Mob grinder

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by rumball99, Apr 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumball99

rumball99 Member

Hello I joined the sky block server a few days ago and tried to make a mob grinder but nothing is spawning, I have the settings on so mobs can spawn but nothing is spawning, can anyone help me please

2. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    Are you playing on Survival, Economy, or Classic?
    Some common things to watch out for with mob grinders:
    1. Make sure the light level is dark enough inside of the grinder. Walk around inside with your F3 menu up, and make sure most of the area is at a light level of 7 or lower. Mobs will not spawn in areas with a light level of 8 or higher.
    2. Place torches on the roof of your grinder chamber so that mobs don't spawn on top of the grinder. I frequently see mobs spawning on top of grinders instead of inside of them, causing the grinder not to work.
    3. Try to stay about 24-32 blocks away from the grinder chamber. Mobs won't naturally spawn if you're standing closer than 24 blocks to where you want them to spawn, and they won't walk around if you're further than 32 blocks away. I like to kinda walk around getting closer and further from the chamber so that I don't have to worry about measuring exact distances, while also encouraging mobs do spawn in different areas and hopefully move around.
    Let me know if any of that helps and if you have any more issues :D

3. rumball99

rumball99 Member

Thank you very much I’ll let you know when log on if this stuff will help me. I think it’s a lighting issue glitch so I’ll try out the F3 first

4. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Also, make sure that you are spawning it on a mob-spawnable block.
    Some mobs can only spawn on certain blocks, for instance, It appears that pigs, sheep, and other animals only spawn on grass blocks, and wont spawn on cobble, while my pigman spawn perfectly fine on cobble.

5. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

rumball99
    How did you get on with the grinder, did it work now? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.