EUR Megan's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Megan, Jul 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann

[​IMG]

Hey everyone I want to start by thanking you all for taking your time to read my staff application. I am writing this application in hopes of being considered for a potential staff member position! I appreciate this opportunity to apply and would love to have the chance to work with the staff team to continue their amazing job at keeping the server a welcoming and fair community.

A brief introduction:

My name is Megan, I am 17 and love creating islands and designs on the server. I spend a lot of my time over on /economy however, I am also familiar with the /skyblock server and I check in on it now and again so please take this into consideration when reviewing my application. I welcome and appreciate all feedback and constructive criticism from any players on the server. I will use all feedback to grow as a player and hopefully persuade you to support me for the staff team.

Do I meet the requirements?

♦ 50 Post Count [You must have posted 50 times on our forums in sections where post count is enabled]
    Yes.

♦ Two Factor Authentication
    Yes on Forums and Discord and Minecraft.

♦ 2 Weeks registered on the Skyblock forums [Be a member of our forums for at least 2 weeks]
    Of course.

♦ Have a discord account [Discord is the primary way to be contacted outside of the server and forums]

Yes, my username is Megan#9326

I will now get started on the important stuff

Your in-game name:
    _Meganx

What time zone are you in?
    BST/GMT

What country do you live in?
    UK

What languages do you speak?
    My first language is English however I have a GCSE in Spanish and French and can hold a conversation in the language.

Do you have 2FA enabled?
    Yes, on Forums, Discord and Minecraft account.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Yes, I have screen record, game capture and screenshots.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?
    I think I should be given the opportunity on the staff team because I love playing on this server. I feel like I am knowledgeable and fair - meaning I can help players in the best way possible to provide an enjoyable and equal game play for everyone.

How long can you be active on the server every day?
    At the moment, I have been on every day for at least 4/5 hours. This will roughly remain the same, even when I return back to college however I will always be available on Discord to help even if a player just wants someone to talk to.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    I have played Skyblock since 2014 but I have had a few years off the game during exams and restricted free time. I started again around 3-4 months ago and got very addicted! Although this may seem like a short amount of time compared to other applicants, I feel like I can still bring an equal amount of help and support to players that they can.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    I have never been banned (or muted) on the forums or in game.

Do you have any previous moderation experience?
    I have moderated a server a few years back but unfortunately the server is no longer open.

A bit about me and what I think I can bring to the roll on the staff team:

Approachable
    I feel that being a staff member you need to be approachable; this is so people feel comfortable speaking to you about any issues or problems they may be having. I want players to come to me knowing they can talk about anything that is on their mind and that I will be there to help and guide them 100%. The last thing I would want is a player not enjoying their time on the server and feeling as though they cannot talk to anyone about it.

Team player
    In my opinion this is an important trait to have as part of the staff team as it shows you can work well with others. I feel things work best when you are in a team. Being able to communicate with one another is so important, especially when explaining moderator decisions.

Caring (Friendly)

Being caring and friendly is so important when having such a large role on a server, it encourages people to want to talk to you. Some players may see Moderators as the rule enforcers however I would be more than happy to comfort players emotionally and sit and talk about their problems or concerns that may not even be related to Minecraft game play. I am not a professional when it comes to these things, but the welfare of players is also important to me. I like to try and resolve arguments on the server and I regularly check up on the players after an event to make sure they are still happy and enjoying a server. Although this may not be important, I just want other players to know that they can come to the moderators.

However, regardless of a player’s situation, if they are in the wrong then I won’t be biased and disregard the issue. I am a strong believer that whatever a player does, actions have consequences.

Knowledgeable
    As some of you may have noticed, I regularly help on the servers when it is needed. For example, letting players know the right commands for a certain situation or sharing tips on how to get the most money from farming (Economy). I also try to resolve arguments between players. This could be making sure items are traded fairly or items are returned to the players if the trade was unfair. You may ask why I am going for staff if I do this already. In my opinion, players take you more seriously if you are part of the staff team. They look up to you as an example. I would also love the opportunity to work alongside some of the best staff members I have ever met.

Reasonable/Fair/Honest
    I have been blessed to have met so many friends on the server and I am so overwhelmed by how kind everyone is. However, I will not let this get in the way of an issue if it has arisen. All players new or experienced should be treated the same and I won’t let my friendships get in the way of moderating.

Thank you:
    Thank you for taking the time to read my application and I hope you genuinely consider me a suitable member for the staff team.

I appreciate all support and comments and will take them on board to improve myself as a player.

In-game name: _Meganx
    Discord: Megan#9326

• Support Support x 34
    • Neutral Neutral x 4
    • No Support No Support x 2
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  2. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Megan,
    You're a really active, dedicated and friendly player that is now well known by the community and you have presented yourself in a really great manner throughout your behaviour on all of the platforms as well as through this application. On discord you are really active in all of the chats (often speaking with myself and others), and you are almost always in-game when I am. The only place that needs working on is forums, but I'm not at all concerned about that because I feel like post count doesn't matter too much. As long as you are actively browsing the forums regularly and helping out where you can then you'll be doing fine. It's up to you if you want to participate more outside of help sections so I feel the post count is a bit silly to no support for.

You are a well respected member of this community and I wish you all the best.
    Keep up the good work!
    :)

3. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    You have my full support! You're an extremely active player on economy (and survival as well) and seem to truly enjoy the server. I consistently see you online engaging with the community and helping players that are in need. There haven't been any situations where I have seen you involved in any drama/arguments and I think that is huge! You're kind, compassionate, and approachable. I would really like to see you on the team. Good luck, and keep it up!

4. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thank you both!! It means a lot!:)

5. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

You're an extremely nice and active player.
    I've talked to you a few times here and there and you're very approachable, and easy to talk to.
    You've been consistently active for the past few months that I have seen you on, and you do help players in chat whenever they may need it.

However, I'd really like to see you more active and involved on Discord & on the forums. There's no doubt that you come onto these platforms since I do see you, however involving yourself and increasing your activity here would be good, especially since you're just a few posts above the required amount for applying. Moderating on platforms other than in-game will be extremely important as well, so I hope to see you on more in the future.

With that being said, I support you. I have no doubt that you'd be a good staff member, just as long as you do get more active on Discord and on the forums.

Good luck Meg :)

6. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thank you Mai, I will take that on board:)
    You're so kind and I have loved talking to you in-game hopefully we will talk over discord more :)

7. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Support! 100% You are kind and caring, friendly and helpful. You have not been with us very long but you are dedicated and always happy to learn new things and pass them onto others.
    Perhaps work on discord and forum activity, but you are already paying more attention to them.
    Megan, you deserver this
    I wish you the best of luck :heart: :heart:

8. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thank you Frez! :heart:

9. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Support ofc :> just be a bit more active in the discord help channels :)

10. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    thankyou!! :)

11. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    I've been off of skyblock for long enough now that I don't believe my support would be valid, but good luck on helper!

12. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thankyou!:)
    Nice to see you're back.

13. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hey Megan,

Nice to see you’ve applied and I’ve expected this. I see that you’ve reached 50 posts but I would’ve suggested that you got to at least 100 so it doesn’t seem you were trying to increase your post count to be eligible to apply. Like James said, your Forum activity is not low but not high, it’s like mid range. Your discord activity has been really good lately and you’ve always been helpful since the day I met you. I know that if you get helper, you will be an amazing one. I would recommend increasing your forum activity by a tad and you’ll be good! Without any more sentences, I’m going to give you my full support! You are always helpful, kind and generous. Good luck to you! :D

14. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thanks for the advice and support! Best of luck to you also!:)

15. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Just to add, I love your application! Short and simple, while informative and professional!

16. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I'll be neutral for now, this will definitely become a support in the future - I need to see more activity on the forums, as you only have 60 messages.

Seeing as economy isn't my main server, I can't comment on how active you are, but I know that you always hop on survival from time to time; commendable.

17. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thankyou for the feedback:)

18. Cooties

Cooties Member

IGN:
    kandy2011
    I don’t really know you, but within the time that I’ve been active on forums, you’ve been super kind to me and everyone else that I’ve seen. You have my full support and I hope to see you get the position you’re looking for! Best of luck, I’m manifesting this for you!! (മ◡മ)ノ♥

19. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thankyou! It was lovely to meet you:)

20. Lukxy

Lukxy Member

IGN:
    Lukxy
    Always kind, fair, and an enjoyable experience with Megan. So I support it!

(Just don't let her be a helper when it comes to redstone...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.