Mcmmo

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Hoecobo, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

okay this isn't much of a suggestion, just wanted to see what people thought of mcmmo here. Personally I feel like it adds a lot to skyblock just from the herbalism skill for farming, fishing, and acrobatics. To me, .org can get a little dry every once in awhile, and I feel like this could be a new twist. I realize a lot of people don't like mcmmo, hence the reason I didn't put this in suggestions. I just want opinions from people, and I might make a real suggestion if people's feelings have changed towards the plugin.

2. KeemstarVEVO

KeemstarVEVO Well-Known Member

k i agree

3. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

Did you even read the thread lmao

4. Danisonic

Danisonic Active Member

I wouldn't mine, since I don't see how it makes a difference..

EDIT: Stahp rating this bad spelling... ;-; I still wouldn't mine cobblestone as I don't really mind mcmmo on servers.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  5. SomeoneCalledJ

SomeoneCalledJ Experienced Member

I don't think its necessary. But hey, fun to have.
    Partial support.

6. fathercourt

fathercourt Senior Member

IGN:
    fathercourt
    this

7. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

You know how the herbalism skill works right? It's kinda perfect for .org, because it rewards those who farm more/do manual farming.

8. keeper_of_flame

keeper_of_flame Experienced Member

I've recently fallen in love with mcmmo. lol

In honesty, you could do more then herbalism on skyblock. Woodcutting, herbalism, fishing, repair, salvage, acrobatics, alchemy and any of the combat skills.

With woodcutting, you can get double drops and tree feller would make harvesting giant trees much easier for anyone who doesn't have fly.
    Herbalism as hoecobo brought up, offers the chance of turning dirt into grass, which is helpful for someone who accidentally got rid of all their grass and doesn't want to buy any from someone else. You can also get mycelium with shroom thumb. It also allows grown food to fill more hunger and helps with the actual growth and replanting of crops.
    Fishing at higher levels gives way more "treasure" then vanilla minecraft. At a high levels there's a rare chance of getting iron, gold, ghast tears, blaze rods, armour, tools and even diamonds.
    Repair allows you to use an iron block as a never breaking anvil to repair tools and armour as long as you have material; enchantments get stripped away initially but as you level up you can keep enchantments.
    Salvage allows you to get materials back from some crafted items. It would be useful for mis-crafts, but also to get raw material when getting armour from mobs, making those drops more useful. Although, this could be over-powered.
    Acrobatics is trained when you fall and as you train it can allow you to roll and take less fall damage. This can be really useful on multi-level islands.
    Alchemy could come in handy for people who brew. At level 5 you can make a potion of haste with a carrot, which could really come in handy.
    Any of the combat skills could be used for killing mobs, and finishing the mob arena. It allows you to get stronger with your sword, axe, bow or even your fist. There's also taming, but I don't know much about it. :p

I'm not really for or against it, just sort of laying out the facts for people who didn't bother looking into mcmmo before checking out this thread. XD There's a bit of learning, but there always is on servers. :p It's not something people would have to know about or use as it's automatic, but for people who did want to, it could definitely add something.

It would however effect the economy, I'm just not sure if that would be for the better or for the worse. It would also have the potential of bridging the gap between non-donor and donor as the more you work, the more you have access to and the more powerful you become. And it would give super competitive people something to increase besides their balance since each skill comes with an /mctop list and there's also a power list which combines all skills.

Could be interesting.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  9. Maximilian

Maximilian Senior Member

yea ok but what is mcmmo

10. RocketOG

RocketOG Guest

I know what it is from other servers and I never really understood it.

11. -Diamonds180-

-Diamonds180- Member

Yeah, mcmmo is my bae.
    I would love to see .org with it.

12. GTechNerd

GTechNerd Well-Known Member

I used to play on faction servers with mcmmo. Support.

13. anna

anna Well-Known Member

I'd love for this to be added. Support.

14. Layla

Layla Active Member

Support, it would be much easier to cut down trees.

15. PopIs_MyLife

PopIs_MyLife Active Member

support, but on org not on net.

16. ozapenguin

ozapenguin Active Member

Support but I think it would be better on .net. As, keeper_of_flame said, it might help bridge the gap between donors and non-donors, because on .org that isn't much of a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.