Withdrawn Mini's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Mini, Jun 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mini

Mini gronola bar Premium

IGN:
    minified
    [​IMG]
    Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Mini, I'm also known as minified (in-game). I am 17, and love to build. I’m currently finishing my mushroom island on /skyblock so my time is currently a bit tilted, but I love /economy dearly and I come on every so often to say hi and build a bit. I am familiar with all three servers as I started on /economy on this account and /classic on an old account.

Requirements

Do you have at least 50 posts?
    Yes, I have over 50 posts.

Do you have 2FA (Two Factor Verification) enabled?
    Yes, Two Factor Authentication is enabled both on forums and discord.

Has your forums account been registered for 2 weeks?
    Yes, my forums account has been registered for over two weeks.

Do you have access to discord?
    Yes, I have access to discord.

Information

Your in-game username and discord tag:
    My IGN is minified, my discord is Mini#1234.

What time zone are you in?
    I live in CST (Central Standard Time).

What country do you live in?
    I currently live in The United States.

Do you have 2FA enabled?
    Yes, Two Factor Authentication is enabled both on forums and discord.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
    Yes, I have access to the following:

Gyazo - Screen Capturing (downloaded)
    Apple Screenshots (cmnd+shift+4) – Screen Capturing (built-in software)
    Quicktime Player - Screen Recording (built-in software)
    Minecraft Screenshots - Screen Capturing (built-in software)

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

Trustworthy and Welcoming
    The Skyblock community has really embraced me. I try to be as outgoing and friendly as possible and I think I achieve that. I do my best to maintain a friendly attitude on all three platforms and answer any questions in chat that I see. Maintaining a level-headed view on all subjects is something I’ve been working my whole life to do and it’s an integral part of being a staff member.

Collaborative
    For those of you who don’t know, I used to be an officer in my school's chapter of the FFA as well as in many sports, but I had to quit them all to work full-time along with being a full-time student. All of those require collaboration and communication amongst members. I have gotten very good at it over the years and I can drop almost anything to help out a fellow team member in an emergency.

Dependable and Dedicated
    While I have only been a part of the Skyblock community for 7 months (not including my best friend's old account). I have been extremely active and social. I play very often and try to talk in chat as much as possible because you, the community are a fundamental part of my life. I try to log in every single day, and while that is occasionally impossible I stick to that for the most part. While real-life can get in the way, I make an effort to be present for everyone in my life!

Mature and Honest
    The community has helped me grow in so many ways. I've always been a mature and honest person, I had to “grow up” much before the age of 17 due to personal reasons and I’ve learned how to integrate that into my online persona. I now know how to be the best version of myself in part because of Skyblock and all y'all have taught me so thank you.

How active can you be daily?
    I always try to achieve a minimum of 2 hours a day, but I normally can be active 3-10 hours per day especially in the summertime. I do work full-time and once we go back in August I will be a full-time student!

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    My original join date was late 2015 where I played for around 3 months; I have been playing for almost 7 months.

Have you ever been banned in the past (Forums & In-game)?
    I have never been banned/muted/warned on any platform.

Do you have any previous moderation experience?
    Yes, I used to moderate on a large server that is still running today. I held the position of moderator there for 4 months in 2017 where I moderated in game strictly as the server did not have a forums or discord. I left to pursue school, but have since learned to manage my time more appropriately. Since then I have moderated two smaller servers that have since shut down, but I am very familiar with moderation.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    Yes, I meet the requirements for staff as listed prior.

Conclusion
    Thank you for taking your time to read my application. I appreciate the opportunities the skyblock community has given me and I would love to work with the staff team to continue making this a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone. While I’ve only been playing Skyblock for a short time, the server has helped me grow so much. Skyblock has made me mature into a better person because of the wonderful and dedicated community. I have made so many friends that have gotten me through hard times and been there for me unconditionally. Skyblock is a place that has accepted me no matter what and I’d love to be that for other people.

I love and thank you all.

• No Support No Support x 8
    • Support Support x 7
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
  2. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    100% support. I will be writing a more in-depth reply later but for now I can say you’re very active, mature, kind and sweet. Good luck Mini :heart:

3. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support don't need to explain why
    Good luck ❤️❤️

4. trimmy

trimmy Member

IGN:
    trickytimmy
    Support! Very kind, knowledgeable, and helpful! Every time I see Mini on, she's very eager to answer any questions that people may have! Activity is great, see her quite frequently chatting in the Skyblock discord. :>

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  5. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    support for mini, happy to see you applying.
    I've stepped back from applications and only tend to reply when I am 100000% certain of the applicant and their potential.
    You are always online when I am, and you are willing to give advice and guidance to other players that need help. I see you online on discord quite often as well which is a positive!
    My only improvement guidance would be forums activity, 182 messages is above the post count - but I see it as a constant goal to work towards, it is my goal as well :') and if you would like to push it a little further, then you can always have a go at answering discord help questions in the channels (though I do understand it can be difficult to answer there first).

You are on the right path though, and I believe you are fit for the role.
    best of luck from here mini :heart:

6. Mini

Mini gronola bar Premium

IGN:
    minified
    I can't wait to read it! Thanks so much for the support my love :heart:!
    Thanks Bert! You're always so kind!
    Awww thank you so much Tim! I hope you get your activity up too, you must come play more!
    Thank you so much for the advice and Geo! I'm slowly working on my forums posts but I will definitely focus more on forums! I also do keep my pings on for the help channels but I need to get back in the habit to respond to them. Thank you so so much for everything and I will most definitely implement your advice!

Thank you all for the kind words and critiques it means so much!

7. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Support gl :heart:

8. bubloe

bubloe Experienced Member

IGN:
    bubloe
    mini,

i’m sorry but I am going to have to go with no support. i have seen you be fake to people, use players for money, hold grudges, and ruin friendships by starting drama with others. this has gone so far as to where people have come to me telling me that they have felt used by you, and there have even been people leaving the server because of you. its one thing to have some drama with people and keeping it between you guys, but to turn everyone against someone and talk about them behind their back is not okay. as a moderator, you need to remain unbiased and people should feel like they can approach you.
    i remember that i had talked with you a little about drinking a few months ago, and then afterward, you had started telling everyone that i “get drunk off of one beer”.. i was very uncomfortable with this and had asked you many times to not say anything about me drinking on my favorite childhood minecraft server, however, you still continued to. this also goes into remaining confidential and respecting people’s privacy.
    another part of moderating is making sure everyone feels welcomed and included. the other day I asked if my friend could join us when going to hang out with a group on another server. you told me that you didn’t really know them, which i can understand if its real life, but it is just a game where the point is for players to meet new people, connect, and have fun.
    in the past, i have heard you say that you wanted to switch to no support on a player who is currently a staff member because you had felt as though they were using people to get supports. i find it very hypocritical as i have seen you do this same tactic for months now.

i wish you all the best, but i will remain at a no support.

9. PieCake

PieCake Active Member

IGN:
    PieCake
    no support for the reasons stated above.

10. Mini

Mini gronola bar Premium

IGN:
    minified
    Thanks Splat!
    Hi Bubs, thank you for your opinion. I have made plenty of mistakes. But I’ve come to learn that mistakes come with humanity. There are things I said that I will regret for the rest of my life, but I took some time. Time to mature and grow and that’s now been implemented into my online life. All I can do in the future is be better, and helping the community is something I’ve always loved to do. Over time I hope that you can meet the person who I am today, and I hope that in time I can prove myself to you and the community.
    Thank you for your input Pie, as I said earlier I've made mistakes and for that, I'm deeply sorry, but I have grown and am willing to give my absolute most to the community to prove that. I hope that in due time you can see how much I've changed because I truly have.

11. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    Support.

I've gotten to know Mini mostly through the SB and SW discords and a bit in-game over the past couple months. Mini is a lovely, helpful and kind person. I've seen her help out a number of newbies in the discord and considering her time spent on Skyblock, I think it's clear that she has a good understanding of how the server runs.

I think it's great that you've owned up to your past mistakes and have apologized for them, I believe that is a sign of a sincere individual.
    • Is active, kind and quick to help out whether on the discord, forums or in-game
    • Understands the rules and while I can't speak for her report count on skyblock, she seems to understand them well
    • Is friendly and approachable, while maintaining a positive and uplifting attitude
    • Your past moderation experience is also a bonus, I'm sure you learned a lot from those experiences!
    Good luck with your application Mini! :heart:

12. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

hii mini!

for now, i won't be supporting this application for obvious reasons. some of what i have thought of was already stated by bubloe as well. we've begun to discuss things privately, however we only started to make amends around when your application was posted. i will need some time to trust and believe in your sincerity, because as of right now i cannot be sure. i hope you understand this.

i wish you luck with your application!

13. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    No support for the same/similar reasons that bubloe stated above.

I will not go into depth as not to start flaming or giving biased opinions.

14. haz

haz bobaa Premium

IGN:
    hazrdgalaxy
    no answer just support good luck and your very kind and patient

15. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    i will also no support because of the reasons stated and one person who i will keep anonymous said that they gave mini their skylord kit, the literal skylord kit and mini's reaction was basically just that she doesn't care at all. the anonymous person told me they didnt know how to feel about them, so yeah. no support.

EDIT: looking at this again, i can’t even believe i was friends with you and thought you were a nice person. you always tried to be nice and even kept secrets about your true self, even bubloe was uncomfortable with you.

listen, not trying to derail a staff application off its train tracks but this is honestly the weakest apology i've heard on skyblock entirely. you say you wanna help the community but yet dgaf about someone's kit, and i haven't even seen you help anyone at all. your apology is as weak as those tiktok girls apologies when they do something bad and make an excuse saying that they've matured and they "won't do it again." i'll personally just keep a no support.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  16. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Currently, Mini is unavailable at the moment due to some personal issues & cannot be active at the moment. She has asked for this application to be temporarily withdrawn.

Kind regards.

Application withdrawn at the applicant's request.
    If you would like to reopen your thread, please report this post within the next 90 days, otherwise you will have to create a new application if you wish to be considered!
    This thread has been moved to Withdrawn/Inactive Applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.