Mobs Arent Spawning On My Island?

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Olquens, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olquens

Olquens Member

IGN:
    Olquens
    Hello people. My island on /skyblock has no torches and has mob spawning enabled. However mobs are not spawning on my island or inside my mobfarm. Please somebody help me nobody knows what is going on my island so if there are any staff out there that are willing to help please reply to this thread!

Note: My Minecraft IGN: DEVEL0PAR

2. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    I'm not sure but it might be that the biome of your island is preventing mobs from spawning. Try changing it to a different biome, such as the plains biome.
    I forget where it is, but do /sb and a menu will pop up, I believe it is in one of the corners.

3. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Is the spawning platform more than 24 blocks away from the main part of your island?
    Double-check that mob spawning is enabled, or disable it and re-enable it again.
    Is there a cover over the spawning platform (that prevents light from actually going onto the spawn locations)?

If you cannot get it to work, I'll get you a spawner and set it to the type of mob you want to farm.

4. Olquens

Olquens Member

IGN:
    Olquens
    Thank you for the advice however i tried it and it didn't work. I did double check that mobspawning. I also tried to make a platform 24 blocks away but i couldnt do it as i had already filled alot of my main island. I even tried as far as i could go but it still didn't work. You might not be able to see it now since i removed it but thanks again for the tip. The mob that i want to grind is Skeletons.

5. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

I've always thought that maybe the Y level has an affect on natural mob spawning, such as almost everyone builds their mob grinders upwards it means that the Y level is pretty high up in the sky (naturally it would be anyway because the skyblock starter island is already pretty high). Although I am not sure if this is actually the case it's definitely something I have thought about. Perhaps the only option is to use an actual mob spawner to get them to spawn artificially.

6. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    You aren't online right now, want to come on? I'll help you out.

7. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
  8. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Thank you for your thread on a recent issue. The issue has been resolved.
    This thread has been moved to the Help Archives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.