Resolved Message Farming

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by GLaDDeX1234, Jan 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLaDDeX1234

GLaDDeX1234 Active Member

IGN:
    GLaDDeX1234
    I'm aware what Message Farming is, but what's the limit of messages I'd get before someone sees me as "message farming"(like, if i texted 20 times? 16?)? I want to know cuz I just know i'm gonna end up talking too much and someone will see it as message farming (not that I'm going to message farm or make just under the limit of messages, just want to know when I should probably stop talking for a couple days)

2. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Basically farming would just be say messaging like 10 posts at once, replying to very old threads for no other reason than to gain messages, etc. Basically just spread out your messages and don`t reply to every single thread that you see pop up :) There`s no limit to how MANY messages you send, just avoid too many in a row as well as replying to something just for the sake of a message

You don`t need to not talk for a couple of days though, it`s alright to say something every day, just don`t reply to EVERYTHING like I stated above:hah:

3. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

this is from forums rules:
    you can read more about post farming here:
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

in general I would say that you're fine except sometimes you seem to be posting consecutively especially with commenting on suggestions in the span of like 5-10 minutes (just slow down a tad :p) but other than that I'd say you're fine

4. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    The other time when the Post Farming rule is completely obsolete is in the Off-topic section, as your Post count is NOT raised by messages you send in Off-topic. This includes the Gravedigging rule as well - you're allowed to gravedig threads (or at very least, threads that are yours) in the Off-topic section.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  5. GLaDDeX1234

IGN:
    GLaDDeX1234
    I thought u couldn't get Messages from Off-Topic posts?

6. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

You can't.

7. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I missed a word, my bad

8. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    As long as your posts actually contribute to the thread rather than repeating something someone has already said or just putting very short posts that mean nothing, I think you'll be okay. Also, make sure not to double post (posting two or more posts right after each other) and instead just edit the original post.

9. GLaDDeX1234

IGN:
    GLaDDeX1234
    ik that part, i hate accidentally posting the same thing and talking too much, i like to lump all I want to say in a single post to avoid that kinda thing lol

10. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

11. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Thank you for your thread on a recent query! It seems like it has now been resolved.
    This thread has been locked moved to Help Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.