More reactions?

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by Oakk, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Hey, I think there should be more reactions here on forums like when you see a comment you wanna react to it with something but you need to reply to it instead. So what do you think should they add more reactions.

I’ve thought about “confused” what else should be added let me know :)

• Support Support x 3
    • No Support No Support x 3
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Hmm there’s been suggestions for the salt rating like the one on mineverse but it wasn’t accepted for some reason, I like the idea of having new ones of ways to express yourself without having to post a message.
    I like the idea of confused

3. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I think there should be a Yes and No emoji. The amount of times I could have used these is ridiculous because it simply wouldn’t make sense rating ‘agree, or disagree’ in those certain circumstances. A confused emoji is also a great idea too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    Yeah I agree there should be more added, it would be so much easier to reply without messageing

5. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

We need to be careful with adding more negative kind of ratings (like salt) because while ratings don't bother some people, to others we get a lot of reports about it.
    By all means, some other reactions that are positive and won't cause flame would be fine.

But what concerns me more is if we have a rating for nearly all reactions we could have it would essentially make the forums very quiet because less people will reply to threads because they can simply react. Seeing last replied times over 1 day isn't a good image for our friends who find the website first. So there needs to be a balance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

I already dislike the "agree" and "disagree" ratings. It eliminates the need for constructive feedback and discussion if all you can do is agree and disagree.

Especially disagree; rating a post and then not leaving any constructive reasoning is bad for an online forum based on conversation. Personally I find we are already passed this balance, there are too many ratings and not enough comments. I myself also often just "agree", though I try to explain when disagreeing.
    No support.

7. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    The Salt rating on mineverse isn't a negative rating

Support, but as krissy said, we shouldn't have 100s of reactions to the point it just makes it useless to reply to threads.

We need the Dumb, Toxic, and fire rating tho :p

8. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Not as in it’s negative like the rude rating, but it has a negative connotation. Dumb, toxic and salt are all ratings with a negative connotation and are very much designed to put users down. Imagine a kid coming to our forums, posted something we find very silly and they get rated dumb by several people. It wouldn’t be nice for them. Similarly, the salt rating can be used to put down someone’s valid post and encourage people to assume the person was just salty, when they weren’t.
    Even if ratings don’t mean a great deal, certain ratings hold power to sway people to think a certain way so we need to have less ratings that encourage toxicity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Let's face it you're on the internet; you're going to get feedback from people who don't like you. Yeah it may give a negative connotation towards a person but at the same time though other people might use the rating in a funny way. Honestly I can see myself getting 50 dumb ratings within couple months, because not going to lie I say some pretty dumb thing.

On mineverse people kept on using the salt rating and as far as I see, there's rarely any issue coming up

10. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Forums pretty dead anyways so I don’t see an issue

Support

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Something being bad is an excuse for making something even worse? o_O

12. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Don’t think it’s dead, compared to other servers this forums is really active but anyways thanks for the support lol

13. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

This is completely unnecessary, there are already a lot of ratings. Why can’t you just express your thought rather than rate it?

14. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Also, 52Phenomenon I didn’t wanna suggest this either, I wanted to discuss the reactions more and see what we could possibly add/remove.

15. OnlineDuty

OnlineDuty Active Member

:L:L:L I retract my recent statement saying that the picture could explain better than words. It obviously cannot. It shouldn't be in off topic, I'm trying to explain that the Skyblock community is much more .... competitive and radical and crazy compared to the Mineverse community. This leads to people here not having very thick skin when it comes to getting a bad rating on one of their posts and they tend to take it too personally.

16. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Yes it should lmao this is a suggestion
    Yea it is dead compared to others

17. OnlineDuty

OnlineDuty Active Member

I was helping another player change his point of view. It's now deleted though probably due to yourself reporting it.

Doesn't mean stupid/irrelevant ratings need to be added.

18. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    No lmao I don’t report comments I’m not 12 it’s still is off topic even if you were helping change a point of view now stop arguing because you were in the wrong and we went off topic