Accepted [mogsy172] ban appeal [boba]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by mogsy172, Mar 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mogsy172

mogsy172 Active Member

IGN:
    mogsy172
    • Punished account name: mogsy172 + mogsy173
    • Platform or server punished on: economy
    • Ban message if applicable: alt of island farming
    • Have you read the rules? Yes
    • Do you think this punishment was incorrect? not at all
    • Why should you be unbanned? I made a very stupid move, when I'm unbanned whether it be today or when the ban expires I will be getting rid of all the dirt I farmed, I just wanted to make it easier on myself which was stupid.
    • Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock: banned around 1 1/2 for looting MissCovale's island, banned for
    • If you know, tag the staff member that banned you: boba eunice
    • Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct? I've read and understood the rules and code of conduct

2. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hi Mogsy, thank you for creating an appeal.
    ---
    Glad to see you be honest and you're accepting your ban. We logged a total of 200+ dirt blocks and approximately 12 sand blocks that was farmed by you using an alternative account. You are an experienced player of our server, I am well aware you know about island farming and its consequences. We prohibit island farming as from this action, you are illegally obtaining materials which ruins the gameplay of others by using farmed dirt/sand for farms (which is exactly what you did) or it can be illegally traded for Skybucks.

Despite knowing about our rules, why did you proceed to island farm? Did it not occur to you that it is prohibited?

3. mogsy172

mogsy172 Active Member

IGN:
    mogsy172
    if you give exact numbers I will get rid of that exact amount when I'm back on the server whenever that may be.

I totally understand that, and is why if I do have this appeal denied am more than happy to pay the consequences (I'm not saying this in an ignorant way but more of an understanding and pretty annoyed in myself way).

To be honest my first thought was that I could make it easier for myself then after 3 island resets thought properly about it and realised I was being completely stupid and stopped, yet still used it stupidly, I don't actually have a proper reason apart from that.

Thank you for taking the time to read my appeal and thank you for responding :heart:

4. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    We have the numbers and we will be clearing the dirt.
    ---
    Skyblock is a game to survive and do things on your own. Sure, there are ranks to help you out but they do not ruin the economy. When things are illegally obtained, that's what we're worried about. I do not think you properly understand our rules, because it seems to me it's a bit unclear for you. As the only rule you broke is island farming, you can write me a paragraph about island farming and why we do not allow it. Take the time you need.

5. mogsy172

mogsy172 Active Member

IGN:
    mogsy172
    To begin, Island farming is the process of repeatedly creating new islands (which I did 3 times I believe) this can be done to get more items such as sand and dirt which I did, this sand or dirt can be used to give the person island farming an advantage whether it be to make more money by selling it to other players or use it for personal gain such as increasing the size of a farm, there is also the side of island trading which is only illegal when it isn't approved by a staff member.

So this server is very against island farming as it makes it unfair, especially if there's people such as myself with multiple accounts that can farm them easily and give myself an advantage over the players that have worked hard to build their islands legitimately.

6. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thanks for replying.
    ---
    I noticed your messages on discord. If you want to play Skyblock, you shouldn't have broken our rules in the first place. It's not nice of you for going in public and saying comments such as: "is Boba still alive?" "its killing me not being able to play" "ive been sat here for 4 hours refreshing forums to see if he will reply to me". Following the rules is your responsibility. You broke them and now are facing the consequence. As you are an experienced player, we expect you to be aware of our rules. Seeing as you are already banned now, please explain to me why you should be unbanned and tell me what you're willing to do to ensure something of this sort never occurs again in the future.

7. mogsy172

mogsy172 Active Member

IGN:
    mogsy172
    Ok, seen as though I'm an experienced player I deserve the full punishment, and have this appeal denied, yes it isn't fun not playing but as you said following the rules is my responsibility. I wasn't responsible so why should I be let of easy?

also to ensure nothing like this happens again, the best I can do is not be stupid, I will be willing to say give me a permanent ban if I do something that can get me banned again as I know the rules and there is no reason for me to break them

and another thing I'm sorry for them comments, it just seems you've ignored any comment I have made, said hi straight after you and you blank me, it confused me to be honest, yes I know I'm banned but surely I'm still part of the community and you can talk to me?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2021
  8. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Mogsy,

If you wish to remain banned, you are able to. But seeing as at the start you willingly accepted your mistake and understand the rule you broke, I'm willing to shorten it 3 days less. As from now, you will have a 6 day remaining ban period.

All I ask is you confirm to me that you will not repeat this again and will not break any further rules in the future. If this happens again, the ban length may increase.

9. mogsy172

mogsy172 Active Member

IGN:
    mogsy172
    I know I made the mistake of island farming and how it was against rules, as I said in the original post the punishment isn't wrong, I wont reject taking 3 days less on the ban, and I can guarantee I wont break the rules in the future if it does I would take a perma ban just for breaking my word

10. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thank you for creating an appeal, your appeal has been accepted!
    Please make sure that you read our rules here before continuing on as normal!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.