more staff lol

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Rolly, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Ok so I hopped on the server to give away free stuff ( heads ex ) and was on for a solid 1+ hour and no staff showed up whatsoever.

imo it needs more eu staff lemme know ur opinion

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    the staff team is a decent size, I don’t think they need more staff, just active staff

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    well the staff isn’t active so yeah

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Angelos

Angelos Active Member

IGN:
    crispypizza
    just replace the staff members that are not active with people who are on 5hrs+ a day????

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Quality over quantity- a wise mod who I forgot who said that,
    But yes I agree we need more active staff members.
    You could probably get on for 5 hrs and only see one pop up handle a report then leave

6. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    I can understand people not being able to spend 5 hours a day, but not even 1 hour a month is just completely unreasonable

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

You could promote every current applicant and be guaranteed eventually there will be times no staff will be on.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    main point is to have an eu Staff

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Thinker how is this rude?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. VonArnout

VonArnout Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VonArnout
    The problem also lies with people who apply, the admins could currently be searching for new staff but they don't want to set a lower bar because of the need ( abuse and all )

And yes, staff does become inactive but can you blame them? The server is under heavy load currently ( lots of buildings rendering for multiple minecraft versions etc) and eventually that gets to you so they find different servers or different games to play and simply log on every now or then to moderate.

Not having staff online 24/7 isn't a bad thing either, one of the biggest minecraft servers currently running , runs on a lot of mini "servers" staff would in no way be able to check most of happens, so report functions of helping players come in handy there.

Sorry for the formating / language writing from a phone

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I can understand players wanting more staff for a variety of reasons or whatever, but this specific reason isn't really valid. I mean, one hour isn't really that long at all. We're human and we can't be online 24/7, we have lives and things to get done.

Also don't forget that for lots of the staff, it's currently still the summer break. You might think this means more time to get online, but summer (for a lot of us) means going on trips/holidays and being gone for long periods of time, going out of the house a lot so having an unusual schedule, and having work to get done whilst you have time. It's hard to cram everything in sometimes, and things come up that we can't control.

I agree with what Krissy said - you could promote every applicant ever but there would still always be gaps without staff. We're not robots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    I know very well 52 but being staff on a server means you need to be dedicated to cette server. Yes I spent 1 hour because I’m still on summer break and want to have fun with friends. Being on for 1 hour is good even when you are on a vacation. After summer is over I’m not saying, spend 6 hours on the server.

It’s quality time spent not quantity. You can spend 6 hrs on the server and be afk 75% of the time or be 1 hour on but to be 100% helpful and active.

yes but you could have 20 staff and have only 7-8 active or you can have 30 staff and have 15 active ( those are just random numbers not specific to the server Thinker dont give me rude again pls I cannot sleep )

13. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    a solid 1+ hour for no staff being on isn't that bad, different timezones, schools just started for most people. I would be worried if you were on for 12-24 hours and no staff came on, not even when requested.

14. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    yea but other says there is usually no staff on firn4 hrs ( active players )

15. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    This seems a good time to wheel out my reply to another thread on this topic.

We need more mods, and more active ones. | Skyblock Forums

Essentially, yes - your point has validity... we are always on the lookout for potentially great staff, but there is method to the promotion process.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. KingJonSnow

KingJonSnow Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    This is always a tricky topic. You don’t want mods on the server “for the sake of always having a mod on.” You need mods who are right for the job and would serve to benefit the server. I get it that there are responsibilities that come with being a mod and I’m sure “being online to moderate” is obviously one of them, but as players, we often forget of the lives that people have off the server. From what I’ve seen, being a mod can be taxing because as soon as you log on, you are spammed with requests for help. I guess the hope is more people apply for helper or mod status to give the current leadership team options for promotions to helper and future mod.

17. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    I’ve been a mod on a 500+ player base server and let me tell you, you don’t have to dedicate your life. 1 hour on in your time zone is more than enough for people to appreciate you and get their questions answered. Also you don’t get “spammed with messages” when you log on or if you dk you are suppose to handle it and if you are unable to resign ( or get demoted but this server rarely does that because Crew is too nice ). The current applicants are very good and familiar with the server so promoting them would be a + for the server. If the staff team thinks the staff members shouldn’t be that much then the Administrators and Managers should denote the inactive staff who always makeup excuses for not being active ( not saying everyone does but most do )

This topic isn’t tricky at all btw

18. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    The amount of staff here is fine, although there needs to be more in certain timezones tbh (pacific for example)

As others have said, there needs to be more activity among the staff. The most common staff I see from my side are cyk, Devan, 52, and michael. Now theoretically yea accepting more staff applications who are really active might solve it but then again that's if they are gonna be on for the hours they have said they would be on.
    I feel that majority of the staff here are now in school and as a result they got to focus on that (as well as extracurricular activities). You cannot force them to be more active while they have school, that's simply not fair to them and will hurt them. In the past we had staff members who were in school but kept on focusing more on the server more which taken a toll on their academics forcing them to leave immediately and be on less. Ultimately they resign or get demoted due to inactivity and don't come back weeks or months later. That is why it's highly crucial to balance your school life with your personal life. I work as a lifeguard (I get around 15-28 hours bi-weekly on average but it highly varies), attend college with 14 units (Full time student), a Director for a committee in Student Government, and have a personal life. I am able to juggle all of those things and yet still be on. It depends what you do and how you use your time efficiently :p

19. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    The past 5 days I have been on the server for pretty much all day everyday (very early morning and very late nights) and have seen 3 staff members. Only one of which stayed on for over 20-30 minutes.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    if they are at school and don’t have time for dedication they should resign. You can’t balance them both and some school is more important then they must resign cus being staff doesn’t been to be active when you can but to be active when you should