Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Budder2468, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Budder2468

Budder2468 Active Member

Your in-game name:

Budder2468
    What timezone are you in?

Australian Eastern Daylight time (AEDT) - GMT10+

What country do you live in?

Australia, New South Wales
    What languages do you speak?

I speak English and Cantonese.

Do you have 2FA enabled?

I have 2FA enabled.
    Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Yes, i do have the resources to capture evidence. i.e. : Quicktime

Why do you think you should become a mod?

I strongly believe I should be a Moderator because I believe I can make a difference. I love sky block.net and I want to dedicate my spare time into helping and keeping this server safe. I want to dedicate my free and spare time to help the players who need the help and for everyone to be in a happy and safe community. I am also an Australian giving the advantage I can play in certain times where other Moderators may not be able to be online as their timezone is different. I am almost active daily. I have the ability of knowing whats right and wrong as I always re-read the rules monthly to ensure I acknowledge of any new rules that have been made and to ensure I am 100% familiar with the Skyblock rules. I will ensure to enforce these rules with the appropriate warnings/punishments as the rules state i must. I also have a bit of Moderator experience with a decent skywars server. It was called PimpCraft or Craft Pimp. (Sorry Very old server forgot the name ) This server has ever since around 2011-2013 closed down. I am a quick learner and will always abide by any rules or regulations set. I am mature and will know how to deal with certain situations which involve 2 or more parties. I also, will listen to both sides of the story, and will be openminded meaning i need to be 100% sure of something with 100% evidence before i execute a punishment on a player or players. It is also important to be happy while in charge of these extra set of rules/enforcements. I like to see everyone happy and I do not like seeing others damaged/hurt by anyone else. I know how it feels to be scammed,griefed, taken advantage off so I will try my best to ensure that the player who decides to breach a rule to be properly punished to ensure everyone is happy and everyone is following the server guidelines. Also, as a moderator i will get the chance to meet and know new people which is very important. It is always important to show everyone respect no matter who they are and I always show that respect to anyone no matter what they say or do.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

Australian School Days
    Monday - 2-3 Hours
    Tuesday - 2-3 Hours
    Wednesday - 2-3 Hours
    Thursday - 2-3 Hours
    Friday - 3-4 Hours
    Saturday - 2-4 Hours
    Sunday - 3-6 Hours
    Australian School Holidays
    Monday - 4-5 Hours
    Tuesday - 4-5 Hours
    Wednesdays - 4-5 Hours
    Thursday - 5-8 Hours
    Friday - 5-6 Hours
    Saturday - 3-5 Hours
    Sunday - 5-9 Hours
    Please note that these hours are not permanent and sometimes may be changed due to tests, holiday plans etc.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

My friend introduced me to sky block.net back in 2013.
    Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

Yes, i have been convicted once as griefing. In my ban appeal which you can search up through the ban appeals archive, i am stating / showing that my intentions that day was to help another player build/advance on their sky block island. He told me to help him advance his island. So I said alright and started to take down a hut he had so i could build a big mansion like structure. After i finished that day, i joined the next day to find myself banned from the server. So i proceeded to the ban appeal which was accepted. I believe i was innocent this day and that my conviction of griefing was incorrect.
    Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

Yes, I have had experienced as a moderator. This was a while back in a Skywars server which has yet since closed down due to the dropping numbers of players.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?

I believe i do have the requirements for a Skyblock moderator and i hope you can consider me today to be your next moderator.

Thanks
    Budder2468

• No Support No Support x 7
  2. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    No support.
    • Meet the requirements
    • Get 100-200 messages
    • Get active member
    • I don't see you in-game at all and we are in the same timezone
    • You're rude to players
    The Requirements
    • 50 Post Count
    • Two Factor Authentication - Click here to set up 2FA.
    • 2 Weeks registered on the Skyblock forums
    • Moderators are required to have Skype or Teamspeak 3 for offline communication.
    Failure to follow the requirements will have your application ignored.

[Edit] You have also made like two applications today, if people no support and ask for more detail etc. edit it in, not delete - restart.

3. Ecstaxi

Ecstaxi Active Member

Rude to players.

No support

4. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

^^^

No support

5. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    How can u make an application if u r banned as u mentioned in ur profile?

6. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Well-Known Member Premium

ReviewsBudder2468.jpg
    Suggested listening: Kings of Leon, Waste A Moment

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**
    Let's get this review started. I promise to give you something special at the end.

Nice to meet you, sir. Your name reminds me of a Twitter bot I was following at one point.

The only country that exports spiders and murderjuice. +1 immediately for surviving on that continent long enough to apply for Moderator.

+1 for being bilingual. I don't remember many Chinese speakers playing SkyBlock but at the very least this shows you have pretty good intelligence. Those tonal languages are horrifically hard to learn.

Also when you have a moment-- no hurry at all-- I have a tattoo I need translated. The entire time I was getting it at the Shenzhen parlor the artist wouldn't stop giggling.

StoneAge.jpg
    #QuickTime​

Do you have anything else available, sir? I haven't seen a .mov file for a long time but I'm also not an "Apple" kind of guy. Does your recorder export into any format normal people can view...?

FAVORITE. PART. One moment while I put the kiddo to bed and finish up around the house. I live for this section of Moderator applications and I want to give it my full attention.

TimeLoop.gif
    •time passes•

Alright, done. PROCEED.

First: +1 for a good start. You sound earnest and enthusiastic.

Secondly: HOW are you going to accomplish this? WHAT skills do you have that will make you a good pick?

This is a job application, sir. It is very nice that you want things but you stand a better chance of being hired if you explain exactly what skills you bring to the position that will get these results. The best applications I have seen generally follow the What/Why/How format:
    What ability or skill do you have that would be good?
    Why does that matter for this job?
    How would you use your skills in the position you want?​

If you get stuck or need a little push you can refer to this post about writing qualifications. There is no "right way" to apply for Moderator so feel free to ignore me.

+1 for not taking a swipe at the current Staff team. Most people accuse Moderators of never being online, this is very nice to see someone avoiding the blame game.

CerealSpit.jpg
    #NonSequitur

Thank you for the laugh, Captain Chuckles.

I think you may have experienced a slight phrasing error. Can you rewrite this or remove the sentence? Additionally there is a template question down below where you can list how almost active you are if you feel like eliminating this altogether.

This is actually a good thing. All serious professions require continuing education for their folks. Doctors, lawyers, etc. Brushing up on rules regularly can't hurt.

However I struggle with the idea that Moderating requires "tort law" levels of interpretation. If a player's first argument against being punished is "There's no exact rule against this!" they are already on shaky ground.

Handling a group of feisty kids is more about common sense and composure than anything else. But sure, if you want to memorize every comma placement in "Don't trade dirt, sand and buckets" be my guest. +1 to you for dedication Mr. Budder.

CoolStory.jpg
    Did you kill those servers? Not accusing, just curious.

Please move this portion down to the correct question (see below). This needs to be in the "Do you have experience" section. Also if you are going to plug your previous job experience please be specific about it-- if you cannot remember the name of where you worked it sounds like you are lying. Not accusing, just commenting.

Why is this important. How would you handle this. What benefit would the server gain.

You really enjoy talking about how good you are, Mr. Budder. That's very nice. But please start explaining how your skills and traits would translate into the job you are applying for.

[EDIT:] My wife stopped by and read my comments. She points out [correctly] that I need to provide an example. Let me rewrite your sentences and expound a bit:
    "I have always been a quick learner. This is important as a Moderator in order to recognize new situations and figure out how our guidelines would apply. Understanding the best way to apply our rules in new situations will help keep players happy when problems occur. This gives the community a feeling that the staff is capable of handling anything in a mature and sensitive way."​

Hopefully this explains a little more on how to transition your abilities into "job benefits" for the server.

You are describing impartiality and reasonable doubt. These are cornerstones of legal jurisprudence... which is just an arrogant way of saying "common sense".

Unflinching adherence to rules and vicious application of punishments is the requirement.

Being happy and likable is nice, but not necessary sir.

+1.

You did not articulate this very well but you are completely correct: Anyone working for an organization represents the entire organization. Moderators duties partially encompass public relations, the trick is separating the image from the responsibility.

I laughed wildly at "Australian School Days". :hilarious: Otherwise your schedule looks (mostly) reasonable and sustainable. +1 to you, Mr. Bud.

Remove the explanations and backstory here. Just go with "Yes, once for accidental grieving". The people involved with your ban (staff) already know the details and everyone else (your readers) doesn't need a long explanation justifying what happened.

This is one of those things that the more you talk about it the worse you look. Accept and move on.

AngryFace.jpg
    Wasted potential.

ARGH. If I had one recommendation for all applicants it would be to spend more time on this question. >_<

Experience is the #1 reason anyone gets hired for a job. You can bomb the rest of this post and if your job experience is good enough if will not matter. You have already listed a previous management position: What did you do? Were you in charge of rule enforcement? Refunds? Running weekly minigames? List that here!

Do you have any real life experience that would translate into this job? For example are you the student council president? Debate club member? Community babysitter? Anything where you handle groups of people would work. List it.

Best of luck, sir.

Support Status: This Bud's For You
    Rewrite this to explain why your skills would make you good at the job. Let me know when/if you make edits sir.

7. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    No support for now. You did not specify if you have TeamSpeak 3 or Skype, which is a requirement, and I would also like to see a bit more explanation on why you would be a good moderator. I also have to agree with the other people that have rated this application, and I would suggest putting more time into a lot of things, and also as Myrmidious said, instead of trying to justify your ban, just move on and talk about other things besides why it was unfair.

8. Budder2468

Budder2468 Active Member

Yeah, i do have Teamspeak 3 and skype.

9. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    You were spamming chat before.
    -
    No support as stated before.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

10. vfhuuuuu

vfhuuuuu Active Member

No support for reasons already stated by others.

11. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    No Support.
    ~ Add some more details in your application.
    ~ Work on your maturity
    ~ Work on your activity in-game
    ~ Work on your activity on forums
    ~ Use some color in your application

~ Rolly

12. MinIsAwesome

MinIsAwesome Active Member

No support as of now..

13. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    You were spamming chat before.
    -
    No support as stated before.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Voyageur

Voyageur Active Member

No Support

It appears you spam and are rude to other players which shows signs of immaturity.