities being:
    - Apartments (just for show)
    - Three shops > focused on selling basic supplies
    - Two office blocks, just to look at
    - The Golden Events™️ Stage > for hosting events like competitions, and the stage can be rented
    - The Golden Events™️ Ticket Office > tickets for events can be bought here, along with merchandise if the event host wants to sell some
    - And finally, the main attraction, AB Museum.

AB Museum

This is the biggest building on the island, and it is free to enter and go around. Anyone can go in and look around. The museum contains no extra charges for anything; absolutely everything is free.

At present, there is just the player head exhibit. I am working on getting my Kylie Minogue exhibit ready, filled with map art of her album covers.

This is where the fundraiser comes in.

The Fundraiser

The museum is to benefit anyone. I want it to be something interesting for people to go and have a look round, and something to do for when people might get bored.

I aim to, through fundraising activities, gather enough money and fun things to fill the museum with exciting things, as I currently have half a stack of grass and can no longer afford to buy rates, map art and things like that to fill the museum with.

Fundraising Activities

There will be multiple different activities in which profits will go towards the museum.

Throughout the whole fundraiser, hoppers will be available by the fountain where you can donate anything you want: Grass, diamonds, heads of any kind, rares, map art and pretty much anything that is suitable for the museum. Any grass/diamonds will be spent on things to go in the museum.

Quiz

I will be hosting a quiz, where the questions will be common knowledge, and not necessarily mine craft related. Entry will be 2 grass, and the prize will be 10 grass. This one costs more because I anticipate it being less popular. The prize, however, could change if there are significantly more participants. It will take place at the Golden Events™️ Stage. Whoever answers the correct answer first gets 1 point. After all the questions have been asked, the person with the most points will win. I will be asking around 10 pre-prepared questions (made by me). Points will be recorded on my phone, to avoid mistakes of me forgetting.

These events will NOT take place at specific times. If I am online, I will try to get the events started, however even if I am not online, my island will still be open so people can donate.

More events may be added, so feel free to suggest some ideas!

Thanks,

MrABGold

[Quick Edit] I would also like to say that if there is anything that you would like to see in the museum, comment that below too, as it’s about being something for everyone to enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  2. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    My island is now unlocked! I have now constructed the skin competition area. When you are eliminated (it only works on the top two rows) you will fall into a banner shop. Any sales in the mini banner shop will also go towards the museum! I’m attempting to start a skin competition as we speak!

3. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    Just a quick update:
    ===============

Hosted a quiz today! It was 2 grass entry, and 5 people turned up. In theory, I wouldn't have made profit, however Lz donated 1 grass of winnings, and Gxshiee donated 1 grass also! I got 4 grass from merchandise sales from the participants. Thanks to everyone who participated, it was lots of fun! In total, 6 grass was made for the museum! It all adds up! There were donations adding up to 16 grass in the hopper, so thanks to the donators too!

4. fathercourt

fathercourt Senior Member

IGN:
    fathercourt
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Amazing x 1
    • Rude x 1
  5. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

Hey MrABGold!

I've known you since you first joined, and it's been awesome watching you go from a random greenie to tycoon and now aspiring museum owner. I'm definitely interested in helping you out with the basic materials shop, so contact me if you're in need of someone with shop experience to help run it!

I may also be writing another paper about the skyblocking experience soon, so I'd like to interview you in the next few weeks if possible.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    it was good fun haha!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    sounds great, thank you haha! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    Absolute loser

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    UPDATE: A very kind person donated 64 Grass! It is hugely appreciated! I spent it on a 2x2 Deadpool map art by LadyAnkie! It is perfect for the map art section of the museum :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    It’s been about a week since the last update, so for those of you who are interested, here you are:

- Hosted a few more successful quizzes. They have been great fun and have got nice donation amounts, especially from the merchandise on sale at the ticket office behind the seating area.

- I removed the skin competition area as they aren’t very popular.

- I have kept my eye out on a few things for the museum, mainly map art, but I plan on spending more of the fundraiser money (and my own) soon.

- I am still thinking of more fun activities to do as part of the fundraiser, and any help would be appreciated!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019